User Tag List

Thread: Total_Epicness - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total_Epicness - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Total_Epicness5
    Character Name?
    Ben 'Bengus' Gusman
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing Discord ban include the #)
    Epicness#9890
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    n/a
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Fulpstation, /tg/ station, Baystation 13, Corpmercs, TGMC (rarely),
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Besides CM bans which you can pull with logs, a handful of times on /tg/ for greytiding a couple months ago, All bans on TG were no more than a day.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    n/a
    Reason for Ban
    "You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: You will get a permaban from the Discord for NSFW talk and 18+ Stuff in #deleted-channel. You can appeal the ban on the Forums. The Mentor Overseer will also be notified of this."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Here's my second try at an appeal. My first one was ,admittedly, half-assed and I wasn't surprised at all at the subsequent denial of it. Now it has been almost 3 months after my discord ban and being pretty much disconnected from the CM community. I got banned simply because I violated the 18+ rule on something I said, even though I regretted it and deleted it. However, 'regretting it and deleting it' is not an excuse at all as people still saw it in the discord and read. I have failed to take caution sending in something risky when I have been warned numerous times in the past and is lucky to have not been banned earlier. I apologise for both my crappy appeal and my behavior on discord as it is a clear violation of the rules of the server and the community.

I am simply asking you to unban me because I want back into the main CM community. I played CM sparingly during my ban due to the how being removed from the discord, removed a large part of my personal experience in the community and the game itself. I loved to chat with others after games, argue about mechanics, shitpost, knowing why the other team lost, knowing the drama of the round and share stories of what I did in a specific round as well as see it from other perspectives, and those factors is what I belive is a key part to why having discord access is an integral part of the CM community. Sure I can play the game just fine, I am only banned on the discord, not the game. However it is just missing that one aspect that turns me off from CM. Furthermore, I belive playing the game is very different from experiencing it. I can play it right now, but I can't really experience CM-SS13 to its fullest extent due to the missing factors listed above. In addition, I am unable to keep up with current admin rulings in a convenient manner and am afraid of getting banned simple because I did something that the admins warned about on discord. Furthermore I am also unable to keep updated on development of CM and therefore lack knowledge of the newest features aswell as don't know what the devs plan for CM's future.

I don't expect to get unbanned, but I will just end this long-winded and hopefully well written good appeal with one last sentence. I only ask to have the majority of my experience and enjoyment playing CM with the community to be restored to its fullest extend possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadline for this is set August the 1st.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay on this.

Its being lifted.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer