Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Not gonna lie, people take what FOURKHAN says as serious, when I'm pretty sure it's shitposting.
    What Fourkhan types and says in a voice chat is very different, and it's mostly a language thing because English is his second language.
    Which once again plays into my original question.

How can someone who is quite open both verbally and in writing.... holding a position of Dev Architect responsible with forwarding the development of the game for the playerbase while refusing to work on or develop an element of the game?
    Compound this with additional issues of "He's just not good at communicating and you can't take his leadership seriously" which actually emphasizes him being unqualified.

It's like combining the two worst qualities for a position of "leadership" or "Manager" and somehow still getting the job despite this?

Once again, this post isn't about Fourkhan but rather how the Dev Architect position itself has an issue when someone who completely dislike an element of the game is incharge of the direction of the game.
    This is a massive conflict of issue making them and anyone else of similar nature completely unqualified.

It's almost unbelievable to me that the people who should see an issue with this conflict either can't, don't care or are part of the problem themselves.
    Last edited by Fewher; 12-20-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Snip
    It's not just one person, it's still a team, and everything goes through discussions especially major changes. There's nothing that says anyone has to like this or that, there's plenty of things I see in the community that I tolerate that I personally don't like, but I don't go banning XYZ unless it's an issue that everyone is bringing up. (IE: people spamming Big Chungus)

People are just resistant to the whole "Tech webs" change, and I say see how it plays out in the end. Triiodine wants to change the entire gameplay loop and this has been his vision since day 1 of taking the head dev job.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    It's not just one person, it's still a team, and everything goes through discussions especially major changes. There's nothing that says anyone has to like this or that, there's plenty of things I see in the community that I tolerate that I personally don't like, but I don't go banning XYZ unless it's an issue that everyone is bringing up. (IE: people spamming Big Chungus)

People are just resistant to the whole "Tech webs" change, and I say see how it plays out in the end. Triiodine wants to change the entire gameplay loop and this has been his vision since day 1 of taking the head dev job.
    I have no opinion on tech web changes or the gameplay aspect of it.

I'm trying to point out that the fundamental issue of Dev Architect itself is the people with the title and the conflict of issue that someone with the title can hold it while be actively opposed to an important element of the game.

So to clarify, again.
    My opinion on the current Dev Architect in regards to the thread is that a person should not be in-charge of the game direction while actively being opposed to ANY element of the game and there is little to no justification anyone can give to justify someone like Fourkhan having that title or responsibility.

This isn't about Roleplay, it's about being qualified for your position without bias towards elements the playerbase value. This isn't about just RP but rather I'd name any other Dev Architect who also was publically voical about opposing ANY element of the game as it would make them unqualified.

I know my viewpoint and logic isn't lost to you Soldier and I have little belief that you can't see the conflicting issues here.
    Last edited by Fewher; 12-20-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to point out that the fundamental issue of Dev Architect itself is the people with the title and the conflict of issue that someone with the title can hold it while be actively opposed to an important element of the game.
    This "fundamental issue of dev architect itself" doesn't even exist because your understanding of what a dev architect actually is or does is entirely wrong. Architects from the start have always been about developing the gameplay aspect of CM, it has minimal if not nothing to do with roleplay elements. Every architect sees CM differently and they collaborate with the head dev in order to reach a proper consensus on where the game will be going in the near and far future.

I doubt it happens exactly like that in practice, but that's the gist of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staff Man Bad 3: Revenge of the Sith

On a serious note, I do think MOBA Prae and Rav do bring good benefit to Xeno gameplay. We have actually good solid frontliner that is decent and easy enough for the average xeno players. Before this, hardly anyone plays Prae and Ravs tend to die too easily while at the same time the really robust Rav will just murder everyone.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 12-21-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -
    how about you stop pretending your word matters at all on this community, your lack of interaction with the game itself leads me to believe you spend your nights dreaming about how you had those quirky in-game perms and everyone agreed with you because they had no other choice.

[Yeah i know it sounds ironic coming from me, but you are annoying]
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without a doubt for me i like rping and those stuff. I like being wholesome retelling story from my previous round or my char life. the thing is rp isn't something we force on or encourage, it's something player do out of their own volition. it's unrealistic to apply what we think is acceptable on the player base. what if everyone just stop playing cm because of a dumb rule or feature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly i really want to see where SS14 goes. i feel like the gunplay AND Xenoplay will be really enhanced. along with the RP and stuff
    Medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

episode 4 chicken man strike bacc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna share something I didnt expect sharing. It might derail the main topic but I guess its high time I say it.

Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    without a doubt for me i like rping and those stuff. I like being wholesome retelling story from my previous round or my char life. the thing is rp isn't something we force on or encourage, it's something player do out of their own volition. it's unrealistic to apply what we think is acceptable on the player base. what if everyone just stop playing cm because of a dumb rule or feature?
    This. The problem with RP apart from Dev's side mechanics, is that some people wont accept or wont like your RP cause it doesnt fit their preference or it wasnt to their liking. This is why they like to bring up the LRP, MRP and HRP argument. They dont like how you RP, its LRP. Oh wow your RP is something I like? HRP. There. I kinda agree with Just L saying that Staff should define very clearly what MRP is so that some people wont abuse its definition just because they dont like how the other dude RPs/plays.

Let me give you some examples:
    -Hahaha Windhealer is awesome! Dang Windhealer is Racist and LRP!
    -Greg Lauffer has good stories! Dang he has long Copy pastas, pretty well built stories! Greg Lauffer is stupid, who thinks Copy Pasta is hilarious? Cringe Copypasta spammer
    -Bill Carson is amazing! Bill Carson is a shit memer
    -OOOOORAH DELTA SQUAD BEST SQUAD UNGADUNGA BOOGA! Who the hell charges into death in the marine corp?
    -Charlie Breakfast time! Haha cringe, stale, boring.
    -UPP Invasion! Expect fierce fight! What the heck, they fall so easily. Bald UPP
    -It's LRP if the CO doesnt have a well built in story and if he doesnt stick to his APP Story. What the heck hes sticking to the same story, LRP. These guys suck at RPing, your gimmick is no longer great!
    -Man Synth is a robust role in RP and Mechanics, look at him fixing marines. Better try talk to him. If he fights back, expect a tough challenge. Haha me unga slash metal host. WHAT? HE FIGHTS BACK! SYNTHS CANT FIGHT BACK! I DIED! REEEEE CRINGE LRPER!
    -Haha, this dude acts according to Context. Nice story. HE ISNT ACTING ACCORDING TO THE LORE STAFF DO SOMETHING!

There is always that part of the group large enough that disagrees and the rest that dont care.

For example, this poll. If everyone(that currently plays) hates the dev then why on earth isnt there a landslide vote victory on options where Devs messed up, like Permanest bad, MOBA bad. I mean even Tech Webs are split 50-50 with good and bad at a 1 vote difference(At the time of this writing). Look at Mechanics vs Roleplay, Ideas past Perma-nest. The rest have a sizeable majority against 30% minority, which is not even small.

So I think its unfair to blame it all on the Devs, as much as they share a degree of blame. I do agree Dev made a big mistake trying to please everyone, like going TDM and RP in the full extreme. They should stick to a good direction. Wont please everyone, but it better than tearing the server apart.

CM Has a case of Factionalism, between Mods, Devs, Pro-TDM, Anti-TDM, Anti-RP, HRPers, LRPers, MRPers, Lore Masters, Gamers, Cringe, Furries, Marine Mains, Xeno Mains, CO Mains, Queen Mains, SL Mains, MP Mains, Anti-MPs, etc.

The problem with RP is an amalgamation of issues:
    -Devs providing toys and mechanics that encourages/gives space for RP
    -Staff Enforcing RP Rule
    -WL Councillors ensuring good RPers take HRP roles
    -Supply of actual RP players
    -Main Actor RPs like Windhealer, Gerdy, Bill Carson, Tom Dinkle, etc. To drive main RP
    -Supporting Actors to help the Main Actors, which is like the playerbase itself. Those who you interact with.
    -The unwritten rules of the playerbase, whether you satisfied them or not. Rule of the mob.

Some examples of Rule of the mob. Play how I want you to play! I dont like how you RP! You should RP like how I RP!:

Let's ask ourselves, how are devs supposed to fix that?

That's all.

Also, on FourKhan joking. Honestly, this isnt a full time job. We didnt pay for this game and no one is getting paid to work on this game. Like, take a joke. Did sense of humour get thrown out of the window or something? Man I missed the days when Staff had a sense of humour like making the Blackest CO ever.

I feel like some people are forgetting to have fun in a 2d Spessman game.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which:
    Who made HEFA order cannon in CM lore? Not the devs.
    Who got the idea to give Jones human laws and his own office? Not the devs I assume.
    Who got the idea for shitty immersion breaking Xeno-Mass ornaments, decorations, helmets (on a underpayed military ship during active combat operation) and xenos for atleast 3 weeks now? Not only the devs I assume.
    Who not so long ago rulled out transhumanist marines as "insane", to only now agree to give marines robo limbs again? Hmmmm...

Leaf-man may blame only the devs, or only the admemes, depending on what is best to scheme for now, but it was all joint operation.
    Make some MRP guidelines and keep them, but don't make them too straight and then give tools to have a point of start. Helmet ornaments like shotgun shells, or rain covers were a great start.
    Make cool stuff that people would want to talk about. Give us combat loaders for the sake of having combat loaders.
    Add self-run round variation, self-run HvH, or self-run zombies, variety gives RP. What the fuck can you RP with beno? When it spins like a fucking autistic toy that was popular not so long ago, or maybe when it slashes you?
    Beno combat is as stale as xenobread in the R&R is. What gives "standard" SS13 servers so much RP? Variety in experience. Shooting beno with shotgun, or shooting beno with rifle, or shooting beno with small machine gun isn't a variety, really.
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-21-2020 at 10:53 AM.