Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutator Discussions

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Thing is I've been noticing is if you don't take meta mutators you're screwed. Had a round as an elder lurker with 2x health and armor buffs and a marine critted me with a three round burst from his pulse rifle. Probably had a barrel charger, but that ammo buff means if you don't take it you're toasted if you get hit.
    I called this on the old forum. I knew they would balance around mutators and make them completely pointless. The worst part is like you say, when you don't take the mutator now you are worse than ever because you die easier or are too slow or whatever. Mutators sound cool but I knew they would just screw up balance more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Then why do they have agility mode? LOL

Im not saying thing should go "fast" whatever that is. Im saying that they shouldnt be slower than a marine because that makes 0 sense. Marines counter to speed is range, not being able to outrun it. Yall seriously make no sense sometimes.
    You just answered your own question.

They have agility mode to balance around the fact that they have a instant bone break, stun, and long stun ability.

You have to go agility mode to escape; Warrior is all about positioning.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    You just answered your own question.

They have agility mode to balance around the fact that they have a instant bone break, stun, and long stun ability.

You have to go agility mode to escape; Warrior is all about positioning.
    And like I said young warriors with agility mode cant outrun a marine they are the same speed. So if its an escape ability it aint working at young. It gets decent at mature and pretty good at elite but that takes a lot of time to get to especially if you aren't round start. That's just one example of slow ass xenos though. Go play spitter and see how retarded their speed is without mutators.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please remove tackle from the chooseable flaws. We dont need to encourage crappy players to capture even less.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    And like I said young warriors with agility mode cant outrun a marine they are the same speed. So if its an escape ability it aint working at young. It gets decent at mature and pretty good at elite but that takes a lot of time to get to especially if you aren't round start. That's just one example of slow ass xenos though. Go play spitter and see how retarded their speed is without mutators.
    Thats the point, and is a issue that devs have yet to address.

ALL Xenos are ONLY good at MATURE; even T3's, which requires the longest to get to, is absolutely abysmal at Young (even with mutators).

The issue, then, is the base stats of Xenomorphs need to be tweaked so that Young have Mature stats, Mature have Elder, and Elder have Ancient; HOWEVER, make it LONGER to get there.

So at the BEGINNING, you are STRONG, but it now takes longer to get to meme-tier levels of one shot decaps.

The power creep curve of xenos is basically really fucking retarded as your either very weak (even as a T3) or you one hit or two hit delimb / decap at Mature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to try something new as a Queen. Capture hive.

Flawed damage, buffed tackle, speed and health(And larva maturation speed.)

Still kind of meh tackle, but the problem was how pissy everyone got about it. Like guys just try to play something different for a change. It's not like I flawed your health.

Still took the planet, but due to marines retreating with most of their forces intact and the fact we lost several dozen Young-Elder T1s doing stupid shit we were outnumbered on the Almayer.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to try something new as a Queen. Capture hive.

Flawed damage, buffed tackle, speed and health(And larva maturation speed.)

Still kind of meh tackle, but the problem was how pissy everyone got about it. Like guys just try to play something different for a change. It's not like I flawed your health.

Still took the planet, but due to marines retreating with most of their forces intact and the fact we lost several dozen Young-Elder T1s doing stupid shit we were outnumbered on the Almayer.
    I once as defender convinced Queen to disable host slashing. I was funny when xeno that was screaming the most about "nearly dying becouse he couldn't slash host" was just fucking around safely in hive. I was always saying that, xeno mains have thrist for blood and only that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I once as defender convinced Queen to disable host slashing. I was funny when xeno that was screaming the most about "nearly dying becouse he couldn't slash host" was just fucking around safely in hive. I was always saying that, xeno mains have thrist for blood and only that.
    The time is nigh for the Bill Carson of Queens to rise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -snip-
    That's pretty lame of the hive, could've been an amazing tactic to have that many spare larva.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a keystone mutator that makes you explode into a cloud like the boiler does.