User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Has A Reason ... And Now I Do Too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    The issue is SADARs are somewhat notorious for being "secure the kill at any cost" players: they see 2-3 gibbed Marines as acceptable losses if they manage to put down a T3 to do it and will even risk killing themselves because they need to kill everything they see.
    But that's because this is genuinely the case. A single good T3 xeno can roll through 20+ marines on their own. SADAR killing 2-3 people (Who will most likely be revived shortly after) is absolutely acceptable if it means killing a single T3. SADAR isn't all that important early game, but mid-late game marines are actually 100% fucked without the SADAR around because he's the only thing capable of putting down elder or god-forbid ancient, T3's.

I don't really like this, but it's the way the game is right now. Anyone a SADAR kills in the process of getting a T3 kill is an acceptable casualty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Yes because a good T3 player can wipe out 20 marines, so 3 gibbed marines is acceptable casualties when the alternative is 20 dead marines. As a SADAR player, you must see every T3 kill as an entire squad saved from death, as you always assume the T3 you killed is half way competent.
    Sadly I've seen that mentality also take hold when a wild runner appears about 4 minutes after the alamo lands the first time. Blew away our medic and some rando while decapping another marine. It's not exactly something I'd like to see but it has sadly become a necessity at times, even when incidents from less robust players occur. Hopefully they learn from the mistake (or the lynching)

Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    But that's because this is genuinely the case. A single good T3 xeno can roll through 20+ marines on their own. SADAR killing 2-3 people (Who will most likely be revived shortly after) is absolutely acceptable if it means killing a single T3. SADAR isn't all that important early game, but mid-late game marines are actually 100% fucked without the SADAR around because he's the only thing capable of putting down elder or god-forbid ancient, T3's.

I don't really like this, but it's the way the game is right now. Anyone a SADAR kills in the process of getting a T3 kill is an acceptable casualty.
    I don't think many are all that happy with what is deemed "acceptable loses" right now, one can only hope something happens in the thinking around this mentality that doesn't involve completely gimping something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delta used to only be hated because before we had squad preferences squad roles would be filled out in order from alpha to delta. This meant delta generally didn't have any medics, engineers or an SL back when hipop hours still were under 80 players and you'd be lucky to have 4 engineers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    Sadly I've seen that mentality also take hold when a wild runner appears about 4 minutes after the alamo lands the first time. Blew away our medic and some rando while decapping another marine. It's not exactly something I'd like to see but it has sadly become a necessity at times, even when incidents from less robust players occur. Hopefully they learn from the mistake (or the lynching)

I don't think many are all that happy with what is deemed "acceptable loses" right now, one can only hope something happens in the thinking around this mentality that doesn't involve completely gimping something.
    I really wish this mentality changed too, but right now, we are too spec dependent to be anything else. Till Spec kits or some other way of getting specs is put in, or normal marines are given more powerful options, we essentially rely on Specs to do anything reliable outside of Unga rushes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This the problem with many marines, STOP BEING SO SELF CARING. You are a cog in the marine machine, you go in and die by either FF or being bait for others.

The greatest honor in the game is to be bait for the SADAR, to be gibbed while taking 4 xenos down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brought to you by Charlie Gang. Represent

I've played most squads and in every one Deltards will shoot you and not give a fuck. They're literally low brow, sloped head, incognizant goons. Even Alpha has marines trying their best. Delta is just no conscious autopilot mode that loots you while you're being revived. Their only edge is being the the squad with the most people in it.

And yes. I say this because they've FFed me. Abundantly actually. So welcome to the hate Delta squad.
    Last edited by Challade; 02-07-2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying SADAR while having multiple xenos in front of you and one silly Spec being gangbanged, downed and high probability to get drag in and capture with them?

Target accepted.

Wheeze.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF them before they FF you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why Delta should be the go-to FOB squad.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine getting in the way of deltas destroying aliens and winning the game, then coming on the forums and telling everyone how much you blew it.