User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xenos rushing armories and making it impossible for survivors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Survivor isn't about the payout of surviving. Making it to when marines land is the most boring part unless you are going hostile. The fun of survivor comes from actually beating back those persistent xenos, and even if you fail at that, you get even more satisfaction from killing yourself and putting all their efforts to waste.
    True, only problem is that xenos will rush armories and fuck survivors over immediatly
    Last edited by Lagfnacy; 02-02-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it's not the problem with xenos rushing something. You always have other options.
    The problem is xenos are too strong for survivors. Sentinels can consistently hit you behind the cades being 4 tiles away, hivelords and carriers are considered t3 and basically do not get shocked by e-traps, spitters and again hivelords can get t3 acid REALLY fast and melt all the walls, lurkers break metal cades with 4 hits (at the same time half of the maps do not have welding masks to fix cades) and finally, t3s can easily come before marines arrive and fuck you.
    And with all marine and xeno buffs, survivors got nothing.
    Conclusion? Surv-main = xeno-main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh, I've found that the new potent buckshot makes it a lot easier to survive than it used to. And are you really surprised? Some survivors like to make autism forts in secure dome that can only be penetrated by a ravager, or boiler acid. It makes it frustrating for xenos, so some try to grab survivors before they can get armed... Same goes for warden's office, telecomms on big red, and nothin on ice because you're destined to die on ice and the mins should spawn you with a flamer and a suicide belt full of HEFA and HEPD.

Otherwise, do spawn survivors with a m16/uzi. Or in rare cases a double barrel, or just uncommon, a pump action shotgun. Nothin feels shittier than being picked off by a runner because you just have a fucking holdout pistol. Give survivors the means to kill/delay/deny, just not the means to be eternally a turtle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Big Red there'll be 2 runners at the Marshal Armoury at literally 12:05 every single game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, survivors should really get better round start weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The survivor role has been slated for re-work for a long time. The Synthetic survivor is the first step down the line. Survivors will be seeing large changes with the proper integration of Nightmare Creator on all maps. They will not be in this abysmal "might as well be a smallhost" state eventually. I can't give an ETA on this since we have much more pending projects at the moment.

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has always been the case and has never really been a problem since you can easily get into the armouries fast enough to get a shotgun, which will meme any bean. The simple answer to this is.

Git gud

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    This has always been the case and has never really been a problem since you can easily get into the armouries fast enough to get a shotgun, which will meme any bean. The simple answer to this is.

Git gud
    Lets punish everyone becouse powergamers exist, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What!? Survivor changes!? part of me is glad for a bit of change, but the robusto survivoro will be sad if I lose my ability to create the Shock forts.

but actually on topic, xeno's rushing survivor weapon locations has been a thing for a long time, you either move quicker or you go and do things they don't expect
    e.g Big red I'll completely ignore the sec armory as 1. other survivors/xeno's are likely to go there anyway 2. I'v got better uses for my time before xeno's are fully equipped to stop me.(Shock fort creation!)

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think throwing weapons around should help, Nightmare be blessed