Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Since when Jones is fleet admirals pet (nothing in changelog, or wiki)? Why fleet admirals pet is on ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral? Why Ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral has a room for fleet admirals pet? Why fleet admiral leaves his pet on a ship patrolling highly dangerous fringes? Why stray cat that nobody knows from where it come from is fleet admirals pet?

The rabbit hole goes deep just for the meme room for a stupid cat, that could just as well sit in CO office as it did and piss on the carpet there.
    ok I got word from CO council that it isn't 100% canon its just something they say sometimes. Even then having a room for your cat isn't LRP, its a 4 tile room
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    ok I got word from CO council that it isn't 100% canon its just something they say sometimes. Even then having a room for your cat isn't LRP, its a 4 tile room
    Lets assume this kind of shitlery happens and Jones is COs cat, not Fleet Admiral.

Cannonically, CO recently took Almayer under his command (or so I heard, but we already are relying on hear-say), so he got enough of a time to order to build special room for his stray cat out of nowhere, yeah, very HRP. Or maybe cat quaters are part of the design of ships like Almayer!

I thought that not even PFCs are allowed to be insane, while here we have COs that are straight up cat-ladies! You have to be insane to have this much love for a stray cat out of nowhere.

Summing up: Either CO fell in love with cat he meet recently and made him special room, or Almayer had this cat room already DESIGNED. Ah, yes, many warships, submarines and such have designated room for fleabags, its standard military procedure.

In the end: All of the brainpower and effort goes into excusing a MEME. Marines spouting memes? Oh boy, thats LRP, we have to fight it. Memes implemented into HRP documents and ship? Oh yes, its actually not LRP, let me excuse it right now!

I don't blame anyone for designing and putting that stupid unnecessary meme room, I blame those who agreed for that while also complaining that LRP runs rampant because of players.
    Last edited by CABAL; 12-21-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets assume this kind of shitlery happens and Jones is COs cat, not Fleet Admiral.

Cannonically, CO recently took Almayer under his command (or so I heard, but we already are relying on hear-say), so he got enough of a time to order to build special room for his stray cat out of nowhere, yeah, very HRP. Or maybe cat quaters are part of the design of ships like Almayer!

I thought that not even PFCs are allowed to be insane, while here we have COs that are straight up cat-ladies! You have to be insane to have this much love for a stray cat out of nowhere.

Summing up: Either CO fell in love with cat he meet recently and made him special room, or Almayer had this cat room already DESIGNED. Ah, yes, many warships, submarines and such have designated room for fleabags, its standard military procedure.

In the end: All of the brainpower and effort goes into excusing a MEME. Marines sputing memes? Oh boy, thats LRP, we have to fight it. Memes implemented into HRP documents and ship? Oh yes, its actually not RP, let me excuse it right now!
    or the cat just belonged to the previous captain who made a room so he wouldn't have to manage it constantly
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    or the cat just belonged to the previous captain who made a room so he wouldn't have to manage it constantly
    Still a meme. Catbox in the corner of office would be good enough. Even pretty silly standard SS13 stations don't have rooms made up special for pets.

It started as silly joke, it is a silly joke still.

Again - I don't blame you, I blame whoever agreed for it and only if they are blaming players and players only for LRP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone sort out this fucking Cat so CM can return to being Medium RP.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Can someone sort out this fucking Cat so CM can return to being Medium RP.
    Don't see why CM needs to become "MRP" again.

I'd rather CM just commits to fucking anything at this point. TDM, NRP, LRP, MRP, HRP, literally pick one and actually commit to it instead of this autistic garbage where the server's labelled MRP when it's actually just TDM.

Obviously my preference leans towards TDM, but anything is better than an identity crisis at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baaack to the main forum topic.

May I know why are some people against Tech Webs? I remember we discussed and debated heavily on control points being a thing and I recalled that quite a lot of people supported it. So why did we suddenly have a sizeable peep against it?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Baaack to the main forum topic.

May I know why are some people against Tech Webs? I remember we discussed and debated heavily on control points being a thing and I recalled that quite a lot of people supported it. So why did we suddenly have a sizeable peep against it?
    Sizable means 5-15 people take note.

For me, because it makes the game a dam starcraft/DoW clone. The game is not balanced at all for CPs and would take a massive overhaul and likely infinite respawn mechanics on aliens akin to corp merc.

Hell you know why marines can't have fun things? Because literally anything that is added that gives them a whiff of an advantage messes up game balance like an bastard because aliens are horrible with attrition. Why can't engineers build true autism forts? Because aliens wont be able to capture and would die over and over again or just stalemate hell the game. Why can't anything that isn't a buck shotgun do anything? Because aliens can't do shit against the massive deathball of 100 marines with only 30-40 aliens when lore wise aliens are gods of guerilla fighting not direct combat like in SS13-CM.

The game was built with 40-60 marines vs 20-40 aliens in mind with aliens getting wiggle room and loses being not as bad comparative. With constant 100-140 marines vs 30-50 aliens balance goes out the window.

And lastly, what god dam RP? What do you mean by RP? Is RP that magical feeling you get when you put your nostalgic glasses? For Christ sake you want to RP, just RP no one will stop you. No one is going to cry, expect assholes, when you take two seconds to talk to people while doing stuff. Hell RPing is the only way to prevent death by SSD in req and medical. Your just mad that people want to play their shitty 2-d Alien-CoD remix.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the end: All of the brainpower and effort goes into excusing a MEME. Marines spouting memes? Oh boy, thats LRP, we have to fight it. Memes implemented into HRP documents and ship? Oh yes, its actually not LRP, let me excuse it right now!

I don't blame anyone for designing and putting that stupid unnecessary meme room, I blame those who agreed for that while also complaining that LRP runs rampant because of players.
    Jones is the canonly the cat of the Fleet Admiral who due to his duties had to leave him aboard the USS Almayer in the care of the Almayer CO. Essentially this is why harming him is considered a major offense to just outright murder the cat (as it was a common occurance, some people would cut him up and RP eating him) and why he has his own room considering his importance.

In regards to the HEFA order, I severely disagree with it being listed frankly. I have personally written some lore regarding a different type of cult, the Order of Terra who praises Earth and desires to force all colonists to return to live on earth through radical methods including terrorism. This ties into them being an enemy to the CLF and the USCM in Tychon's Rift. You can read more about them on the Third Fleet page. The HEFA order was made as a joke but triio wrote some fanatical lore to it. I see no issue with it but I do not see it tying majorly into any lore written outside of funny events on the Almayer.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper44 View Post
    snip
    Cat lore excuse: Stupid, if marines break into CO office to kill the cat, punish marines for acting insane, don't add entire pages of excuses in IC.

Why fleet admirals pet is on ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral? Why Ship that isn't commanded by fleet admiral has a room for fleet admirals pet? Why fleet admiral leaves his pet on a ship patrolling highly dangerous fringes? Why stray cat that nobody knows from where it come from is fleet admirals pet?

The rabbit hole goes deep just for the meme room for a stupid cat, that could just as well sit in CO office as it did and piss on the carpet there.

Terra cult - Fine and dandy.

HEFA cult - Worst thought-scum somebody could slap as cannon.