Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huebone - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Challade

Player Name You Use Most?
    Uriel 'Encino Man' Payan

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Personally, I don't see it as a useful tool to use as this is a game, and you can easily just remove a player from the round by brigging them permanantly.

However, as an RP standard I understand that I have the expectation of doing realistic Battlefield Executions, such as desertion, war crimes, crimes against humanity etc.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    My CO character, Uriel 'Encino Man' Payan, will be an older, more experienced, wiser marine. He will be more assertive but understanding of the human nature.

People make mistakes, they're humans, not all people can play the role they were given as effectively as others. Therefore, if a staff is incompetent I won't chew them out, maybe ahelp for someone to help guide them but that's as far as I would go. Insubordination is a completely different thing. In that case, I have to delegate the MP's. In most cases, the MP's can handle the situation very well, but if the operation is at risk, I have to deal with it myself. And unfortunately, Encino Man runs a tight schedule, which he is not happy to change, however, he lightly ever feels the need to BE unless absolutely necessary. In the case of a mutiny he would try diplomacy first, but he has a short fuse and will not hesitate to quell it with his bare hands.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    It's a high RP role that makes sure the ship runs smoothly and leads the marines in their way. They have a similar job as XO, except, because they have to whitelist, they are held up to higher RP standards. This reason is why the CO has the right to remove players from the round permanently, and can influence more things, unlike the XO who would get(and rightfully so) bwoinked for power gaming or metagaming. The whitelist exists to give the highest position in the game to people who show themselves to be fully capable of using this power responsibly.

With great power comes great responsibility.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The ability to make new squads and change headsets to that new frequency. I want this because of Aliens: Infestation. I want to bring up Echo squad, Foxy Boys etc. This would also help in really low pop where there are maybe 4 marines per round, just move them all into one squad easily. In highpop this would be interesting as well, where you could make a smaller squad of selected individuals to carry out a certain task. Such as when Windhealer made a "Scalp Squad" so he could go down in battle. I'd also like this to have a choosable color that affects the color that the armor would show, etc. as well as be able to change the 4 main squads colors as well.

I would like this specifically only a CO thing, to avoid metagaming from lower ranks such as changing all marines to (barely)different shades of one color, and be held to high standards in RP.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    For the most part, normal CO things. Occasionally newer interesting tactics to rounds. I call these Encino Tactics, these tactics will bring about glory to the USCM, or I will be burned at the stake for my sins. That is not to say I be hedonistic and wild every round, but occasionally I will do something new, such as switch up the order in which marines are usually arranged for duties, Order full on all or nothing charges towards groups of enemies(I will join these charges if possible), just stuff to make rounds more fun for marines.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Uriel was just born wild. His friends called him Caveman during his youth, and when he somehow ended up in the corps he quickly got the name Encino Man, after an old classic movie. He can't help it, since he was a young child he was rambunctious for attention, he got it from his parents, but he always knew that they weren't really his parents. An orphan adopted by an Army veteran and his wife. His adopted father's discipline and success always left Uriel feeling inadequate growing up. One day, a marine recruiter reached out to him and his "father" to chat. "This was the moment", thought Uriel, and he jumped at the chance to join the marines. Much to the surprise of his family, his neanderthal ass got in. He gave his regards and best wishes, and in the end he accepted his family as everything he has. With kisses and hugs, he waved his hand. He never looked back.

There was never a break for Encino Man. The drill instructors in boot camp gave him hell. The low grunthood of Private First Class wasn't any better. It got even worse when he encountered the UPP in 2174. As part of Echo squad, he was sent on the front line to investigate reports of unrecognized military trespassing in a colony. When he arrived all hell had broken out, the entire squad was surrounded by a UPP guerilla fire team. His first battle outside of simulations, simulations that never taught him the realities of war. The 9 minute battle felt like 9 hours of hell. The men and women he was going to eat dinner with were having their final meals of led. In the final moment, he heard his SL mark an air strike at their location, before he could protest, Encino Man got cracked by 3 bullets to the helmet, quickly extinguishing consciousness for a moment. The moment that lasted a day. When he awoke he couldn't move. At first he assumed he was in a purgatory. When he heard pebbles being thrown around he let out whimpers, he was the last survivor of Echo squad, saved by rubble created by an explosion assumed to be caused by the specs fire tank being blown. All around him the air strikes damage was done. When asked what had occurred, he was ignorant, but in on him was a broken pair of range-finders, likely his squad leaders after the explosion. Upon observation, the bullet trauma on his helmet caused him to have short hand amnesia. He could only remember flying into the colony. When he was hailed as a war hero he gladly accepted the medal of extraordinary valor, not knowing he was taking a medal undeserving. There were only scraps left of the UPP fire team, and of Echo squad. There was as much evidence of UPP as there was of Echo squad, only Encino survived. By sheer luck. The USCM never had the evidence to accuse the UPP of attacking. But they did have the evidence to raise Uriel through the ranks.

From Sergeant to Officer, the spoils of being a war hero were plentiful. His parents proud, his peers envious, his rank rising, what could Uriel lack? An answer. The incident from his head trauma had been light, he had all the answers he needed except one. What happened that day? Who attacked his squad? Why? And how was it only he survived? The thing that tormented him most, "I would never call an air strike on my team, why did I do it?" The answers never came to him. Eventually he began to doubt whether he really called the air strike. It wasn't short after however, where his reputation had gotten him a position on the USS Almayer, as the Captain no less. The doubt was soon put away, there was a time and place for it, and he would find it someday. For now, he has a job to lead the Falling Falcons, and no doubts are gonna stop that.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baseline app, Not terrible but not outstanding either. Ill more than likely +1 this at a later point but for now ill remain Neutral. If you want the +1 i wanna see you in CiC over the next week. I know you know the shooty part of the game and we talked about what other skills can be needed to know for CO but ive NEVER seen you in CiC and other special roles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Command role, Uriel. Neutral for now and uh I love your profile pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I saw you playing recently as XO, your APP is really... average, at least for me. I'll be trusting you here, since I believe that you're capable of handling the pressure +1
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 01-20-2019 at 04:15 AM.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few things I'd like to address about the application.

Firstly, I'll go over the answers. They were very average and basic, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just prefer it when I see a little more effort put into the answers. I'm also just a bit worried about your... "Encino tactics", as suicide rushes aren't exactly what marines call fun usually.

As for your in game activity, I see you in game during low to med pop usually. That being said, I've never seen you once play a CIC role, and I don't believe I've truly seen you try to RP once. For playing CO, you need to at the very least know how to play Command and RP, which you have yet to prove to me or anyone else who has said issue. There was also an instance where you blue flamed around a dozen people as a Pyro spec, where myself and many others believed you to be soft griefing, however there is no way to prove said accusation so we'll leave it at that. However, when confronted, you insulted everyone claiming you were the one who "saved the marines". I would not trust you to have the right mindset while playing CO, as people will not always agree with your tactics or orders IC or OOC and instead of taking the advice, you might instead insult the ones trying to give it to you. It is stated on the wiki page for CO that COs should not insult the lower ranks for things such as advice or criticism. From my experiences with you, I believe the wiki examples of how to not be a CO are pretty close to how you act in game.

The Commanding Officer refuses to acknowledge suggestions.
    The Commanding Officer orders any lower rank who disagrees or criticizes them to cease talking.
    The Commanding Officer refuses any responsibility for failures.

Your forum activity is... odd to say the least. I've seen you say very odd things such as This. Some of said things are vile, but if that's how you shitpost, then... fine. I've also seen you on a few occasions be pretty salty in the discord, to the point where you were throwing insults at people, similar to how you did in game.

As for your... Ahem... story. I'll be honest. Its very bad. I mostly look for effort when I review applications, and this one surely lacked it. In your extremely short story, your character gets promoted to Captain from... Sergeant. Because you called an airstrike. It makes very, very little sense at all.

There are a few other things I could get into, but it'd be beating a dead horse. This is a -1 from me. I review apps looking for at least a good effort specifically. Not only did I not find it, your in game activity and behavior, which I can normally overlook, has solidified my opinion.

Edit: Well, to even more solidify my -1, Huebone was apparently recently discord banned for instances of vile shitposting.
    Last edited by Survivor; 01-20-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Challade has had a ban placed on him on the discord for misogynistic behavior after I was informed that I was fine to ban for it.

I don't think the app is in a good shape to be accepted, and I don't think his behavior is acceptable. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    There are a few things I'd like to address about the application.

^

Why are you posting a screenshot of a shitpost from the shitpost channel shitpost?

And further on, most of your post is moot considering you stated that you've never seen me in a command role. You should know that a lower rank is less responsible for RP, not COMPLETELY freed of, but less.
    Clearly this is a personal ad hominin post.

You also have some assumptions that I play on low/med pop when I'm on at random intervals and my most common play time is when pop is 180. You're really mad that you failed a BE and got killed for it in that exact round. There was an admin and 8 mods on that round and none of them said a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerek View Post
    Challade has had a ban placed on him on the discord for misogynistic behavior after I was informed that I was fine to ban for it.

I don't think the app is in a good shape to be accepted, and I don't think his behavior is acceptable. -1
    Firstly, all of those are jokes within the shitposting channel, I have not had a single instance of "misogynistic" behavior outside of shitposting where there are racist jokes and "ageplay" jokes everywhere. I don't necessarily ONLY post there either. I post in the other channels, this "misogynistic" behavior is solely shitposting, also, what does this have to do AT ALL with the whitelist application?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huebone View Post

You also have some assumptions that I play on low/med pop when I'm on at random intervals and my most common play time is when pop is 180. You're really mad that you failed a BE and got killed for it in that exact round. There was an admin and 8 mods on that round and none of them said a thing.
    Another instance of you playing the blame game as I said in my post. You assume I was angry about failing a BE while paincrit. Have you stopped to think maybe why you were getting BE'd? Because you killed a dozen people. This is why we can not trust you in the CO position. Get your discord ban appealed, and prove yourself in game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to delete this post as it is probably not the best place to put an image of something he said like this in the discord. It was pretty vile
    Last edited by Survivor; 01-20-2019 at 07:46 AM.