User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North would be starboard and south would be port (left and right) because the almayer faces front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people can't even spell almayer right and you want them to know which side is which?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You want to have HRP on combat server when fricking 0RP side exist and its benos? Great idea, perfection, can't wait to flesh out my character and write paragraphs when runner PWR-666-GMR jumps out of the vents, pounces, and destroys my both hands.
    Xeno players are there to create atmosphere and immersion for marines. They are a support to marine RP. They arent there to roleplay like marines. If you go kidnap and murder marines then you are roleplaying correctly as a xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North would be starboard and south would be port (left and right) because the almayer faces front.
    Yeah, I know, but this...

Снимок экрана (12).png

Снимок экрана (13).png

I just love the fact that not even the mappers bothered.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    Yeah, I know, but this...

Снимок экрана (12).png

Снимок экрана (13).png

I just love the fact that not even the mappers bothered.
    There are a number of doors, iirc, onboard the Almayer that display fore, starboard, port, et cetera.

I agree though, we could some extra help with adding little things like this to create immersion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is alot of talk about "those players" with these "gimmicks" we all know and honsetly, I kind of don't. Sure, we have the players screaming "ALLAH" during briefing and spinning, but then there is Windhealer, who aside from having weird names for things who role plays an enthusiastic warrior with a strict code of honor really well. Then you have characters like Randolph P. Checkers and Gerdy who have gimmicks like the exploding breakfest burito CL and being a maintanance ghoul respectively, but they are both considered good roleplayers by people that have spoken out against the LRP on this server.

So I'm asking, which gimmicks are LRP? Is having long hair/beard LRP? Is having a weird eye/hair color LRP? What about having a funny/pun nickname or just being weird?

I'm asking this because I have a feeling that, both the staff and the community, don't have a clear answer for what counts as HRP or LRP when it comes to grey areas like the ones I mentioned.

Edit: Is playing UNO after finishing the FoB LRP? If the answer is yes I'll be very sad.
    Last edited by hatman52; 08-19-2020 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added a question

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we go into enforcing RP all the MP mains and snowflake characters are going to have to change back to a reasonable hair colour, no more long pink or white hair for you.

It doesn't bother me either way, I hate CM RP because even when it's "HRP" it's the same boring cycle, which is why you have so many "veterans" just dicking about, like in Solidfury's example. Events don't spice things up either, they just get in the way. If RP standards become heavy-handedly enforced I and a lot of others are just going to silently kill aliens while half the server sits in a corner talking about how great their family is or how tragic their backstory nobody cares about is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine roleplaying on a server where the staff actively try to ban people for roleplaying lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me a daft boomer, but I never understand why no one can understand "play a reasonable character etc..."
    I don't expect players to give a dissertation oh OH MY GOD SARGE THIS RED DOG ATE ME ALIVE HELP HELP, but come on Chucklefuck XO wearing shorts talking about SHOOTAZ and THE BOYZ is where I draw the line.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Call me a daft boomer, but I never understand why no one can understand "play a reasonable character etc..."
    I don't expect players to give a dissertation oh OH MY GOD SARGE THIS RED DOG ATE ME ALIVE HELP HELP, but come on Chucklefuck XO wearing shorts talking about SHOOTAZ and THE BOYZ is where I draw the line.
    Stop fighting the memes and let people just run new jokes into the ground at which point everyone bullies everyone else to stop doing that fucking cringe joke.

Until someone comes up with a new meme/joke and the cycle repeats except every time its different, and isn't that what players want?