Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about the fucking cat itself, stop with this nonsense, like I have problem only with the cat and that the cat is all that is.
    Its about the meme dung that is put into the HRP lore.
    Yes, broom closet cat room is breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.
    Yes, cat human laws being higher that laws of MILITARY AI ARES are breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.
    HEFA order being canon is breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.

Cat and HEFA order are the gateway, its the Overton window of LRP.
    "Oh, players cause LRP! PLAYERS FAULT! PLAYERS BAD PLAYERS BAD, THEY LRP, WE STAFF HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ENCOURAGING LRP!!!!!!!"
    "HAHA, Hey, Hey Morty, Come to the CO's bedroom, come, come, haha, open the door, open, open, haha, look at me, look, look at that, its a fucking CAT OFFICE! FUNNIEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN! HAHA, hey, hey, cult praising HEFA, the nade that causes a lot of FF, HAHAHAHAHAH, look at it, look at it, look how they blow themselfs, lets make it canon, it will be funny, HAHAHAHA, look at their silly helmets, look, look, all in the name of meme! HAHAHA"
    "Reeeeeeee! Scalpball is LRP! REEEEEEEEEE! I'm literally shaking and crying, ban he, ban he, ban he, we can't tolerate LRP!"
    "WHAT? DID YOU JUST SAID "BASED" AND "CRINGE" IC? LLLLLLL RRRRRRRRR PPPPPPPPPP!"
    "No, Combat Loaders don't fit CM, what are we, Gundams?"
    "HAHAHA HEFA ORDER! GO, GO, GO! HAHA, make it canon, its so funny, don't worry guys, we use them only in events, no problemo!"
    "Noooooooooo! Don't KILL THE CAT FOR THE MEMES! I'm gonna make it that its a captial crime, equal to killing a human!"
    "HAHAH Mr.X gon' give it to ya (what?)
    Fuck dying, ahealing for it to kill marines on its own, X gon' deliver one death punch to ya (uh)!
    "No, marines can't be transhumanists, its against the rules, its being insane, you can't just want to be augmented"
    "LOL look how funny X-mass themed xenos and helmets we have! Atleast 3 whole weeks baby! Haha!"
    "What? CL creating his own state? LLLLLLL RRRRRR PPPPPPP!"
    "No, marines shouldn't use melee weapons against xenos, its LRP, thats why we nerf them all to discourage their use"
    "HAHA LOL! Throwing knive deals 100 damage now! 11-13 throwing knives to kill Queen, or pred, haha!"

Oh no! Cabal is just mean-spirited, no merit, just complains about cat, how stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cat
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Its not about the fucking cat itself, stop with this nonsense, like I have problem only with the cat and that the cat is all that is.
    Its about the meme dung that is put into the HRP lore.
    Yes, broom closet cat room is breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.
    Yes, cat human laws being higher that laws of MILITARY AI ARES are breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.
    HEFA order being canon is breaking my immersion, how you will change that, huh? You won't, it will always break my (and maybe, probably, not sure, but there is a chance that others too) immersion.

Cat and HEFA order are the gateway, its the Overton window of LRP.
    "Oh, players cause LRP! PLAYERS FAULT! PLAYERS BAD PLAYERS BAD, THEY LRP, WE STAFF HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ENCOURAGING LRP!!!!!!!"
    "HAHA, Hey, Hey Morty, Come to the CO's bedroom, come, come, haha, open the door, open, open, haha, look at me, look, look at that, its a fucking CAT OFFICE! FUNNIEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN! HAHA, hey, hey, cult praising HEFA, the nade that causes a lot of FF, HAHAHAHAHAH, look at it, look at it, look how they blow themselfs, lets make it canon, it will be funny, HAHAHAHA, look at their silly helmets, look, look, all in the name of meme! HAHAHA"
    "Reeeeeeee! Scalpball is LRP! REEEEEEEEEE! I'm literally shaking and crying, ban he, ban he, ban he, we can't tolerate LRP!"
    "WHAT? DID YOU JUST SAID "BASED" AND "CRINGE" IC? LLLLLLL RRRRRRRRR PPPPPPPPPP!"
    "No, Combat Loaders don't fit CM, what are we, Gundams?"
    "HAHAHA HEFA ORDER! GO, GO, GO! HAHA, make it canon, its so funny, don't worry guys, we use them only in events, no problemo!"
    "Noooooooooo! Don't KILL THE CAT FOR THE MEMES! I'm gonna make it that its a captial crime, equal to killing a human!"
    "HAHAH Mr.X gon' give it to ya (what?)
    Fuck dying, ahealing for it to kill marines on its own, X gon' deliver one death punch to ya (uh)!
    "No, marines can't be transhumanists, its against the rules, its being insane, you can't just want to be augmented"
    "LOL look how funny X-mass themed xenos and helmets we have! Atleast 3 whole weeks baby! Haha!"
    "What? CL creating his own state? LLLLLLL RRRRRR PPPPPPP!"
    "No, marines shouldn't use melee weapons against xenos, its LRP, thats why we nerf them all to discourage their use"
    "HAHA LOL! Throwing knive deals 100 damage now! 11-13 throwing knives to kill Queen, or pred, haha!"

Oh no! Cabal is just mean-spirited, no merit, just complains about cat, how stupid.
    I'm pretty sure nobody else cares about the cat room

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody else cares about the cat room
    And nobody cares about that post either, so win-win situation right here.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    And nobody cares about that post either, so win-win situation right here.
    I’ve never heard anybody in years of playing CM complain about the cat or HEFA knights. It’s just something fun that’s added in the lore which most people don’t know about. Just because they are used for events doesnt mean you can’t rp in a normal round

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ben11567 View Post
    I’ve never heard anybody in years of playing CM complain about the cat or HEFA knights. It’s just something fun that’s added in the lore which most people don’t know about. Just because they are used for events doesnt mean you can’t rp in a normal round
    People complained heavily about the retarded and short-sighted "Jones counts as a human in ML" change. Idk what CM you've been playing for "years" if you didn't notice that one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    People complained heavily about the retarded and short-sighted "Jones counts as a human in ML" change. Idk what CM you've been playing for "years" if you didn't notice that one.
    Hold my beer
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Funny cat can’t be harmed

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ben11567 View Post
    1. Nobody cares about people not reading lore, its their choice and its fair.
    2. Lore is supposed to be IC and HRP.
    3. I can't belive I have to explain that to someone with the mod rank, but: HEFA order existing in the code and being spawned as meme event - Not a problem. HEFA order existing in canon of CM, alongside WY Death Squad, UPP, CLF, predators, Queen Mother etc - LRP.
    4. ... No, I refuse to explain it further, its an insult to the rest of my sanity and 2 braincells left in my head to explain yet again why LRP in lore encourages LRP in game.
    5. Since you never heard, that has to mean that it never happened, got it, flawless logic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly the real shit ya gotta be complaining about is dumbass shit like the Carson Ghost event, stupid rounds like Captain Council rounds where admins make dumb ass captain votes into reality (like double bombing the LZ for funnies), and so many other things ive forgotten now but still were a problem

admins always like to harp about RP and how its being lost, but then pull dumbass events and when you complain about them its fine because Rule 0 and "I am an admin so its ok" attitude

thats what killed RP and started making people leave; retarded admin events and holier than thou attitude while punishing ACTUAL roleplayers who added a difference to the server (like windhealer)

its not the devs fault ok, thanks. this was my tedtalk for 2020