User Tag List

Thread: Private/ Private third second first class

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Private/ Private third second first class

I really like the whole PVT/PFC distinction, maybe add private second and third class with further time locks so that private first classes are the old lads who have played a lot, something to look foward to while playing, I'm thinking third class coming from nine hours of play total, second coming from 50 hours, and private first class coming from 100 hours.

Lemme know what you think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    devs won't add this, mainly, at least from my pov, because it encourages elitism in the largest role of marines with certain players that will use it to their advantage to be a shitter to some degree.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    devs won't add this, mainly, at least from my pov, because it encourages elitism in the largest role of marines with certain players that will use it to their advantage to be a shitter to some degree.
    Then 3 letters beno prefix after a lot of hours being beno exists. Council of Beetroot is contradicting itself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An additional rank would be excellent.

Private should be for brand new players, this should alert the SEA on board who should have a tracker for them.

PFC should be somewhat got when someone has the bare grasp of the game.

Beyond that it should be an achievement most players who play seminoften will reach. A mark of time.

This would prevent the elitism and help SLs keep an eye on which players need a bit more care and which players can be kept to their own devices.

Just make them unable to order each other around.

Adding some sort of progression system would be neat, make those roundstart points flavour stuff everyone starts with in to unique stuff you start with worth something.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    An additional rank would be excellent.

Private should be for brand new players, this should alert the SEA on board who should have a tracker for them.

PFC should be somewhat got when someone has the bare grasp of the game.

Beyond that it should be an achievement most players who play seminoften will reach. A mark of time.

This would prevent the elitism and help SLs keep an eye on which players need a bit more care and which players can be kept to their own devices.

Just make them unable to order each other around.

Adding some sort of progression system would be neat, make those roundstart points flavour stuff everyone starts with in to unique stuff you start with worth something.
    Definitely a good point. Expanded customization would be fun, even regardless of playtime. I am somewhat concerned that linking customization to playtime would lead to essentially the same thing as rank-measuring (akin to games like tf2 or CS:GO, but hopefully without paid cosmetics.). However, giving some slight bonuses for playing longer wouldn't be the end of the world in my book.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DekoToast View Post
    Definitely a good point. Expanded customization would be fun, even regardless of playtime. I am somewhat concerned that linking customization to playtime would lead to essentially the same thing as rank-measuring (akin to games like tf2 or CS:GO, but hopefully without paid cosmetics.). However, giving some slight bonuses for playing longer wouldn't be the end of the world in my book.
    It might not even really be a bonus for newer people to be able to customize. They’re going to be having a hard time figuring out how to reload their guns, much less customizing them. So it’s more like a “ok, you’ve played long enough that introducing you to attachments is t going to completely overwhelm you.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    It might not even really be a bonus for newer people to be able to customize. They’re going to be having a hard time figuring out how to reload their guns, much less customizing them. So it’s more like a “ok, you’ve played long enough that introducing you to attachments is t going to completely overwhelm you.”
    Hmm, maybe there should be a New Player Kit in the Marine vendors. It should basically give them an M41A MK2 with magnetic harness and angled grip, a fully loaded belt with ammo, and a pair of binoculars. Definitely no grenades.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Hmm, maybe there should be a New Player Kit in the Marine vendors. It should basically give them an M41A MK2 with magnetic harness and angled grip, a fully loaded belt with ammo, and a pair of binoculars. Definitely no grenades.
    That's a very good idea.

I suggest gitlabbing that.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    That's a very good idea.

I suggest gitlabbing that.
    I'm planning that, just need to tune it a bit. It should be an actual good option for a new player, but not so good that it overshadows the other kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I'm planning that, just need to tune it a bit. It should be an actual good option for a new player, but not so good that it overshadows the other kits.
    It’s an excellent idea.

Make it only available to PVT (since if the devs wanted infinite mag harnesses in the game, they’d be available in regular prep), and make all other stuff not available to PVT. Make it 45 points so they get the idea of spending those. Then, like you said: an m41 mk2 with a mag harness and flashlight grip (I think putting a-grips on there is a bad idea, let them discover performance attachments later), one ammo pouch pre-filled with clips, a webbing pre-filled with 3 clips (to get them used to getting ammo from more than one place, maybe make one clip per pouch/webbing AP... maybe), a flare pouch as the second pouch, an MD for the belt, a satchel containing: a first-aid and pain-stop pen, binoculars, MRE, and enough flare packs to fill the rest of the space in the satchel (satchels will be easier for newer people).

That seems pretty straightforward, the only items that normally cost anything would be the webbing, the AP clips. the MD, and the binocs.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 04-20-2020 at 12:32 PM.