Emerald Blood abombed Normandy as marines ran for their lifes
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    A warning would be good i guess?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Elder Crusher here.

Marines decided to hold the pods and flee like dumbasses into the DS2 even though the Xenos had two Elder T3s and a bunch of young T1s and T2s while also having 25~.

They had 80 marines aboard the Almayer and decided to dump an easy marine major just to safe their snowflake character.

Getting abombed sounds like proper punishment.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP was preserved, I'm sure you saw the message of the station being shot due to the infestation. That and you know running down to the station/planet is always putting you at the mercy of the Admins. If you're somehow offended you didn't get like 30 seconds of walking around an empty station, I'm sorry.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness to the round where i was observing.

You and the rest of the marines on the normandy ran to a hostile still infected station (ICly there are still burrowed larva in the colony). The automatic cannons were instructed by HC to glass the station seeing as the mission had failed. Thats an IC reason why you guys were blown up. The OOC reason is that you were doing nothing but delaying the end of the round which is exactly when admin+ staff are meant to step in and end it.

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriedMilk View Post
    Hi, Elder Crusher here.

Marines decided to hold the pods and flee like dumbasses into the DS2 even though the Xenos had two Elder T3s and a bunch of young T1s and T2s while also having 25~.

They had 80 marines aboard the Almayer and decided to dump an easy marine major just to safe their snowflake character.

Getting abombed sounds like proper punishment.
    1 - As always, marines hold the pods because Command tells them to

2 - Marines attempted to assault the CIC, including me, and we failed, all we had were wounded people and around 10 marines/doctors left standing by the time we left for Normandy

3 - sNOwflAKE isn't an excuse, this is a roleplaying game, your character thinks differently than you, and anyone would attempt to flee once they saw that: SD couldn't be activated, the aliens won the battle and that the pods couldn't be launched.

4 - Admins shouldn't be interfering in such mundane matters, they are there to either do events or enforce the server's rules, and that's it
    Last edited by Stobarico; 01-26-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    RP was preserved, I'm sure you saw the message of the station being shot due to the infestation. That and you know running down to the station/planet is always putting you at the mercy of the Admins. If you're somehow offended you didn't get like 30 seconds of walking around an empty station, I'm sorry.
    "That and you know running down to the station/planet is always putting you at the mercy of the Admins" That is NOT within the rules (Other than rule 0 that says "Do whatever you want as a staff member") and in fact it is exactly against the guidelines i presented.
    RP was not preserved, if the station were to be glassed, why didn't they do it as soon as the marines evacuated? Heck, why didn't they even tell anyone (Even the CPT) "Hey we're glassing the place since you incompetents failed"
    I am offended because it seems you do not perceive that the end of the round has future implications in roleplay's sake (And SS13 is supposed to be a RP game)
    Last edited by Stobarico; 01-26-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    Posting as a witness to the round where i was observing.

You and the rest of the marines on the normandy ran to a hostile still infected station (ICly there are still burrowed larva in the colony). The automatic cannons were instructed by HC to glass the station seeing as the mission had failed. Thats an IC reason why you guys were blown up. The OOC reason is that you were doing nothing but delaying the end of the round which is exactly when admin+ staff are meant to step in and end it.
    A few larva remained, yes, but they could still be killed in the few numbers they were (Not that we even knew burrowed larvas exist) Read above for the IC reason being bogus.
    The thingy for ending the round does not count people who are on ground level, and don't come up to me with that excuse, as an Admin from a server that uses one of the bases of your code as the main code, i know that there is a button to simply end the round, and considering that the Head Manager was online, i doubt he wouldn't have acess to that command

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rounded ended ~30 seconds after the bomb went off, people got the warning ahead of time and did run off the dropship, some people made it off the dropship and were able to RP about the ship being blown up. Your report holds no points that can't be equally counter-argued. I'm sorry if you somehow feel offended and that your round was just ruined by having exploded but you're just trying to look for a reason to complain here. I will give you this, I could have given a better reason for you exploding by saying that the dropship's engines were malfunctioning. That said, you'd have reported it anyways so no matter what reason I'd have given you'd still complain about it.

Edit: It should also be noted that a lot of Marines just fled the ship and this is not a strat we want to encourage as it just throws the round for the Marines actually fighting on the ship. You're a soldier of war, you all don't want to just leave your friends behind to go sit on some dead station and die there.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABombing planetside evacuees/leftovers is a common practice to ensure rounds end smoothly. While similar levels on other stations might discount living mobs on them, we count living mobs on the Almayer as well as the area of operations equally. The exception to this is if the marines trigger a proper evacuation. Once an evac is triggered, planetside entities are no longer counted as "living" for the purposes of ending the round. Thus, in many rounds it is necessary to ABomb stragglers left over below. As for using a button to end the round, this is not preferable for the purposes of keeping good statistics. It is better if the round ends as naturally as possible, albeit perhaps with a little interference at the end. Chances are low that planetside stragglers are going to make any significant impact on the round within a reasonable timeframe, anyway. Thus, eliminating them is a fairly common practice on our server. Even if an evacuation is triggered, anyone who has left to the planet and essentially removed themselves from the rest of play should consider themselves as such- removed from the round.

What Emerald did here is common practice, and not against what is normally done. Had the round naturally extended a long period of time, this might be more considerable under proper circumstances. However, as it stands, the round ended so quickly that her actions made effectively no overall difference to RP. This is distinguished from End of Round Grief, as the purpose of EORG rules are to allow extra events/happenings to occur past a normal round end state. As an Admin, Emerald would have had knowledge of any such plans beforehand and would have likely adjusted her actions accordingly in that situation. Players do not have this knowledge, and are therefore subject to EORG punishment as a result. While this does not give Admins full immunity, it applies in this case.

Closed, Emerald did not break any rules or protocols in this incident.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: