Yuri Gennady Gregorovich
    Their BYOND Key
    silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Today just few minutes ago
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    Description of the incident
    This is a complete failure to handle an entire situation after a ban in a discord.

Summary: gabo was discord banned for saying the word xiggs, to which I asked the question how xiggs was even a banned word from Frozen and silencer_pl who were in the discord at the time. The answer I got from frozen was that contextually it can be considered to be racist. The issue was not cleared at the time of the discussion and Gabo was eventually unbanned.

The discussion was ongoing at the time of writing this report but that is not really what I am reporting on.

I am reporting on the absolute failure on silencer_pl to handle the entire situation up to the matter of professionalism.

Context: I am trying to get the answer from silencer_pl and frozen still, and frozen disclosed that he was in a train somewhere. I remained civilised as much as I can.

1. Not explaining the situation/justifying the ban. Despite the fact that the discussion was ongoing and frozen just said that the chat is open to discussion. Silencer retreats to the explanation given by Frozen without much explanation. (Note: Gabo was eventually unbanned, so the issue wasnt final). I got no answer, accused of warn baiting by another mod but we cleared that up, and eventually I had to take the issue to Frozen only.

2. Responding with accusations. Silencer_pl, in the middle of an actual serious discussion, started accusing me of jumping into conclusion on another matter. This further made her dodge the question and respond to my question to her with an accusation, despite the fact I asked a serious genuine question.

3. Responding with a snarky remark.

To the manager in question, is it professional to:
    1. To clear an issue posed by members of the community, to once and for all make a clear ruling and explanation on the matter on a civilised manner, by refusing to answer questions?
    2. Encourage civilise discussion by shutting down civilised discussion? Thereby condemning all other mods into losing their chance to even be reasonable to the community?
    3. Respond unprofessionally when the members of community not only wants further clarification and explanation from the staff in question?
    4. Respond with their commitment to further their agenda on the matter and not trying to discuss reasonably with members of the community
    5. Attempt to discuss behind closed doors and not try to be open to members of the community whom you are serving.
    6. Standards of handling, there is no standards. She didnt even say take it to management or whatever, and responded dismally. The issue wasnt resolved mind you, Gabo got unbanned. If the issue was unresolved why does she act like it has been resolved?
    7. By giving a person a position of staff with power, does it give them a reason to be absolutely disrespectful to members of the community? Is it a professional conduct to tell the community to piss of or attempt maneuver tactics to avoid a discussion? She didnt even say she dont want a discussion until much, much later so she clearly wanted a discussion in her own method between the time of the ban up to the time she said she doesnt want to be pinged..

I know MP training may have confused the staff in question with how things are done with the community and being a staff but this is no excuse.

If this is how staff responds when the community wants to discuss with staff then why do you even want to expect the community should be respectful to staff?
    Evidence
    Refer to the discord logs in question
    How you would punish the accused
    Put her in a chair and teach her the meaning of professionalism and standards in staff in a 4 hour seminar. She does not act as an MP in the discord, she is the discord mod. And CM staff has standards to follow whether she likes it or not. Re-read Code of Conduct no 2.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I explained what I wanted to explain on Discord already. This interaction and my comment to you did not start with the mentioned ban discussion but much earlier and honeslty for reasons that I still do not understand. I tried to get you to explain them to me, but you never cared to provide an answer to me.

If you are wondering why I stopped treating you seriously, you made it easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post

I know MP training may have confused the staff in question with how things are done with the community and being a staff but this is no excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Put her in a chair and teach her the meaning of professionalism and standards in staff in a 4 hour seminar. She does not act as an MP in the discord, she is the discord mod. And CM staff has standards to follow whether she likes it or not. Re-read Code of Conduct no 2.
    You threw the same "MP brain" comment on the discord as well before you turned towards the other discussion that I never intended or wanted to be a part of and in no way was I obligated to do so.

I'm sorry, the moment someone starts to insult me for no reason whatsoever (again that was before we even diverted to the topic of the ban in question) I generally withdraw from the conversation, which is what I did. Only your relentless pinging kept bringing me back, which I literally had to yell at you to stop.

You, by the way refused to stop even after I asked you to do so and had to be reprimanded.

This was not "staff responding to community who had genuine questions". This was me tired of your constant pinging after you started to insult me after I asked you to please tell me what is your problem with me if memory serves right.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    I explained what I wanted to explain on Discord already. This interaction and my comment to you did not start with the mentioned ban discussion but much earlier and honeslty for reasons that I still do not understand. I tried to get you to explain them to me, but you never cared to provide an answer to me.

If you are wondering why I stopped treating you seriously, you made it easy for me.
    Learn to separate issue from personal.

The last round chat opens and begins WITH the term used XIGGS. Context of the conversation is about term usage. I never called you out on MP brain in the entire conversation. You are using a separate conversation and separate issue to justify yourself

When I say ML I mean your reading philosophy and interpretation. When you read ML you tend to mind things with RP, player community, and OOC rulings as well as other factors shipside ingame. When I refer to you reading too much ML I am referring to your frame of mind when you read something.

For example, since you started with the previous convo, you asked me to show you evidence of your prior conversation which I did with regards to another person, and you were going so? I showed you the evidence and am trying to say that if that guy wants to ping discord staff to warrant a ban that's on him. My personal opinion on this is that you took this personally and took a superior stance on the whole matter.

Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    You threw the same "MP brain" comment on the discord as well before you turned towards the other discussion that I never intended or wanted to be a part of and in no way was I obligated to do so.

I'm sorry, the moment someone starts to insult me for no reason whatsoever (again that was before we even diverted to the topic of the ban in question) I generally withdraw from the conversation, which is what I did. Only your relentless pinging kept bringing me back, which I literally had to yell at you to stop.

You, by the way refused to stop even after I asked you to do so and had to be reprimanded.

This was not "staff responding to community who had genuine questions". This was me tired of your constant pinging after you started to insult me after I asked you to please tell me what is your problem with me if memory serves right.
    If you view me asking you questions as an insult it is super troubling indeed. Do all questions pose as an insult? Is this how you should view things? I got called out for worse like MP main and those are actual insults from people of the community. If you treat people's questions as an insult to base your decision to break Code of Conduct no 2, which you have just admitted, then you truly need to calm down and think over.

2. That conversation ended, a new conversation begins. Why are you tying 2 conversations together when in the second conversation I was asking YOU and FROZEN about a ban incident in discord?

3. I was under the impression the conversation is going, you didnt even say you are going to stop until you said stop pinging me. Without communicating the fact that you wanted the discussion to stop up till the point you said stop pinging me, you expect me to know that you wanted a conversation to stop? What am I? Telepathic?

4. No where did I say you suck, you are trash, you are tranny, a horrible mod, discord janny, disgraceful staff member, you illiterate and the like. I gave you criticisms on big issues of the matter and you took them as insults. And not only you took them as insults, you use it as an excuse to violate CoC no 2.

5. You just said in the discord we hardly interacted, do you expect me to know you will withdraw from conversations when you are being insulted in your frame of mind and context?

6. You were reprimanded, and it doesnt give a clue that there is something to be polished? Everyone messes up, we all have to swallow our pride at some point and have to improve. I dont expect you to be a lawyer or an engineer but this attitude to the whole situation is rather distasteful. If I give other people this attitude when I PO bombed my own marines or messed up surgery/medic I would be flogged by the community and probably warned by staff for griefing depending on the situation.

7. I already told you the problem, let the evidence speak for itself. Xiggs is banned yes or no? If yes, why? If no, why in the nine hells is Gabo unbanned? Either a. Staff internally made a uniformed decision about it and has proper explanation or b. you messed up, and you are not admitting it.

8. You explained nothing.

9. I find it also distasteful that in the middle of the whole unresolved issue you poked at the fact that there is internal bias in staff which literally came out of nowhere. What does that have to do with the convo? Did you disagree being reprimanded? Is that a borderline attempt to bait warning from the staff/criticise your which your colleague accused me of supposed baiting?

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest here. I've completely lost track of what your complaint here is, again.

Instead, I'll leave this:

This is you, asking questions.

I have given my take to what I could from the original post. I don't think there is much more for me to say unless whoever is handling this has more questions.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 07-12-2021 at 07:05 AM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, maybe I summarise it so that it is simpler.

It is about your handling after Gabo was 'banned', apparently he said its not what whatever.

My very opening of this report stated this clearly. Nowhere was this about the previous convo

I think this evidences that Silencer_pl does not want to answer question and dodges it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be real here.
    I witnessed most of this conversation first hand and I've gone back over the logs a few times to try and fully understand what was being said by everyone involved.

What's pretty obvious to me at least, is that Silencer obviously didn't want to continue this conversation. Could it be interpreted as unprofessional with how they exited the conversation? Sure. But at the end of the day, they're a volunteer and that it's pretty unreasonable for them to have to cop you being rude to them.

I've spoken to Silencer and it's also pretty obvious that they were tired, overworked and quite frankly not quite with it after a day of having to deal with discord drama. Should they have let another discord member handle it and done better to stay out of the situation? Sure. I reckon it could have been handled better.

All that being said, this thread is just continuing the argument and the nastiness that was expressed earlier. Neither side is going to agree with the other perspective.
    Casada, I'm sure it feels like you're just voicing your opinion on staff unprofessionalism. On the other side, I'm sure Silencer just thinks that you're continuing to yell at them.

Put her in a chair and teach her the meaning of professionalism and standards in staff in a 4-hour seminar. She does not act as an MP in the discord, she is the discord mod. And CM staff has standards to follow whether she likes it or not. Re-read Code of Conduct no 2.
    This is the outcome you wanted from this report. Thankfully I've already spoken to Silencer and they've admitted firstly they should have left Gabo to another staff member and secondly that they could have handled it better.

I don't think a 4-hour seminar is necessary.
    At the same time, you need to reflect on how you acted in this conversation. To put it simply, it was unacceptably rude, and it grossly overshadows any points you were trying to make.