User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - Hunk1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A duplicate report for the same issue was closed : //showthrea...f-Report-Hunk1

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    wall of text.
    Do you seriously think 8 xenos vs. 30/40 marines (in that push alone) would have resulted in a xeno win if it weren't for a humongous 9000 HP oppressor spawned in front of the push? You were literally trapped at the east caves, you had nowhere to run and you were going to get wiped.

Regardless, I'm only here to say that I observed the whole ordeal as a ghost. Marines weren't hugging cades, the xenos were hugging caves. It was more than uncalled for to give the xenos such a boost knowing that the round was about to end, despite the queen's best efforts to delay.

And just as a funny remark, when you were asked to launch instead of waiting 9 gorillion hours for the infected to burst, you said "QM is biased against us" ignoring the 101010100484839 tonne alien spawned in front of a decisive attack for no apparent reason. Hahah.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kot View Post
    Do you seriously think 8 xenos vs. 30/40 marines (in that push alone) would have resulted in a xeno win if it weren't for a humongous 9000 HP oppressor spawned in front of the push? You were literally trapped at the east caves, you had nowhere to run and you were going to get wiped.

Regardless, I'm only here to say that I observed the whole ordeal as a ghost. Marines weren't hugging cades, the xenos were hugging caves. It was more than uncalled for to give the xenos such a boost knowing that the round was about to end, despite the queen's best efforts to delay.

And just as a funny remark, when you were asked to launch instead of waiting 9 gorillion hours for the infected to burst, you said "QM is biased against us" ignoring the 101010100484839 tonne alien spawned in front of a decisive attack for no apparent reason. Hahah.
    When the Prae was spawned there were 20 xenos. There were 8 xenos left when the first hive was destroyed and then we made a comeback as you would know if you read what I said. And no, I didn't want to delay launch to wait for hosts to burst, I wanted to wait because we had almost 20 T1s and I hadn't been Ovi'd for over 20 minutes, so I wanted more time for the hive to grow, but when I asked staff to speed up the growth for my xenos so I could launch with a somewhat aged 24 xenos, they told me no and to just launch because there were 81 observers. So I jockingly said that QM was biased against us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    When the Prae was spawned there were 20 xenos. There were 8 xenos left when the first hive was destroyed and then we made a comeback as you would know if you read what I said. And no, I didn't want to delay launch to wait for hosts to burst, I wanted to wait because we had almost 20 T1s and I hadn't been Ovi'd for over 20 minutes, so I wanted more time for the hive to grow, but when I asked staff to speed up the growth for my xenos so I could launch with a somewhat aged 24 xenos, they told me no and to just launch because there were 81 observers. So I jockingly said that QM was biased against us.
    No, marines were literally at hive because duting your 'skirmishing' all T3's had died, the only mature xenos out of the ~10 was a burrower and carrier. Plus your just being an ass by saying yeah we would have won anyway. Marines were, more than likely, going to wipe the hive, yes there is the possibility that they didn't and you sat back in caves but the main issue is that the very people who tried to stop a stalemate where the ones that got shafted by the prae being spawned. Also, without being petty, your shipside performance that round indicates to me that marines killing your hive at eastern caves was even MORE likely because after marines died to the prae and your 12 captures were secured you still lost the shipside fight, so please don't try the 'we were gonnna win anyway' because when you had an even GREATER advantage than you did at eastern caves you lost horribly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can indeed verify as a ghost during this round that marines were pushing balls deep into the caves and definitely not "cadehugging". Moreover, the correct response that has been proven to work against "cadehugging" is the AA boiler which was pretty much near-universally liked when it was done for the first time on a Trijent round.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to remind everyone to avoid bickering. Please provide facts only, and avoid commentary.

For example:
    "I can indeed verify as a ghost during this round that marines were pushing balls deep into the caves and definitely not "cadehugging"."

This is a useful response, as it contributes information to the report and what was going on.

"Moreover, the correct response that has been proven to work against "cadehugging" is the AA boiler which was pretty much near-universally liked when it was done for the first time on a Trijent round."

This is just opinion, and not overly helpful.

Thank you.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a part of the push and despite the lack of skilled marines the xenos were being pushed back and dying, then suddenly godzilla appears. I personally flamed the giga prae, put some l42 rounds in it and PB'd it 3 times which took 10-20% of its health. So ofc the marine push which could have totally been successful fell back because the prae was a super tank, thereby extending the round by like 30-60 minutes. I don't get the logic behind it, hence the valid report ofc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! I played SO that round from start to finish. Would like to back up the XO's statement and add some details.

After the push and attempted flank at Central Caves got countered by the Xenos, CIC ordered a retreat to Hydro to atleast consolidate and atleast bring back some bodies for Defcon points. The idea for the moment was to gather enough for a Nuke since we were at 90-92%. Not only that but we also needed time to reorganize, heal, and resupply whatever we had left at Hydro. This took time as the XO had to handle REQ with the help of the SEA and CIC had to decide who to give out the Spec Kits to whoever wanted or was qualified to use it (not to mention reign in some Ungas who kept going out to skirmish with the Xenos at Tfort/Containers).

At the same time CIC staff was debating whether or not to Evac, stay defensive for the Nuke or attack again with the 30+ Marines we had on the ground.

Fortunately the Ungas kept pushing and as testament to their unganess, the skirmish turned into a full blown push and CIC decided to roll with it.

Push was going well to believe we were gonna win when a new Xeno appeared, nicknamed 'Godzilla' by the Marines, and began to counter the push into East Caves. I believe this monstrous being ate everything it was thrown at. Standard and AP rounds of every caliber, dirty underwear, even ate an OB when the line was pushed to Hydro and eventual Evac.

So....IMHO, if Godzilla did not appear I believe the round would had ended a lot sooner. On the other hand, I did enjoy the round, and was thoroughly surprised Marines won despite everything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So mangement and I have spoken about this.

Admins should not be spawning in overpowered xenos/humans/creatures unless it's a major event. If a stalemate legtimately takes place and both sides are trying to fight, admins should not be getting involved unless it is at the point that the stalemate cannot be broken. At that point the side that was winning legtimately should be shown some "love" and a marine ERT can be dispatched, or some more larva can be spawned. Admins can intervene as events to change things up such as spawning cave ins, extra walls, changing the map around, speeding up DEFCON, etc...

Admins should be using queen mother or high command communications first, or maybe spawning some extra guns for marines, giving one side that probably has a chance to win a little bit more love in the form of reinforcements. But no overpowered creatures shouldn't be used, unless it's an actual EVENT in the form of a major event. Recoloring and renaming a xeno for good play skills is fine, not editing stats.

Hunk1 meant well, and we've decided him and the admin team will be reminded of this.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 06-21-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids