Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech webs is a good idea,

18 34.62%
  • Tech webs is a bad idea,

23 44.23%
  • I'll play more after tech webs.

12 23.08%
  • Tech webs is going to make me leave the community.

9 17.31%
  • Balance over features

14 26.92%
  • Features over balance

25 48.08%
  • We should pursue MOBA ideas

8 15.38%
  • We should not attempt to be a MOBA

26 50.00%
  • Roleplay over mechanics

24 46.15%
  • Mechanics over roleplay

17 32.69%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a bad idea

6 11.54%
  • Everything past perma-nest has been a good idea

5 9.62%
  • Some ideas past perma-nest has been a good idea

25 48.08%
  • I am seriously troubled the direction the game is taking

24 46.15%
  • I wholeheartedly love the direction the game is going

8 15.38%
  • the game will be fine any way the game is taken

8 15.38%
  • Gun play needs improvement

32 61.54%
  • Gun play is fine the way it is

9 17.31%
  • xenos is now boring

12 23.08%
  • xenos is enjoyable

25 48.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A Poll on current dev architecture & mainstream ideas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Cat lore excuse: Stupid, if marines break into CO office to kill the cat, punish marines for acting insane, don't add entire pages of excuses in IC.
    You're not even making a point you're just saying its stupid even when given logical reasonings as to why it exists, its like 1 or 2 sentences in ML saying it has human rights because its the fleet admirals cat. It (the ruling) isn't even that important or that big of a deal
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You're not even making a point you're just saying its stupid even when given logical reasonings as to why it exists, its like 1 or 2 sentences in ML saying it has human rights because its the fleet admirals cat. It (the ruling) isn't even that important or that big of a deal
    1 reason why its stupid - It was added to combat marines going out of their way to kill that cat.
    2 reason why its stupid - Why Fleet Admiral would leave his beloved pet in hands of the Falling Falcons battalion? Battalion that isn't known from competence.
    3 reason why its stupid - Cat didn't belong to previous, or current CO, thus Almayer just happened to have special room built for it as per millitary standards I assume.
    4 reason why its stupid - Just killing ARES (while not being insane) is less punishable than killing a pet (while being, or not being insane).
    5 reason why its stupid - Its stupid cat, why give it so much spotlight?
    6 reason why its stupid - It was born as a meme.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was done that way because the ends justify the means, and now, with a flick of a pen, there's some lore to justify some arbitrary auxiliary aspect of the game. That's all there is to it. It's the same reason why the 'lore' is that the actual USS Almayer CO died, and the in-game CO is just filling in; it's because it explains away the "ship/fleet lore", where COs design their own ship that they apparently captain rather than the USS Almayer (this is, of course, irreconcilable with the actual in-game situation, thus the lore change). The cat thing (largely) has nothing to do with the devs themselves, though. It was a contributor change, and barring some significant reason to deny it (which evidently the devs did not care to do), I doubt any thought was given to merging it.

To go back to another point:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    This "fundamental issue of dev architect itself" doesn't even exist because your understanding of what a dev architect actually is or does is entirely wrong. Architects from the start have always been about developing the gameplay aspect of CM, it has minimal if not nothing to do with roleplay elements.
    Dev changes impact the roleplay of the server. I don't really have a side on this one way or another, but the assertion that dev architects don't have oversight over RP is not correct. There's certainly counterarguments that can be made regarding Feweh's thought process, but this isn't one of them.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected many things in this comment section, a massive debate on the cat, the cat that barely does anything, is not what I was expecting i'll be honest.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    I expected many things in this comment section, a massive debate on the cat, the cat that barely does anything, is not what I was expecting i'll be honest.
    jones is more important than a human life
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Sizable means 5-15 people take note.
    Well yea, it means these are the peeps who actually bothered or care. Rest dont care, dont know or like myself am quite open. Are you gonna ask 4000+ peeps to vote? Or 400 even? Honestly, you are never gonna get a 100% accuracy, the poll is an indication. Would definitely help to know whos voting what.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    jones is more important than a human life
    No

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 12-22-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ngl jones dumb

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 reason why its stupid - It was added to combat marines going out of their way to kill that cat.
    2 reason why its stupid - Why Fleet Admiral would leave his beloved pet in hands of the Falling Falcons battalion? Battalion that isn't known from competence.
    3 reason why its stupid - Cat didn't belong to previous, or current CO, thus Almayer just happened to have special room built for it as per millitary standards I assume.
    4 reason why its stupid - Just killing ARES (while not being insane) is less punishable than killing a pet (while being, or not being insane).
    we get it, you wanna murder the cat. cool.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god a funny joke room that most marines never see in their lifetime is killing rp. But seriously if you criticise every bit of cm lore like this nothing will make sense. Why wouldn’t the admiral make a tiny room that their cat could sleep in, maybe it was just a small closet that was made comfier for their favourite pet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM is just another casualty of 2020, where good things turn to shit (though really its from years of changes slowly but surely driving people away). At this point we aren't ever getting back old CM unless someone literally makes a new server with the old code as its base (though the people who used to play were the reason why it was good). This server died to a lot of players when it became TDM and those players aren't ever coming back.

Looking at that memorial post someone made of all the people who used to play and I played with is just a reminder that it's time to move on, this server is different now and there's no turning back the clock.