User Tag List

Thread: HBlokkum - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBlokkum - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    swagbag
    Character Name?
    Samantha Rigga
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing Discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Emergency Response Team
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    Perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    Attorney-Client Privelege
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Attorney-Client Privelege
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    "Banned from Emergency Response Team - **JobBan** - For, from what I could gather, wordlessly attacked a marine twice with a stun baton on harm intent without a word while in a research generated ERT from W-Y, proceeded to splash acid on the person. Not only less minute later did they point blank a doctor. This all happened shipside before hijack. Disconnected before they could be contacted."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Good afternoon presiding administration staff.

Please see the attached power of attorney.

*sets down briefcase*

LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, That I, Samantha Rigga, of the U.S.S. Almayer, have made, constituted, and appointed, and by these presents do hereby make, constitute and appoint, HAWKINGTON 'RULES LAWYER' BLOKKUMSWORTH of the U.S.S. Almayer my true and lawful attorney in-fact for me and in my name, place and stead, and for my use and the benefit on behalf of W-Y CORPORATION RESEARCH DIVISION, to execute any and all documents and due processes necessary for my legal benefit.

GIVING AND GRANTING unto my said attorney in-fact full power and authority to do and perform all and every act and thing whatsoever requisite and necessary to be done in and about the premises, as fully to all intents, interests, and purposes as I might or could do if I were personally present, with full power of substitution and revocation, hereby ratifying and confirming all that my said attorney in-fact shall lawfully do or cause to be done by virtue of these presents.

This limited power of attorney expires Saturday July 30th, 2147.

Dated July 21st, 2147.

Samantha Rigga
    Samantha Rigga

UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES COURT
    WESTERN MILKY WAY QUADRANT
    LV-624

PLAINTIFF(s)
    The Administration of Space Station Thirteen, Colonial Marines (Collectively Referred to as "The Staff")

v.

DEFENDANT(s)
    Samantha Rigga
    W-Y CORPORATION RESEARCH DIVISION
    Hawkington 'Rules Lawyer' Blokkumsworth

This matter comes before the forum on Defendant Samantha Rigga motion for Summary Judgement. Dkt. #43 Plaintiff(s) "The Staff". The court has determined that it can rule on this Motion without oral argument. For the reasons stated below, the Colonial Court GRANTS this Motion. Summary judgement is appropriate where "the movant shows that there is no genuine dispute as to any material fact and the movant is entitled to judgement as a matter of law." Col. R. Civ. C. 55(b); Broden Corporations v. Almayer Energy Production 324 U.S.C.M 447, 284 (2144). Material facts are those which might affect the outcome of the suit under governing law. Broden Corporation, 441 U.S.C.M at 442. In ruling on summary judgement, a court does not weigh evidence to determine the truth of the matter, but "only determine[s] whether there is a genuine issue for trial." Orlando v. Sulaco 29 D.3f 588, 590 (9th Cir. 2143) (citing DeepRock Mining v. Yutani Enterprise, 944 F:3e 557, 560 (8th Cir. 2137)).

On a motion for summary judgement, the court views the evidence and draws inferences in the light most favorable to the non-moving party.

As we are still within the discovery phase of this case, I would like to remind the staff that my client has the right to a speedy trial. This furthers the interests of the public of the US Almayer by achieving a resolution in a fair, accurate, and timely manner to ensure the effective utilization of resources aboard this spacefaring vessel. This case shall thereby proceed into the trial stage by no later than July 22nd, 2020, with a resolution date of July 24th, 2020.

This is in accordance with Standards 12-1.1 to 12-4.5.

There is sufficient bodycam footage to prove that this was all a fabrication by the presiding moderator to slander my client, and thereby remove his access to The Emergency Response Team. This is declared an actionable offense.

Furthermore, my client only gently prodded the doctor in question once when he was unresponsive, and accidentally spilled cryoxadone mistakenly referred to by the unknown moderator as "acid".

During this accidental spill, the doctor then threatened my client with deadly force. Seeing as how Ms. Rigga is a corporate officer from the research divison of Weyland Yutani, and they were aboard the U.S.S. Almayer which was created due to a generous grant from the W-Y Foundation, Ms. Rigga was therefore on her own property and under Castle Doctrine has the right to defend her life with a reasonable amount of force.

In all fairness, I would ask that the administration grant my client the option to rejoin the Emergency Response Team immediately. as you sift through the various logs that will no doubt prove her innocence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look Hawkke,

As much as I understand this is harmless and hilarious. This not the place to do it, we have procedures and rules for a reason. If I let you make a high effort shitpost, I have to let everyone make high effort shitposts in what is a serious and somewhat time consuming duties for the admins to discuss.

If you want to make these hilarious shitposts, by all means do it in Acidgoop not in unban appeals and whitelist applications. If swagbag wants to be unbanned, he has to do his own appeal.

I'm going to give you the courtesy of removing your point ban and give you a final warning to keep it in Acid Goop. Everyone understands you're a class clown and it's harmless, but consider this the final ultimatum dude. If it happens again, you're going to get permabanned from the forums.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 07-22-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids