User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ReDikAl.ZiP - Rule 5, 6 (meta/powergaming)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReDikAl.ZiP - Rule 5, 6 (meta/powergaming)

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Ranged66

Your Character Name?
    Kirra Morales

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    ReDikAl.ZiP

Accused Character Name
    Elder Empress

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~17:00 CET (22:00 GMT+1)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 5, 6 (meta/powergaming)

Description of the incident:

The Alamo was at LZ-1, full of marines, waiting for others to enter preparing for an evac. The empress charges into the dropship alone, while most xenos were still being kept at bay somewhat, used a screech to stun all marines and the pilot for free passage into the cockpit, and then locked the dropship.

This led to a dropship full of ~20 marines waiting for evac to be completely stuck. The empress died of course, no way they're getting out of it alive. It was a suicide metarush to quickly lock the flight controls and trap every marine.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Server logs from time specified.

https://i.gyazo.com/76bd273aa0e77dc1...93a7a93a01.png body of empress visible on dropship.

How you would punish the accused:
    Job ban from at least Queen. Maybe removal from mentor role for improper rule knowledge because of what they said in deadchat afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pastebin of the events just following the Queen's death, including the ensuing debate in deadchat about whether this was right or not: https://pastebin.com/xjPRyg7B

We'd pretty much been utterly punted throughout the colony, the only pilot had ran off and been decapped. I see the Queen lumbering towards the dropship - straight beeline, no xenos support, no stopping - and she walks in, screeches. I expected xenos to push up and kill everyone. The Queen instead beelines for the cockpit past all the marines, no xenos come to support. She opens it, locks down the Alamo, then tries to stroll off. A synth bodyblocks her, she tries to get out the other side and gets gunned down.

This is ridiculous behaviour from a mentor, who's supposed to be a role model and an advisor to players on mechanics, and how to make the game fun. This could only be called a metagaming suicide rush, with zero concern for the fun of others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Delta B18 spec this round.

Here is what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hh7...ature=youtu.be

I don't know what kind of world you have to live in to think this is an acceptable thing to do. IC it's a fucking Queen suiciding and OOC it's just sweaty tryhard behavior to ruin the round for the marines. The only reason why the Queen died was because the synth was perfectly placed and stood up instantly. Do you think that will happen all the time? Every round itll just be the queen running in, screeching, pressing a button and running out with zero punishment. Do you want this to be standard procedure? This is just plain unfun behavior for both sides: Marines get to sit in a cramped sardine can full of wounded and Xenos potentially lose their most valuable asset and hivemind.

It's bad enough the player in question goes on his super special mentor name to defend his actions rather than Elder Empress. This person decided to represent staff to defend controversial IC actions.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 02-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Someone took video of it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hh7...ature=youtu.be

It appears that the console wasn't locked (but something about a button?), however most xenos weren't even close to the dropship at this point so it was still a lone suicide rush for unknown reason of an elder empress.

Relevant deadchat logs:
    DEAD: Mentor(ReDikAl.ZiP) says, "Yes I did hit the button guys"
    DEAD: Mentor(ReDikAl.ZiP) says, "I did lock the birb"
    DEAD: Mentor(ReDikAl.ZiP) says, "I locked it by button "
    Last edited by Ranged66; 02-01-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged66 View Post
    It appears that the console wasn't locked (but something about a button?)
    The console was locked. If you look in the pastebin further up, the Queen locked the Alamo via the cockpit so it couldn't be launched.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 02-01-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ReDikAl.ZiP's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, I'm a reported guy who did lock the ship by the button.
    I just want you to know, I've asked that many times and why devs did add option to lock the ship only by that button.
    By one way it's not fair to those guys who were locked inside, belive me I had those situations not only one time and evetytime I ahelped it wasn't considered as metagame or powergame.

On the video you'll think I was rushing only for that button, but previusly I did unlock shuttle by console, that was outside. (That console can only unlock bolted doors).

Like I said in the Dchat devs did add option to lock ship only by one button, before this that button was using for unlock xenos off the ship by again that button.

By the end I would ask you, how many times that button was used before me and if it would be metagame, devs could remove that option from the button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDikAl.ZiP View Post
    Hello there, I'm a reported guy who did lock the ship by the button.
    I just want you to know, I've asked that many times and why devs did add option to lock the ship only by that button.
    By one way it's not fair to those guys who were locked inside, belive me I had those situations not only one time and evetytime I ahelped it wasn't considered as metagame or powergame.

On the video you'll think I was rushing only for that button, but previusly I did unlock shuttle by console, that was outside. (That console can only unlock bolted doors).

Like I said in the Dchat devs did add option to lock ship only by one button, before this that button was using for unlock xenos off the ship by again that button.

By the end I would ask you, how many times that button was used before me and if it would be metagame, devs could remove that option from the button.
    As far as I'm concerned, the lockdown is supposed to be used to help xenos get to the Almayer, not to stop marines leaving. You beelined right for the cockpit so you could do it, and as far as deadchat were saying, this isn't the first time you've done stunts like this. Saying "Oh but other people do it" is no excuse, you should be held to a higher standard and shouldn't just be using that as an excuse in your role.

As I believe, Omicega was going to seek a higher-up ruling on this sort of thing.

Whitelisted Predator ReDikAl.ZiP's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you said if it was allowed. By the way you may think it's owergame or metagame by thinking it's too dirty to play. But I had expierence with that nature and other staff said it's not permitted.

If you think it's powergame or metagame it's not means it is, just ahelp and ask staff about problems , like I did.

Like I said three times I know its not fair, and now devs will do something with it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDikAl.ZiP View Post
    What would you said if it was allowed. By the way you may think it's owergame or metagame by thinking it's too dirty to play. But I had expierence with that nature and other staff said it's not permitted
    Did you just admit to your own actions being non-permissible?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was present for the round but wasn't much of a witness, this post is for the purposes of conveying information to anyone that reads it.

After this incident and due to the higher frequency of similar incidents a ruling was requested of the management team, this ruling has now been made and it is as follows;
    Any observing Admin or Dev can override the lockdown at their discretion if this issue occurs and launch the dropship back to the Almayer, provided the usual cooldown time elapses and the marines fight it out enough. If no Admins or Devs are online the issue is to be left IC. Generally it is a cheap thing to do but until it's coded out, if it is, the resolutions listed here will be generally followed.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001