User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which caste will devs ruin next?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drone

2 3.39%
  • Defender

1 1.69%
  • Runner

2 3.39%
  • Sentinel

12 20.34%
  • Burrower

5 8.47%
  • Hivelord

0 0%
  • Warrior

2 3.39%
  • Lurker

4 6.78%
  • Spitter

1 1.69%
  • Praetorian

3 5.08%
  • Crusher

2 3.39%
  • Ravager

4 6.78%
  • Boiler

12 20.34%
  • Queen

9 15.25%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which xeno will admins bury next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This takes a lot of the fun out of playing xeno. Why bother playing carrier when I can cancerously capture people ezpez as ancient sentinel at hyper speeds? At least drone still has mighty tackle and mighty slash. Hivelord combat is mostly dead until you are ancient. As much as I am a fan of teamwork, and as much as combat hugs are cancer, I feel like carrier especially can do with some kind of compensation.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    This takes a lot of the fun out of playing xeno. Why bother playing carrier when I can cancerously capture people ezpez as ancient sentinel at hyper speeds? At least drone still has mighty tackle and mighty slash. Hivelord combat is mostly dead until you are ancient. As much as I am a fan of teamwork, and as much as combat hugs are cancer, I feel like carrier especially can do with some kind of compensation.
    Most people who complained about combat hugging never played when we had real combat hugging. When every xeno could carry 2 face huggers. When lurkers (hunters) could pounce you then drop both facehuggers on you and instantly hug you. The playerbase is just not as tough as it used to be and everyone complains nonstop now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you rather them keep buffing marines and xenos back and forth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    Would you rather them keep buffing marines and xenos back and forth?
    I'd rather they just make every role have decent combat capacity. A carrier being worse than burrower is just a funny joke.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to long be on the side that Carrier is pretty mediocre now.

I understand nerfing combat hugs for drones, and maybe even Carrier, but that's generally their whole schtick.

The big problem with Carriers right now is that their throw is useless, i'm not saying it should be able to spam 50 combat hugs out at lightning speed, but my personal idea for Carrier has always been.
    1. Make it so throw infects if it directly hits a Marine
    2. Give it a large plasma cost + long ass cooldown

Bam, useful ability to occasionally use and it can't be spammed, so it can't solo a squad of people, but it can pop in and help occasionally IF they have good aim.

Anyways back on topic, the next Caste to be entirely nerfed will be Sentinel. Personally I hope the neurotoxin rework isn't a straight up nerf but more just a reworking to make it more reliable in general but less cancerous. Cause right now it's an RNG-fest that frustrates Xenos when it misses and frustrates Marines when it snipes them and perma-stuns them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Most people who complained about combat hugging never played when we had real combat hugging. When every xeno could carry 2 face huggers. When lurkers (hunters) could pounce you then drop both facehuggers on you and instantly hug you. The playerbase is just not as tough as it used to be and everyone complains nonstop now.
    People complained just as much with the old combat hugging system, seeing as all it revolved was running at light speed and tossing huggers at people until you hit them and then either decapped them or carried them away. Combat hugging was a cancer that I welcome the removal of but it now leaves a void to fill as the carrier lost its viability outside of an upgraded drone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only use of hugger throw right now is tossing them in boiler clouds. Otherwise you just make traps, follow sentinels, or stick to queenie for screech abuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This vote is offending me.

Do you really think we cannot ruin them all at once?

smh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rather than giving carrier combat hugging it just needs to be reworked so that it has combat viability without relying on a one click extremely long KO in addition to being able to stack mutators with pheromones. Also carrier should be able to throw huggers at downed marines to insta hug.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest i'd love to buff Carrier to hell and back but I also understand that 90% of the playerbase hates every single thing to do with huggers so I avoid blatantly being a carrier biased nerd.

Though yeah just make Carriers at least fun to play in their role. I understand nerfing combat hugging, combat hug slaps is smelly, but infecting is the T2's whole schtick and it should be like....... have options besides hiding behind everyone else and being a glorified egg.