Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: State of CM-13

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    To this day I have no logical explanation why would they remove maturation. It was well thought out, fun, added complexity, tactics. It was a big deal for survivors and for both sides how the fight went on. As a xeno I tried to survive long enough and gradually became more and more aggressive as I matured. As a marine you felt the pressure to kill them as fast as you can or risk having ancients and die horribly.

Sometimes I don't know what the devs are thinking. All it would take is an IN-GAME (not forum) vote after the round, like how would you like maturity removed? If 95% of players repeatedly vote NO to that...and they still remove it, than don't be surprise when Fulpstation overtakes CM in popularity as devs doing the exact opposite what players wants.
    Everyone liked the xenos getting strong aspect.. but no one liked waiting 10minutes as a T3 to be "viable". Or to have to be forced into a Weak T3 role because we "need a prae"... losing all your maturity.

Personally I think the problem with the marines is the same as the Xenos used to have.. they just have no time to build defenses before the hive rushes. Staff shouldnt have to step in and "stop" one side or the other.. the game should be tweaked so that doesnt happen as often.

To slow marine rushes.. Xeno defense building should be free for X amount of minutes.. so you can actually build up the cave and nests.

To slow xeno rushes.. part of the map should be on "lockdown" prior to marines pushing some kind of a button. For example LVL, the entire nexus was "emergency locked down" with unmeltable shutters/walls. The xenos cannot get in until marines remove the lockdown (or it automatically removes like at 12:30).

I mean this is why LVL is one of the best maps in a lot of people's eyes (mine included).. the fog allows both sides to skirmish a bit.. but provides some time for both sides to build up a foothold.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think byond is the best engine to unfuck cm, lets just hope ss14 comes along and does its thing
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The increased evo rate and no maturity honestly screwed most of the balance and enjoyability out of the survivor/marine side of things, sure not having to wait until mature is nice but the effects of that weren't really of thought of for the opposite side now I can quite often watch xeno's slap marine down before they event get a FOB up and I'm not even going to bother mentioning FOB gameplay most of the depth got stripped out of that over the years and cades got nerfed to the ground due to "Cade hug bad".

Xeno wise current state I'd say is a improvement a lot more depth and tools to use (xeno structures, strains) all castes are fairly strong or ridiculous good in the right hands due to the game heading in a skill based direction, rather than what it used to be (which was knowledge and tactics based), it's hard to off the top of my head thing of any complaints xeno wise.

Overall I'd honestly readd maturity but in a different way have it as hive maturity, so every xeno's maturity matches the queens, die and come back, maturity is still the same as the queens, evo in to a rav, still have same maturity as before, maturity rates would have to be tweaked a bit or old young stats increased but I think it would be a positive change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any form of voting would be skewed because 80% of the server plays marines and would be hesitant to any xeno buff even if they desperately need it. Hell, the players themselves don't even know whether a caste needs buff or not, they just see a good player kill them with that caste and think that it's OP.

Seriously, when the burrower was first released, it had carrier stats copy pasted over and it couldn't even dig tunnels or fill its own traps. It only had slashing and burrow and marines still thought it was broken just because of the xeno pop getting inflated due to people wanting to play the new xeno. There was not a single change to any of the other castes and marines still lost 5 rounds in a row just due to the inflated xeno pop. And of course, people thought burrower was OP solely due to the fact that they see a burrower getting into the cockpit and slashing an AFK PO for free (still took 5 slashes for a broken bone, that's how pathetic its stats were)

Here's a funny thing for you all to consider. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT WITH THE GAME. Me neither, that's why I just welcome any changes and I don't spend my time whining about some old features the game used to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I don't think you quite grasp term "at their strongest" and when that occurs.
    It means that they have the most power, supplies, numbers and potential.
    And it isn't immediately when they drop as per LV example. Lets imagine a special round of LV. First is that Fog drops as soon as first drop lands. On the second round it drops as per usuall, by 12:35.

Second round lets marines build LZ FoB and Hydro FoB. First leaves them without any chance to cade Hydro and about a minute to do anything to LZ.
    Now in which round marines are stronger if they are perfectly identical with only one difference as mentioned before?
    Obviously (should be) and objectively one has to say: On the round where they had time to cade both LZ and Hydro.

And why is that? Because beno hive can be easly relocated. Where is Queen, there is Hive. In a scenario where marines have 0 defences and simply rush caves, benos can move somewhere else and attack uncaded LZ.

Again: First drop marines without any casualities + Caded LZ and/or FoB >>>>> First drop marines without any casualities.
    So it means that marines aren't at their strongest when they drop. That requires a bit of time.
    Even still without any cades like I mentioned earlier, marines have a surplus of OB's, cas and various other means to make up for lack of cades. Could they be at their strongest with barricades? debatable but personally to me it's what they do offensive wise that will give marines a chance to win. Cades are all dandy until they have no choice but to hold them in a defensive form. Thus turning their "strength" (cades) into a deterrence as it will only delays the attacks on xenomorphs until a flank is found and thats, that for marines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    Even still without any cades like I mentioned earlier, marines have a surplus of OB's, cas and various other means to make up for lack of cades. Could they be at their strongest with barricades? debatable but personally to me it's what they do offensive wise that will give marines a chance to win. Cades are all dandy until they have no choice but to hold them in a defensive form. Thus turning their "strength" (cades) into a deterrence as it will only delays the attacks on xenomorphs until a flank is found and thats, that for marines.
    I can tell you right now if you play xeno enough, you know the marines are the strongest when they are pushing. You sinply can't stop 20 marines when they are refusing to hold and fall back. They are willing to secrifice as many as needed for the kills. That's why 90% of time after fog drops (low-pop excluded) marines will push barrens and xenos can't do shit against it. Maybe they even walled up, so what OB and keep pushing.

As for his example, good question. As we sometimes have bridge gap and marines can still hold. No sane xeno would push against so many marines, it's suicide.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're a xeno main or a marine main your opinion gets put in the bin because your view is too narrow to mean anything on a grand scale.

Real gamers play both sides and know what works and what doesn't by experiencing it from both perspectives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically both sides need to be at top shape when they meet.

I do agree that the fact we need to spend alot of time prepping for drop is rather outdated considering other alternative servers provide you everything from the moment you step into your prep. I always though this was a thing to give time xenos to mature whilst marines spend more time on ship. But things are different now...

There's also been times where sweaty xeno players would rush into Lz to wipe out less then an handful of marines on FOB duty on low pop or even steal the comms crate that could pretty much end the round for the marines if successful. Perhaps we could try to replicate what TGMC does. TGMC has unbreakable podlocks for each LZ, helps the marines to setup the cadeline before permanently opening them. Because if you play marines, you know majority of them will leave the FOB (on FOB duty or not) and move on to the meta location everytime.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    Right, but there are people on lowpop that like the less than 1 hour long intense firefights, and even the 10 minute blitz, and thats not just me, lots of people that don't have their voices heard on the forums. I don' care about boasting to the opposing time as I play both sides and I find the blitz much more appealing, maybe cause I just watch youtube videos while I wait for the dropship to go down
    As someone who mainly played low-pop until MOBA came out last year, I can say those claims about what people in lowpop prefer are completely unfounded and absurd. Actually- the reality is the opposite. A lot of us low-pop mains *left* the game or started playing in high-pop instead because the 10 minute speed-runs or rounds that end in 12:40 just compleeeetely sucks. It's not fun. I have a feeling you don't have the full picture on how pointless and meaningless speed-runs might be. Low-pop used to be special because you had such a small player-base that knew each other so well and the rounds were meaningful and lengthy- full of life, action and story for both sides usually. And then MOBA and all other changes since then happened. Honestly I am almost insulted that you would think us low-pop mains or former low-pop mains would be wanting speed-run rounds.

Prepping for 20 minutes to play 5 minutes is not fun for all involved- marines or xenos, and are bluntly a waste of time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    metarushing does not exist for either side short of hive camping the LZ and their should be no staff policing of round flow imo