Their BYOND Key
    Silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    06:50
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules,
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    Left the dropship as queen during hijack in order to stay behind and fight a predator which kept running away from the hive. Round up till then was a stomp in xeno favor, with hijack being like, 12 xenos vs 16 marines so it was fair to assume they can handle it.

Got banned for 180 hours for "mechanic abuse", despite leaving dropship on hijack being a rather common practice.
    Staff member in question also accused me of griefing, because I had no clue they cant build a pool up there (despite being able to make the core just fine).

Im also pretty sure he didnt understand my answers, as he "didnt believe me" when i told him that there's a solid IC reason to stay behind - as its Kutjevo and there's no way back, the queen going up would mean the death of the hive. Unless he meant that he didnt believe I stayed to fight a pred? Silly either way.

Hive ended up dying shipside because of unlucky RNG(?) with Feral Hive assisting marines.
    Dunno why the ban was necessary, he also brought up some note history of mechanic abuse (literally 1 note, I guess forrest didnt include my reasoning in the note and made it sound malicious? Unsure why else would this be escalated into a ban)
    Evidence
    Banned so cant really provide any.
    How you would punish the accused
    Idk, tell him to chill out a bit and relearn the rules and escalation maybe.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to run this down again as I did in PMs to you, along with some personal additions:

- You left the Dropship at hijack on Kutjevo when you were down to 13 xenos. You spoke in the Hivemind numerous times that you know that it means the Marines can't reach you anymore. You specifically gloated that they can't kill you so they can't kill the hive.

- When is leaving the DS AFTER you hijack it and send it up as queen a "common practice?" That's blatantly untrue.

- Your choice deprived your hive of the pool and the larva surge. They were massacred by the feral Xenos that were called a random ERT. You probably cost your hive their victory shipside.

- You have multiple recent notes on your account about trying to abuse xeno mechanics, including one very recent one when you abused the banishment mechanic. You were heavily warned back then not to abuse xeno mechanics, which this clearly is.

- You are a seasoned Xeno player and there is no way, by my assessment, that you didn't know what doing this means. Yes, you did give me a flimsy IC reason, but there is no way you didn't know what this means mechanically.

I told you via DMs very clearly that having an IC reason for mechanics grief is not relevant. Since you were literally warned about abusing queen mechanics last week I believe, I applied a 180 minute ban per our punishment escalation rules.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I gloated as part of the IC reasoning, as I figured I should at least try to RP it out to a degree, even though I just wanted to fight the pred.

Im not aware of having any recent notes about abusing mechanics on xeno? I was not contacted about being noted for anything the past few months as far as I remember outside of the one last week.

Leaving the DS after hijacking is a common practice amongst xenos, I have not seen it done as a queen but if it wasnt mechanic abuse the gorillion times it was done before, I do not see why would it be abuse now.

Yeah im a seasoned xeno player and when I look at 12(13?) xenos vs 16 marines shipside (scan) I know they shouldnt have any difficulty winning after stomping the round, its not my fault the 1% feral XRT got rolled, and the round outcome didnt seem to change anyway, its still listed as a xeno major. Mechanically it means.. nothing, actually? I mean I had no clue they cant make a pool, but I didnt really expect them to need one given the numbers being what they were. Round progressed without issue, xenos just got skill issued up there. Aint my fault and aint my responsibility - hardcarrying the xeno team every step of the way aint required of a queen.

Also, upon checking with the rules
    Rule 5. Mechanical Exploits
    Do not abuse bugs or unintended features to gain an unfair advantage for yourself or your team. Xenos should not be moving structures/crates across the map for cover or moving fuel tanks to specific locations to blow them up.
    Im unsure if I broke rule 5 since neither me nor my team could have possibly gained any advantage from this.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDarkness View Post
    Yeah, I gloated as part of the IC reasoning, as I figured I should at least try to RP it out to a degree, even though I just wanted to fight the pred.

Im not aware of having any recent notes about abusing mechanics on xeno? I was not contacted about being noted for anything the past few months as far as I remember outside of the one last week.

Leaving the DS after hijacking is a common practice amongst xenos, I have not seen it done as a queen but if it wasnt mechanic abuse the gorillion times it was done before, I do not see why would it be abuse now.

Yeah im a seasoned xeno player and when I look at 12(13?) xenos vs 16 marines shipside (scan) I know they shouldnt have any difficulty winning after stomping the round, its not my fault the 1% feral XRT got rolled, and the round outcome didnt seem to change anyway, its still listed as a xeno major. Mechanically it means.. nothing, actually? I mean I had no clue they cant make a pool, but I didnt really expect them to need one given the numbers being what they were. Round progressed without issue, xenos just got skill issued up there. Aint my fault and aint my responsibility - hardcarrying the xeno team every step of the way aint required of a queen.

Also, upon checking with the rules

Im unsure if I broke rule 5 since neither me nor my team could have possibly gained any advantage from this.
    You denied marines a shipside victory (which didn't happen regardless, but that's not what's important here) by removing yourself completely form the hijack phase.

Marines couldn't reach you. Xenos sure as hell still reaped the benefits of having hivemind and you around to watch them. And you did this on Kutjevo, the one map that you KNEW they couldn't even take a DS back. Additionally you did this after you knew all remaining groundside xenos were killed mechanically when the hijack starts.

If the CIC found a way of making it somehow so xenos can't breach it during hijack, it would be an issue, no?

I still refuse to believe that a player of your experience is not aware of this, hence the ban.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 06-22-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they killed all shipside xenos they would have won, regardless of me being alive or not though? Anything not on the ship doesnt count.

I dont see how the map matters here? Are you saying they could have re-deployed and attempted to kill me after DS1 left? lol

I guess yeah having a hivemind is a benefit, but it doesnt outweight actually having screech to end the game in a matter of minutes. And im not sure why mention my experience if you're going to suggest I coulda somehow died as queen, having near equal numbers to marines. Even if numbers were more in marine favor I really cant see having perma hivemind over screech/pool/queen pheros as an actual advantage.

If they found a way to make CIC unbreachable thats a different issue altogether as it doesnt let the round progress and it'd only result in IC action of removing whatever blockades they managed to create, as is often the case.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am handling this on the behalf of @Doctorprobe69 after speaking with him, and Management as a whole about it.

The ban is absolutely valid. The Queen may not hijack and then leave the dropship for any reason. This has always been forbidden, as you're effectively just griefing your own team. If you're not ready to hijack, do not hijack.

The only wrongdoing we are able to find is that silencer_pl did not also count this as a griefing incident and LRP.

If there are any questions about this, feel free to contact me on Discord.

Resolved - No action taken, silencer_pl spoken to about this being LRP and grief as well as an unintended use of a mechanic.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???