User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for the Cultists.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds nice if it doesn't happen too often once it becomes a non-event thing, maybe like 20% chance of a cult leader spawning? I would honestly like more shipside antags like a UPP spy for example.

I do have one concern though, are there any countermeasures for people who let themselves be converted intentionally? Do note it's possible to do it intentionally without being too obvious

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post
    Swag, I snook on the drop ship the first test round. It's not hard.

Turrets do not shoot survivors
    not when cultists become a regular thing

no one gives a shit about survivors right now because they can't be hostile by OOC rules

but back when survivors could be hostile at first contact, marines were a lot more cautious with them

if cultists become a mainstay, you better believe marines will be pointing guns and PO's that aren't completely bald will start checking their passengers once in a while; i know thats how it worked back when hostile survivors become more and more popular as some bored marine mains decided to become survivor mains and use survivor as HvH Lite

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If cultists are in the round, benos need massive nerf, or marines massive buffs/help/ERT. Why? Because Cultists have free regin to PB corpses. Not a single beno (outside Queen, but with long cooldown) can intentionally permakill a marine and the game is balanced around that.
    It takes only one lonely cultist with buckshot shotgun on the beno backlines to PB every single dead marine couple of times. Thats a massive boost in strenght for benos. Even one guy on beno side fucks up everything.
    You can't just put them into the round and give marines something when they kill them all, as its quite impossible when they hide behind benos.
    I would also argue, they shouldn't see in darkness all the time. Maybe give them ability to see for like 10 seconds and then minute cooldown.
    All the HvH issues apply to cultists as well. Scopes and shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cultists do not see in the dark, they need lights like any other marine. There will probably be rules not to cause people to be unrevivable such as Pbing the corpses so they become heart broken. if they do decide to be on the backlines and PB corpses, they still need their robes on however we are thinking of making it so the hive can choose if they want cultists or not. And what they choose depends on what they get so in the future they will probably get nerfs.

Now HvH issues are getting looked at but it is hard to balance.

Oh and the Cultists won't always be from the normal hive so it won't always be buffing the regular xenos since they will be fighting both sides.

Swag - If they check the survivors for cults, thats fine by me. They just prevented a cult sneaking on. But thats why it is also possible that Shipside roles might be able to become cultists as well at a random chance so it all depends.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    Sounds nice if it doesn't happen too often once it becomes a non-event thing, maybe like 20% chance of a cult leader spawning? I would honestly like more shipside antags like a UPP spy for example.

I do have one concern though, are there any countermeasures for people who let themselves be converted intentionally? Do note it's possible to do it intentionally without being too obvious
    Like on any other server, if they are clearly just getting converted intentionally, staff will step in.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cults are a really nice idea. CM may have antags in the form of Yautja who mess with both sides, but having more marine antag events, especially those that liven up shipside, seems really nice. It's the main thing CM seems to be missing compared to all other SS13 offshots, and it always kinda baffled me that there was nothing like vanilla antags around.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is cult being planned as something you can ICly know about?

Obviously, we ICly know about the existence of Xenomorphs, but do we ICly know the existence of the cults?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, we ICly know about the existence of Xenomorphs, but do we ICly know the existence of the cults?
    I hope not. That would probably end with MPs constantly checking what everyone on the ship is doing, not letting anything fun happen because of the cult. Or marines just shooting survivors because "He was a cultist probably, anyway."
    Maybe the CL would know, or suspect? Seems like a thing WY would be aware of.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    I hope not. That would probably end with MPs constantly checking what everyone on the ship is doing, not letting anything fun happen because of the cult. Or marines just shooting survivors because "He was a cultist probably, anyway."
    Maybe the CL would know, or suspect? Seems like a thing WY would be aware of.
    All of that could be just a rule to not to. No matter your reasoning, you are not allowed to shoot Survivors, no matter your reasoning, you are not allowed to constantly nag shipside crew as MP. Atleast MPs would have something to do and if cults really erupts Shipside, they would be solely to blame and I'm fine with that. Right now, cultists shipside are unopposed, because MPs look for marine arrest, players who can't do jack shit about them, because muh OOC protection. Cultist for a standard MP main is extremely dangerous. Nobody robust goes to play MP. Without the tazer and flashbang, they are a pieces of shit who wouldn't get any shit done. Hell, over the years both I witnessed and did many acts of dodging tazer shoots. Thats why they made them go trough windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of that could be just a rule to not to. No matter your reasoning, you are not allowed to shoot Survivors, no matter your reasoning, you are not allowed to constantly nag shipside crew as MP. Atleast MPs would have something to do and if cults really erupts Shipside, they would be solely to blame and I'm fine with that. Right now, cultists shipside are unopposed, because MPs look for marine arrest, players who can't do jack shit about them, because muh OOC protection. Cultist for a standard MP main is extremely dangerous. Nobody robust goes to play MP. Without the tazer and flashbang, they are a pieces of shit who wouldn't get any shit done. Hell, over the years both I witnessed and did many acts of dodging tazer shoots. Thats why they made them go trough windows.
    I guess that could be how it goes too. It kinda depends on how much admins crack down on that sort of stuff. The mp problem might happen occasionally, there are some real shitters there. And having to 'find out' that a xeno cult exists would probably get tiring after a while, or depending on how frequent those rounds are gonna be.
    Also, yeah, tasers are weirdly easy to dodge.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor