Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cm becomes HRP: every time you get shot you need surgery, same with getting slashed, burnt, exploded, or having rav chips shot into you
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all I like everyone and i've told you before that I respected you for your upfront-ness and certain talks you had with a certain someone about a certain something, don't set me up like that it makes us both look like assholes now. What im tryna say is that your era of CM RP is long gone, and it wasn't killed by the devs it was discarded by the community because people enjoy freedom of gameplay and not being railroaded down the same story each time. I'm not speaking for fourkhans brain but I don't think he's out here trying to 'develop RP out' of CM, but CM is a TDM server and the players who want to engage in RP will find ways to do so.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right now the biggest issue with the game, in my eyes, is benos rushing LZ on first drop / before they can weed it and completely ruining round flow. It's like the metarushing problem in reverse, and makes for short and cancerous groundside battles which result in longer and even more cancerous shipside battles
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Let's start with the most basic thing.

A Dev who is incharge with the direction of the game should be all encompassing to cover all aspects and interests of the game.

Dev Architects such as Fourkhan who has openly stated they don't like Roleplay, actively mock RP and only add content that purely interest them should not have ANYTHING to do with the position of Dev Architect.

ie; Attachment 1598

This applies to other aspects of the game as well, no one should be deciding the future of the game who have an active dislike or disdain for important elements of the game.

I can't believe I even have to state this, but the fundamental flaw before anything related to development is the wrong people being incharge of the games direction.
    I had quite a few debates/arguments with Fourkhan about Roleplay. His position on RP will not change, this I know for certain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm actually most interested in for CM right now, other than more maps which we always need, is seeing what inspiration/lessons it will learn from TGMC. Both are open source so it would be cool to see some of the better aspects of TGMC ported to CM. Note that I don't think CM should copy everything, I'd much prefer them both to remain distinct mechanically and in terms of RP/style.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should devs give a fuck about adding RP features when the same day one gets added, the other side of staff immediately begins restricting it all to the point that the feature itself may as well be removed.

For an actual example that went completely to shit, just look at agents. I don't even need to say anything more or expand on that, do I? Agents. We all know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game was better when xenos had single target point and click stuns and shotgun was the only good weapon. Every fight ended in close quarters, it was slow and fast at the same time, both hyperlethal and with room for error, depending on the situation. Nothing emulated the CQC Aliens 2 feel like the old shotgun meta, not directional lighting, not xeno bias, not roleplay rules, NOTHING.

Ever since neth took over the combat has been on a downward spiral (no offense neth, ily), with moba xenos being the only ray of hope, if a minor one. The entire gameplay experience is spamming your aoe xeno ability/peepee poopoo rifle that isn't as fun as TGMC guns into a chokepoint until somebody fucks up and makes you die. You people love going off about roleplay and god knows what but why the fuck would I play a server where the main gameplay experience for 80% of the players is staring enemy gamers down from behind 5 tiles of fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly I'm hoping for some near future much needed engineering love. combat engineers atm are just eh, you do fuck all other than build a few cades and throw down a turret then your just a PFC with the ability to repair until you get some more metal to build some more cades repeat until the end of time, engineers seriously need more ways to play, but I fear anything that engineer get's that an't direct shooty shooty or cades will be nerfed in to a irrelevant state e.g claymores and every other engineer gimmick ever found, E-grills, old girder walls ect it's almost like no one wants engineers to have anything good.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    staff bad
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie, people take what FOURKHAN says as serious, when I'm pretty sure it's shitposting.
    What Fourkhan types and says in a voice chat is very different, and it's mostly a language thing because English is his second language.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids