Epic_Charger - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Epic_Charger

Marine Name
    Linda Clarik (Synthetic: Sandra)

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Erehj Thar'n

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Alarms blared as warnings flashed in alien languages all over the holographic monitors. Erehj Kor, a recent young blooded predator was in a hunt, the only difference was, he was the one being hunted on this day. Regretfully he made a mistake in ignorance and impatience which violated the very code that held up his race's society; the honor code. And for his crimes he was hunted by his own kin; he along with others fled their home on a stolen predator ship. He didn't know the stories behind the others, but there were three. He didn't know their names, all he knew was that they were the same as him, the hunted. But their time for running was at an end.

The ship had taken a concentrated plasma blast to the Aft engines, entirely disabling them. Their ship was beginning to plummet to the outer rim planet below. Quick scans were performed in the last moments of flight to see what would face them below. It seemed to be a human research facility that already had problems of its own. Serpents or Xenomorphs, whichever you are more common with, had managed to escaped captivity from their research containments. Their ship was not anywhere near a collision course with the colony below, but it would provide the perfect distraction to attempt to hide from their hunters. The four outcasts rushed to the teleporter and beamed down to the surface in various locations as their ship plummeted to its fate.

The colony's surface was made up of red sand, perhaps even dust given how fine it was. Various human buildings dotted about the colony, most looked damaged or broken into, either by looters or the serpents. Erehj was separated from his fellow bad blood, he didn't dare to use the vox caster, as their hunters were already in the vicinity, and likely already linked into their communications. The young blood took note of his surroundings for a bit before deciding to set up a basic lodge inside the cave systems. He scouted the caves for a bit to find a suitable location, before eventually settling in the caves nearby the local human prison. It took a bit of hunting, but he collected supplies, and set up a basic feasting area and resting area, along with storage. He was unsure how long he'd be stranded here, and given the alternative of being found, he'd rather prepare for a long camp out. Luckily for Erehj, the serpents were a bit sloppy in their capturing for a dead prisoner was still present inside the prison, and hadn't gone bad yet. He jumped through the broken window that the serpents must have entered from and collected the body. With ease, the Yautja tossed the smaller human over his shoulder before jousting himself back out of the window.

As Erehj prepared his feast, he heard plenty of chatter over his caster. Talk of some of the bad blood having been slain, two already. It was only him and one other. He would worry about the hunt after eating, as it had been some days since his last meal after fleeing. Carefully using his wrist blades, he slashed through the flesh of the dead body and collected the desired meats. Raw meat was enough to keep him sated for now, and after his feast, he set out. But it wasn't just the colony, the serpents, and the hunters anymore. His wrist scanner beeped, registering far more contacts than there were previously, as well as a human ship in orbit. It seems help had arrived for the colony. This was good for Erehj, it would provide a distraction for those hunting him.

Lying in wait, ensuring the battle continued to the best of his ability without directly interfering. While he did violate the code previously, he was not about to forsake it entirely. For the most part, he simply watched, until he came across something peculiar. A human dressed much like a doctor was out on their own, but something was different about this one. Their heat signals were different, further scans showed their vitals were not human at all. The being wasn't human, they were synthetic. Erehj's curiosity got the best of him. He reached to activate his translator but found it had been damaged and was no longer operational. Before he could do much more, the metal man spoke. "Unidentified Contact; please identify." The Yautja clicked quietly to himself as he tilted his head to examine the being more, "You are not ooman. What are you?" He asked in his native tongue, though expected very little in response. The synthetic mimicked the tilting of their head before speaking, "Unrecognized language detected. Processing. Repeating request: Identify yourself please." The metal human spoke in an incredibly calm manner as if he was unphased about being caught alone, yet Erehj could see no weapons on him. How could one be so confident when so disadvantaged? Erehj opted to amuse the being with a response, "I am Erehj Kor." Much to his surprise, the synthetic repeated not in English, but in a familiar clicking dialect, "Erehj Kor." As it would for most any Yautja, it surprised Erehj. "You speak this language?" The synthetic in response mimicked a bit more of the dialect before speaking in the native tongue, "Yes." But before Erehj could ask more, the synthetic spoke in English, "What are you?" This amused Erehj a bit, enough to get a clicking laugh out of him mixed with his broken translator. "I am Yautja." The synthetic nodded before repeating the name of their race. "Yautja." The synthetic man paused for a bit before asking a second question, "Why are you here?" Erehj was swiftly reminded of his current status at this comment.

As he was about to answer, the serpents plaguing the colony arrived. It looked like their group was mostly building castes, but a few looked to be fighters as well. None of them dared to engage Erehj or the Synthetic. The synthetic took note of this, "They do not attack you." The Yautja glanced back up towards the synthetic before nodding, "Most of them are not fighters, they also know what I am, and it seems they know what you are as well, metal ooman." The Synthetic had taken the chance to glance towards the hissing serpents that encircled them but quickly returned his focus to the predator. "You never answered my other question." Erehj clicked for a moment or two before speaking once more, "I am fleeing, I am being hunted by others of my kind. And your conflict between the serpents is an opportunity to hide. You needn�t know more. Just do not get in my way." He waved a hand dismissively, apparently to instruct the synthetic to leave before the serpents decided to get curious. It didn't take a second warning for him to leave, soon Erehj was left alone with the few aliens encircling him. He was not here for a hunt, at least not now. His lifted his wrist bracer and tapped a few buttons before fading to near invisible. He took the chance of the serpent's confusion to leave.

Erehj was headed back to his lodge when the caster spoke out again, this time, from one of his hunters. It didn't seem they were speaking to him specifically, but he heard enough. They called the other bad blood to the chapel, for a chance of redemption. His best chance was to head there as well. He arrived a bit late, just in time to witness the confrontation between the hunters, and the other bad blood. A pacifist, at least that is what the hunted claimed they were. They threw aside Paya's training for a life of, what, inaction? Erehj couldn't comprehend the idea himself, but before much could be said, the pacifist stated they were not asking for the approval of the hunters to live the way they were, before simply cloaking and fleeing. The Elder of the three remaining predators nodded to one of them, who then gave chase. It was once that was all handled that the attention was brought to Erehj.

�You, step forward.� The Elder rumbled from under his mask. Erehj let out a few slow clicks before cautiously stepping forward; after all, he was facing his would-be hunter. Xenomorph resin had grown across the walls of the once proud and cultured chapel. Inbetween the alien weeds was the occasional wall decor or painting of human religious leaders. Erehj�s wandering eyes were brought back to the elder at the sound of cracking wood. The larger predator used their war scythe to slice through the hardened resin on the flooring. Once the area was mostly cleared, he returned his gaze up towards Erehj. �Tell me young blood, why have you come here?� Erehj was hesitant for a moment or so before responding, �To speak, as those I fled with are already gone, or have resorted to such themselves.� The Elder slowly nodded before continuing his questioning, �What is your name?� Erehj let out a slight huffing sound, more of a loud click than anything else, �You do not know the name of the one you hunt? Mmm� I am Erehj Kor. And who, are you?� The younger predator still kept a prepared stance due to the high tensions.

Before further questioning could be issued, the hunter sent out earlier returned through the damaged steel wall. In the hunter�s hands was the head of the pacifist, an expected fate given their beliefs. Glowing green blood oozed from the decapitated head before the hunter tossed it unceremoniously upon the chapel�s podium. The Elder did not bother acknowledging the thud behind him, as he already knew full well what the cause of it was. With no further interruptions, the Elder spoke again, �I am Councilor Pa�thun of Clan Thar�n. And your only chance of leaving this planet alive.� As he spoke, the hunter he sent out earlier returned to his left-hand side where they were positioned before. Erehj glanced between the three predators, it was true, he would have no way to possibly fight them all off, and as the pacifist proved, escape was unlikely. �Very well�� Rumbled the lone Yautja as he returned his gaze to Pa�thun.

The next question caused Erehj to wince slightly at the memory, �Tell me, Erehj Kor, what did you do to violate our honor code, the code that defines our very people?� A few moments of silence lingered before Erehj responded, �I killed a weak and sick ooman warlord.� Almost instantly the Elder responded, �Did you violate the honor code intentionally?� Erehj jerked his head up at this question, �No, I simply could not wait any longer. I� I disappoint myself for my actions, as they proved irrational.� Pa�thun nodded slowly as the other two predator guards kept watch for any interlopers. �Tell me young one, why did you kill this �warlord�?� The young blood let out a few displeased clicks before recounting the events, �I had heard the tale about the prowess of this warlord, of his great feats in battle. I wished for the chance to take on such, to earn the honor that would come with it.� He paused for a moment before emitting a growling click before proceeding to stab his blade down into the resin-covered wooden floor below. �When I had finally tracked him down, after exhausting so many resources and so much time to find him, only to locate him in an ooman infirmary of all locations�� He tightens his fist around the hilt of his blade and stared at the ground, �I lost my focus�� The Elder wordlessly listened to the story for some time before speaking up once again, �Why did you not simply stalk your prey as they recuperated, and recovered?� Erehj returned his gaze upon the Councilor before him, �I could not, Elder. In my impatience and annoyance, I demanded the warlord to stand. He did, not very well, but he did. We fought� he died pathetically. And at that point, I realized there was no honor to be gained. But by then, it was too late. And now, we are here.�

Silence lingered for a short time before the Elder clicked quietly and nodded, �Listen here young blood. I offer you a chance at redemption, one that will only be offered this once, and if you violate it, the consequences will prove severe.� Erehj straightened his stance as he took interest in Pa�thun�s words. �You will redeem yourself through retraining, but it will not be easy. It will test both your abilities and your resolve. Do you accept?� The young Yautja gave a quick nod and response, �Yes, Councilor. Just tell me what I must do.� The Elder nodded in return before thumping the bottom of his war staff to the cleared out portion of flooring in front of him, �Kneel before me, young blood. And remove your mask.� Erehj stepped forward to look the Elder mask-to-mask before kneeling as requested. He lifted his hands up to disconnect the atmospheric regulator from his suit and mask, before pulling it off to reveal his face. Pa�thun placed the war scythe on the chapel podium behind him, with the blade encircled around the decapitated head of their earlier claim. He returned his gaze to the kneeling bad blood before him, �You shall become an Adjuctator Disciple under the Thar�n Clan. If you stray from your trails even for a moment, you will be obliterated by an orbital plasma eradication beam from the ship you will be assigned to. During your trials, you will move with them as they hunt, and may participate in the hunts yourself as well; however, you will be assigned an additional task to prove your loyalty and reform. On your travels, you will hunt those that have strayed from the path much like your previous �allies�. You will bring the heads of seven deviants to me, or you will die. Alive or dead, it makes no difference to me.� Pa�thun spoke in a calm fashion, but with enough sternness to it to make his intentions clear. �The ship will be your only method of transportation, and any attempts to flee will be met with the same fate. These are the terms you will follow, young blood. Will you take this chance to redeem yourself, to once more call yourself Yautja?�

Erehj Kor stood back up at attention, with his mask tucked under his right arm. Without hesitation he spoke, �I accept these terms, Elder Pa�thun Thar�n.� The older Yaujta nodded in approval, �Then it is time for you to pick the gods you shall follow under your new name. Will you pick, or shall I pick for you?� Erehj hesitated for a moment, but before he responded, the Elder spoke again. �I recommend you follow Gor�tekia and Mor�ketia. A pair of Demi-gods, to represent both Justice and Honor. It would be fitting for your new tasks.� The younger predator could not argue with his superior�s logic, and as such, accepted with a soft click and a nod. �Good, then repeat after me young blood. Brother, Teer, you two should join as well.� The other two predators that had been standing guard returned their focus to the Councilor in preparation for their prayers. �By Paya, I rechoose my ways, by Paya, I walk once more in your light, by Paya, I reunite with your grace.� The others followed in a replica of the prayer. �Gor�Tekai, Mor�Tekai, your justice, bring me strength. Your honor, bring me wisdom. Combined, Gor�Tekai and Mor�ketia, bring me unity, and reform.� Their combined voices echoed through the battle-torn chapel. Pa�thun lifted his head to look at Erehj once more, �It is time for you to complete the ritual. Gather your own blood, paint your handprint upon your face.� Erehj lifted his head as he listened to his elder before reaching into his hunting pouch. Carefully he removed a ceremonial dagger, one he had since his initial trials. He lifted his other hand and grabbed ahold of the blade before giving a sharp tug. He clenches his hand, causing the glowing green blood to drip from the wound, as well as to cover his fingers in the blood. Once enough had pooled, he opened his palm and placed it firmly to his forehead to imprint his handprint in blood. The ritual was complete, his new life had begun.

�And now, by my right as Clan Councilor, I name you Erehj of Clan Thar�n. Your trials will begin when we get back to the ship young one. Do not disappoint us.� Pa�thun turned around and picked up his scythe with one hand, and the decapitated head with his other free hand, �Brothers, we return to the ship.� He spoke before lifting his arm up, �One of you move the new blood up with you, I will see you all again shortly.� One of the other two began to dial on their own wrist pad, while the one to the right placed a hand on Erehj�s shoulder. They shimmered briefly, before being transported up to the ship where Erehj�s new life would begin.

How do you intend to play your predator?
    As most predators are played. Most of it will be watching both sides to find a worthy target. Preferably one that will not make too much impact on the game by distracting them. I would like to use mercy a bit more and take trophies that would leave the prey alive if possible. Simply because I know it's more enjoyable (At least for me) to not be knocked out of the round, and instead get to keep playing after a bit of RP with a Predator.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I have been white-listed as a Captain and Synthetic for awhile now. I play Synthetic far more than I do captain, but I like to think in the time I have played it, I've proven I am capable of following strict guidelines.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To note, the person's back story is inspired by a bad blood round - one where had roleplayed quite well in, for much longer than any of us had expected. Not once did they get impatient and force themselves into combat.

Secondly. While the story in the current lore would be questionable, a bad blood being reentered to Yaujta society, there are lore amendments being made to make sense of this, and these were in development before this story was made, not after. The council already knows of these changes, and while this might have been posted early we can over look that.

Last, but not least, I'm definitely going to end up being biased here. Back in the day, I repeatedly pushed Epic_Charger to apply for synth, and now in this case - predator. Given their level of roleplay and patience shown as a bad blood, where neither was required, I think they'd be beyond a great predator.

The story was good, decent. It didn't focus on combat, and that I can appreciate. The ending was just lacklustre, it just stopped - but that doesn't ruin the entire thing.

I'm going to give a +1, if only because I know Epic Charger is a great roleplayer, they're a patient person, and have shown the ability to play Predator without massively fucking up the round.
    Last edited by Banned User ID63; 01-22-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Quality app and shown to be trusted in other whitelisted roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    To note, the person's back story is inspired by a bad blood round - one where had roleplayed quite well in, for much longer than any of us had expected. Not once did they get impatient and force themselves into combat.

Secondly. While the story in the current lore would be questionable, a bad blood being reentered to Yaujta society, there are lore amendments being made to make sense of this, and these were in development before this story was made, not after. The council already knows of these changes, and while this might have been posted early we can over look that.

Last, but not least, I'm definitely going to end up being biased here. Back in the day, I repeatedly pushed Epic_Charger to apply for synth, and now in this case - predator. Given their level of roleplay and patience shown as a bad blood, where neither was required, I think they'd be beyond a great predator.

The story was good, decent. It didn't focus on combat, and that I can appreciate. The ending was just lacklustre, it just stopped - but that doesn't ruin the entire thing.

I'm going to give a +1, if only because I know Epic Charger is a great roleplayer, they're a patient person, and have shown the ability to play Predator without massively fucking up the round.
    this +1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Nothing to add.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good application, and I know you're up to the task.

I like what you've done here. +1
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app.
    Good player.
    Good clan choice.

+1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recognize the player, and I assure that he is reliable and prepared to be whitelisted. Good clan choice 2x.

+1 I hope to see you soon at the hunting grounds.
    Man'sur, Cetanu's Al'nagara| Pedro 'Nescau' Heering

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope to see you in the Teer clan soon. +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goddamn Thar'ns

+1