User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Macros

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What RP freedom have marines, but xenos don't? You can meme, you can have personality, you can do whatever and your beno character knows everything thanks to magical "Hive Mind".[/QUOTE]

Cant scream reeeee, beno is no fun anymore. Only worth it to use my cool roar/hiss/growl macros
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    What RP freedom have marines, but xenos don't? You can meme, you can have personality, you can do whatever and your beno character knows everything thanks to magical "Hive Mind".

Cant scream reeeee, beno is no fun anymore. Only worth it to use my cool roar/hiss/growl macros
    I'm pretty sure I saw a lot "Reeing" in Hive Mind, but admemes fight with it. Even as a marine, "Reee" is just clear example of net-speak, so you will be busted too.
    If screeching what Pepe would in 2D spessman is fun, then I don't know what isn't.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine comparing having to reload a gun to having to switch between abilities that were obviously designed to be used in tandem but are made mechanically hard as fuck to use in tandem. Seriously if you dont want a warrior to fling then punch someone why do they have fling and punch. Makes no sense. Like with the new warrior strain, good luck punching someone then getting a jab off to refresh the punch before its already off cooldown anyways. Retarded game design.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    So you judge marines for something you "think" they might have, instead of knowing it for sure? One click reload was possible long time ago, but it was disabled. ".click" was disabled also. You can't macro taking ammo out of rig. That would take something like "auto-clicker", program outside BYOND, something that isn't allowed and could be used for beno macros aswell.

Are you talking that clicking tiny icon after each shotgun shot isn't crippling? What benos have simillar to this? Do they have to macro "pump-spit" after every neuro? I don't think so. You are just complaining about things that marines have, while not taking into consideration that benos posses far superior mechanics without "quirks" and "gimmicks".

How much what do you play doesn't show what do you main. Mindset show what do you main and I can spot quite a lot of quirks of a xeno main.

What RP freedom have marines, but xenos don't? You can meme, you can have personality, you can do whatever and your beno character knows everything thanks to magical "Hive Mind".
    ICly xenos should have an easier time using their abilities, they are biologically built to use them.

Marines on the other hand are using weapons, artificial constructs strapped onto them, it should be harder to use.

Xeno RP is limited to capture, kill or ignore, which is boring as fuck. If you do anything else you risk a ban.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    ICly xenos should have an easier time using their abilities, they are biologically built to use them.

Marines on the other hand are using weapons, artificial constructs strapped onto them, it should be harder to use.

Xeno RP is limited to capture, kill or ignore, which is boring as fuck. If you do anything else you risk a ban.
    This is so ridiculous in terms of SS13 mechanics that I will leave it for beno clouded mind to figure out what exactly. My and anybody else comment is redundant.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so ridiculous in terms of SS13 mechanics that I will leave it for beno clouded mind to figure out what exactly. My and anybody else comment is redundant.
    Simples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what's trying to be said here is:

What's harder to do? Belch or accurately hit a target with a firearm?

The gun is, obviously, because it's something we have to learn. Belching comes naturally. The point being stated is that natural abilities should be easy to use, rather than those that are learned, such as wielding a fire-arm. Is it easier to reach out and punch something, or is it easier to aim down the sight of a rifle and accurately hit a target? Hopefully you're getting the point.

I'm not saying that I agree with everything being said here. Yes, a lot of it boils down to game mechanic balancing. However, certain natural, biological and physiological actions of the Xenos SHOULD be made easy to use, like switching resin types for building, or switching attack types for a Hunter. That's not like loading a shotgun and pumping it. That's as simple as thinking: Oh. Maybe I should punch this guy once, jab him quick, and then pounce on him, - and then doing it. It's a natural reflex.

And honestly, if someone can't macro a shotgun pump with a gaming mouse or fingers on the arrow-keys next to the numberpad...then what are they doing playing a Marine? You can EASILY unload all 8 shells of slugs or buckshot in about 5 seconds using the pump-action macro. Been there. Done it myself. I typically don't take an M41A with me on initial loadout. If I need one, I just pick it off the field later after a major conflict.
    Last edited by Damarik; 03-19-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damarik View Post
    I think what's trying to be said here is:

What's harder to do? Belch or accurately hit a target with a firearm?

The gun is, obviously, because it's something we have to learn. Belching comes naturally. The point being stated is that natural abilities should be easy to use, rather than those that are learned, such as wielding a fire-arm. Is it easier to reach out and punch something, or is it easier to aim down the sight of a rifle and accurately hit a target? Hopefully you're getting the point.

I'm not saying that I agree with everything being said here. Yes, a lot of it boils down to game mechanic balancing. However, certain natural, biological and physiological actions of the Xenos SHOULD be made easy to use, like switching resin types for building, or switching attack types for a Hunter. That's not like loading a shotgun and pumping it. That's as simple as thinking: Oh. Maybe I should punch this guy once, jab him quick, and then pounce on him, - and then doing it. It's a natural reflex.

And honestly, if someone can't macro a shotgun pump with a gaming mouse or fingers on the arrow-keys next to the numberpad...then what are they doing playing a Marine? You can EASILY unload all 8 shells of slugs or buckshot in about 5 seconds using the pump-action macro. Been there. Done it myself. I typically don't take an M41A with me on initial loadout. If I need one, I just pick it off the field later after a major conflict.
    Right, blah, blah, blah....

Who would even think to boil down those abilities to what is learned and what geneticaly transmitted? Only a big xeno main who can't think that this is just 2Dspessman game. Lets start balancing things around pseudo-science: Guns should eradicate benos in just few hits, since they did that in movies. No beno there tanked burst. Queen evolves from drone, she shouldn't be immune to fire.
    Fuck balance, fuck being fair, fuck fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, blah, blah, blah....
    It took me a few seconds to realize you had wrote this and I hadn't imagined it. That's how much nonsense is in your posts.

Who would even think to boil down those abilities to what is learned and what geneticaly transmitted? Only a big xeno main who can't think that this is just 2Dspessman game. Lets start balancing things around pseudo-science: Guns should eradicate benos in just few hits, since they did that in movies. No beno there tanked burst. Queen evolves from drone, she shouldn't be immune to fire.
    Fuck balance, fuck being fair, fuck fun.
    CABAL, you constantly switch between 'balance around gameplay' and 'balanced around lore' based on whatever buffs marines/debuffs xenos. Then you pretend your a voice of moderation when your clearly marine bias'd.

EDIT: My position is whatever is best for gameplay. I'd rather have a bunch of fun roles that are weak than a bunch of strong roles that are boring as shit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    It took me a few seconds to realize you had wrote this and I hadn't imagined it. That's how much nonsense is in your posts.

CABAL, you constantly switch between 'balance around gameplay' and 'balanced around lore' based on whatever buffs marines/debuffs xenos. Then you pretend your a voice of moderation when your clearly marine bias'd.

EDIT: My position is whatever is best for gameplay. I'd rather have a bunch of fun roles that are weak than a bunch of strong roles that are boring as shit.
    Find my posts where I suggest balance changes around lore that would harm 50-50 balance. Please, because I can't find them.

"ICly xenos should have an easier time using their abilities, they are biologically built to use them."
    Best for "gameplay" my ass. Beno biased opinion without second thoughts.

Yes, I'm only about marine buffs and xeno nerfs. I never said anything bad about tank LTB, I never said anything bad about dual wielding shotguns, I never ever said anything to nerf marines, or buff benos. All I want is to make CM13 65% +/-5% winrates for marines. I don't want balance, your sharp beno eye spotted my flawed ideology and crushed it with your perfect reasoning and logic.