User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - SolidFury7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDarkness View Post
    Bold of you to assume xenos read random queen drivel while they afk waiting for evo/marines. If anyone performed a planned metarush it was solely the queen doing it.
    This statement is deeply concerning, you are attempting to blame the Queen for the LZ situation, while you are implying that you did not even listen to the Queen but rushed the LZ regardless.

Forgot to address this, as you yourself have summed up quite well the way you look at this, and why you shouldnt be part of staff.

Considering both you and me have lost around 20 minutes due to this, I think it is actually unfair of you to whip out the "respect my time and commitment" card while you've certainly not respected mine. Your 20 minutes is not worth more than my 20 minutes. Especially since you have chosen to take care of this yourself - you could have left it to other staff considering how quickly they've shown up, and iirc there was one more mod online alongside you who could have dealt with this.
    You've lost 20 minutes because of your own choice to deal with this, and I've had my 20 minutes forcibly taken from me by your choice, not by mine.

It is also rather unbecoming of you to turn this into shit flinging by attempting to ridicule me, calling me a kid in a roundabout way.

I thought staff was meant to be players just like us, but I feel like you think of yourself as superior/above me somehow. Reminds me, werent you a CMP main?
    I'm rather astonished at this whole paragraph, I would give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you merely misread or misinterpreted them, however your comments are obviously ones born from malicious and dislike. Nowhere have I called you a kid, nor implied it. Nowhere have I claimed my time is more "important" than yours. I was giving context regarding the fact that I arrived on the server to a situation with no staff online, barring one AFK moderator.

I've been civil and explaining my reasoning for my actions and punishment, and have said in hindsight, I likely would have approached it differently, however I standby my actions, considering the enjoyment of 100 other players was on the line and it required a quick judgement in an attempt to save the round.

Secondly, as I've stated multiple times, no staff were available, one moderator was AFK, so I handled it, as this was a round-ending and fun ruining rule breach.

Ultimately, your rather blatent and not so subtle insults in the last few lines of your paragraph does nothing but reflect upon yourself. The irony that you are claiming that I have made some secret insults against you within my explanations, while you insult me, has not been lost on me.

One last thing, the fact you're claiming to have been minutes away from the LZ when slept (How am I even going to sleep three people in quick succession, if you were a whole minute away from the DS) can easily be refuted if staff merely look at map variables. I'll leave any further questions to management.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    This statement is deeply concerning, you are attempting to blame the Queen for the LZ situation, while you are implying that you did not even listen to the Queen but rushed the LZ regardless.
    Strawman harder. Im saying I could not have been part of a PLANNED rush because I was not listening to any plans the queen was making earlier in the round. I followed a "deathball on me" order which is fairly common to push back marines early on, especially on lowpop.

Nowhere have I called you a kid, nor implied it.
    4) I can understand that you may feel frustrated
    This is fine.

or "salty" as the kids call it these days
    This is an attempt at being condescending and ridiculing me. Low quality "ur just salty bro" dchat material.

Nowhere have I claimed my time is more "important" than yours. I was giving context regarding the fact that I arrived on the server to a situation with no staff online, barring one AFK moderator.
    Considering I was only online during my lunch break to do a quick git-fix
    This is context, albeit unneeded. Why would anyone care if it was your lunch break or not? If I was on a lunch break aswell would it somehow change the situation?
    4) and stayed behind for the next 20 or so minutes dealing with the situation, I think it's actually unfair and unbecoming of you
    And now you're going past context, claiming that this report is "unfair and unbecoming" because you stayed behind for 20 minutes of your lunch break

Nowhere have I claimed my time is more "important" than yours.
    Since we've both lost the same amount of time on this, complaining about your 20 minutes and calling a report "unfair" because of it does imply you believe your time to be more important.

One last thing, the fact you're claiming to have been minutes away from the LZ when slept
    In fact I even managed to get so far it took almost a minute for the marine to find and shoot me.
    Reading comprehension please. I was not minutes away, I was far enough that it took the marine almost a minute to find me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you both are doing is arguing like children.

I’ve read the logs and Nanu is busy with University. Judging by the logs and the fact that he was the only mod on at the time and made attempts to call other staff for assistance he made a judgement call under rule 0. Moderators have very limited powers to deal with metarushing.

If you are a member of a side that does a metarush and staff have to intervene, regardless if you are part of it or not, sometimes it may be unfair to punish someone and instead try to handle things with intervention instead to salvage the round. I don’t see any wrong doing here because as I said before, the entire marine side getting destroyed within 5 minutes of actual deployment is ludacris, and our developers are working trying to prevent stuff like this from happening in the future.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids