User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Confirmed Contact roleplay standard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have similar ideas.

1. Streamline req, let marines buy shit from their own vendors, nobody gives a fuck how many gyros and BCs are in a round
    2. Limited stuff still goes in squad req and req like each squad gets N amount of AP mags (so like now)

Now we can use the time at the start of the round for MEANINGFUL interactions instead of repetitive busywork

3. First there would be a COMMAND briefing with CO, XO, LTs and SLs
    4. Then there would be SQUAD briefing where the SLs explain the orders

This way we get 2 meetings where roleplay is possible instead of the current briefing where chat scrolls at lightspeed and people just spam sounds.
    Some mapping is needed but not much.

5. Then the GENERAL briefing would happen with the usual CO stuff but you could just make a shorter and better speech instead of "uh.. bravo goes to the.. fob.."

I guess this could always happen in the hangar because you are "sending off the troops" then the briefing room could be repuroposed into 4 squad briefing rooms.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    TGMC just removed MPs and it's made no difference (because no one played them)

But also TGMC has the crazy concept that marines are expected to work towards the goals of their team and not against them, with OOC enforcement. If you start attacking other marines or stealing shit that hurts the team then you get bwoinked.

A lot of the 'need' for MPs in CM is that marines either don't get what they need and have to steal it or they get bored or they retaliate AGAINST PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTING IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE MARINES [see: command doing dumb stuff, MPs rules lawyering to soft grief, etc]
    That's the literal opposite of crazy. Wish we can have that. Pretty much every other tdm server out there worth its salt has a similar rule.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    That's the literal opposite of crazy. Wish we can have that. Pretty much every other tdm server out there worth its salt has a similar rule.
    As much I hate MPs and such... Mutiny and simillar things have its charm. BYOND as a whole doesn't have anything besides this mythical "charm". Rather nobody plays SS13/CM because its gameplay is so good etc. Its more about atmosphere and this explains why CM is popular and rest is rather not more than "standard" SS13 servers.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way mutiny should stay is in a dedicated mutiny gamemode, and regular rounds have no BEs or mutiny.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    snip
    It has 0 charm when its dedicated "mutiny" round. If command fucks up but not in LRP way then mutiny is just great. Nothing beats killing CO and MPs after benos whopped marine ass for Command incompetence, or general "a lot of you will die, but its sacriface I'm willing to make" attitude.
    BE also is something to have in mind when going against command in non LRP way.

Also admemes said that HvH gamemodes are no - no, so fortunatelly no way for it to happen. Phew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I have similar ideas.

1. Streamline req, let marines buy shit from their own vendors, nobody gives a fuck how many gyros and BCs are in a round
    2. Limited stuff still goes in squad req and req like each squad gets N amount of AP mags (so like now)

Now we can use the time at the start of the round for MEANINGFUL interactions instead of repetitive busywork
    I’d go so far as to say that all the attachments and magazines should have point costs in the individual marine vendors, that are less prohibitive than they currently are. Let a marine get his BC LS MH m39, with three AP clips, webbing of choice or shoulder holster (seriously, why doesn’t everyone just have this?) and whatever pouches they actually want. Knocking the price of the PFC kits down too would be nice if the PFC vendors are going to be the one-stop-shop for everything. Either that, or filling the kits a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    As much I hate MPs and such... Mutiny and simillar things have its charm. BYOND as a whole doesn't have anything besides this mythical "charm". Rather nobody plays SS13/CM because its gameplay is so good etc. Its more about atmosphere and this explains why CM is popular and rest is rather not more than "standard" SS13 servers.
    I regret to inform you friend but a lot , and I mean A LOT of people play CM because they unironically think TDM PVP 360noscope gameplay is good on the BYOND engine. They form the mass of ungas, specially deltards. Devs know this and it's why they never bother to do anything for the state of RP.

It's sad as shit but it's the truth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM is a TDM witha added extras
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    I regret to inform you friend but a lot , and I mean A LOT of people play CM because they unironically think TDM PVP 360noscope gameplay is good on the BYOND engine. They form the mass of ungas, specially deltards. Devs know this and it's why they never bother to do anything for the state of RP.

It's sad as shit but it's the truth.
    If so, then they are sad people. With the ammount of games that have way better gameplay than CM, but lack any "obstacles" like "IC" rules and such. Even in Alien universe you still have AvP games with great multiplayer, always balanced, nothing OP etc.

Hell, I even once played CS 1.6 on Alien mod server. And Predator mod server. Tons of fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh I dunno how I feel about removing MP's without a massive rework of RP rules and staff intervention first, but confirmed contact is the best move to make. Also I wish we had maps that gave more hive locations in different directions, so commanders would actually have to send scout squads out, and scouting wouldent just be a byword for charging, like imagine a spacenam map where marines drop into the middle of a jungle and xenos can be in any direction.

The biggest galaxy brain move for CM imo would be to make it objective based, make the queen an actual boss fight and make xenos much weaker overall but give them infinite respawns, with captures serving as a way to increase total xeno pop/unlock hive upgrades.
    Last edited by Dreven; 06-10-2020 at 07:36 AM.