April 12, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Jaylee Kelly (Not Relevant)
    Their BYOND Key
    Hunk1
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4:56 p.m Central US time for the round
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    This format does not apply to the situation for ahelp protocol. However, As for code of conduct, "Preserving RP and enjoyment" and "Don't Abuse power" may apply, due to the incident.
    Description of the incident
    During the round of the given time, I was observing the round. I'm not personally involved, however, but I noticed in deadchat that the Captain was being arrested for something. That something turned out to be murder of the captain's cat, which was... treated as murder. I won't go into alleged details I don't know for certain however.

This also included an arrest warrant for the XO, for desertion apparently, because they were field deployed while the captain was ...shipside. The arrest happened, CO was cryoed, again, won't alledge further than what I know almost for certain, and the XO was set for arrest. The RO was also somewhat part of a mess, but I don't know about that part.

When the situation of the co being arrested for the charge of murder over killing his cat was ahelped, I got an IC issue. And when deadchat started getting salty, He muted deadchat.

He also threatened warns and force sleeps on anyone who dared try to mutiny after the captain was arrested and cryoed over a cat, and threatened warns of ahelp abuse over anyone who ahelped the situation further.

This COMPLETELY ruined the pace of the round, RUINED the chain of command, and got the entire server in an uproar.

Additionally, this was, as hunk admitted, Not an event, and not in the players best interest. See ahelp logs if there are any for more details

Now, to be fair. The Jones law is an actual law. However, Applying that to the captain, then using that to sanction arresting the entire chain of command, kind of ruins a round.
    Evidence
    Round logs, Probably tons of other people willing to support that this happened on the forums. Probably a lot of people willing to testify, especially on the discord.
    How you would punish the accused
    It's not up to me to decide how this is punished. I just want to see justice done here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll post a response tomorrow.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there I was the XO for this round, the MPs were being complete and total shitheads for the entire round. They arrested the CO for shooting his cat, which is not legal, then they proceeded to arrest me for being unable to get back to LZ1 due to the xenos harassing the entire pathway from my location (the yard) to LZ1. When I did finally manage to make it back to the LZ, the MPs arrested me once I tried to return to CIC to lead the operation, as they threatened multiple times to arrest me, so I said "If an MP gets within 5 feet of me I will shoot them."

I was told to go down to help lead from the front since the CO and I were trying out something a little different and we wanted to make sure it would work. We lightly fortified LZ1 and then dedicated all of our resources to securing the yard and making it into a MegaFOB. This was a very successful plan, as the yard was not breached at any point during the round and we managed to get the xenos down to 8 left. The only reason that the entire round became a mess was because the staff and MPs decided that it would be 'so quirky and funny' to arrest the CO for shooting the cat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly have to close this because I'm technically not involved. Admins, please do so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Killing the Captain's cat is indeed considered Murder, even if you are the Captain yourself. The Reason the Captain did it as far as i can remember as well was to "Lower Defcon" although i might be wrong.

The CO's arrest was approved by me and the CO later went SSD and the MP's seems to have cryoed him. I will make it more obvious the Captain is also held under the "Jones Law".

- Writer of ML
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post
    Hi there,

Killing the Captain's cat is indeed considered Murder, even if you are the Captain yourself. The Reason the Captain did it as far as i can remember as well was to "Lower Defcon" although i might be wrong.

The CO's arrest was approved by me and the CO later went SSD and the MP's seems to have cryoed him. I will make it more obvious the Captain is also held under the "Jones Law".

- Writer of ML
    I confirm he killed Jones for DEFCON, I will give more information on the other report since this is being withdrawn

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn. If involved wants to make a report they're free to do so.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids