User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown - Rule 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolth View Post
    In that case, it was fully RP since you acknowledge having an IC reason as much as I had. Boom, not griefing. This server is MRP and stripping people off boots or uniform then running away is considered banter and not griefing, especially since I didn't take anything. But we don't just go and use lethal on people for it, because that is against the rules.
    Your actions aren't proportional. According to the logic you are using I would have been free to kill you, because your reasoning seems to be that a IC reason to do something minor IRL allows you to do anything to the involved person IG.
    Whenever I get boinked I get told 'you wouldn't do this IRL'. You wouldn't take somebodies clothes off in an argument.

And yeah, it is a valid reason. That's called bullying and your character deserved it. You got yourself in an IC arguing because your character didn't mind their own business and you missed the shuttle on your own, I didn't force you to miss it. You willfully didn't board it.
    You caused me to 'willfully' not board the shuttle by not telling me that you had the turret until it was too late to get onto the DS. All your actions are out of proportion just as much as mine were. The only difference is, just as I said before, that you griefed instead of shot.

Careful there with the flaming/toxicity. I don't know you neither you do know me, stay respectful as it's stated when you posted this initially.
    How ironic, I largely used the same words and used the same tone as you and you call it toxic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GradusNL View Post
    Your actions aren't proportional. According to the logic you are using I would have been free to kill you, because your reasoning seems to be that a IC reason to do something minor IRL allows you to do anything to the involved person IG.
    Whenever I get boinked I get told 'you wouldn't do this IRL'. You wouldn't take somebodies clothes off in an argument.

You caused me to 'willfully' not board the shuttle by not telling me that you had the turret until it was too late to get onto the DS. All your actions are out of proportion just as much as mine were. The only difference is, just as I said before, that you griefed instead of shot.

How ironic, I largely used the same words and used the same tone as you and you call it toxic.

How ironic, pranking someone over a fight isn't proportional yet you're the one who decided to roast me alive because I took your toy?
    My logic is simple, follow the rules. You do not use lethal on someone unless they used knife ando/or lethal first otherwise it's an improper escalation. And griefing is randomly pissing off players, I pissed off your character because of what your character did, with no malicious intent toward you as a player and furthermore YOU are the one responsible since YOU jumped in the fight which did NOT involve YOU. Do not piss off other players ICly if you can't deal with your own actions afterward.
    Which is NOT griefing.

Anything else?

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dolth; 02-11-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, quit the bickering. If you don't have anything to add to the report itself, please wait until it's resolved.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts with the insults have been removed, if you can't stay respectful you'll just catch a forum infraction as well here. If there's nothing more to actually add then don't post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GradusNL. We don't take the law into our own hands without consequences. If you attack a guy with a wrench without saying anything for a situation you were uninvolved with you can expect equal retaliation against you. He could have pulled out a knife and stabbed you. He didn't. He knocked you down and grabbed your turret. Exactly 1 minute and 25 seconds passed between Dolthgar knocking you down and you flaming him. That leads me to believe it was either a close chase, or Dothgar didn't move much. Which in turn leads me to believe he wasn't trying to hide it from you. He himself says he was waiting for you outside the DS. Him taking the item, but then returning it to a another Engineer in your squad further supports this.

Don't take the law into your own hands. The MPs are there for a reason. Use them. I find it weird that you say you didn't want to call the MPs on him earlier because he might miss out on a few minutes of play time but then you want him banned for a few days. Between this and the childish bickering in this report this makes it just feel like a very angry report with little substance behind it.

Dolthgar. We don't strip marines for pranks in briefing. We don't take their boots. That's not MRP. That's LRP and stupid as hell. Stop doing it.