User Tag List

Thread: Stan_albatross - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stan_albatross - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Stan_albatross
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Xeno KA / Karl Karlsson / Maxwell
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    N/a
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xeno, Queen
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Grimreaperx15
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    On Tg for 3 days once, nothing else above 24hrs
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    As a runner boarded the Almayer after first drop and rushed to medbay to destroy autodocs. Warned for metatargetting. Next offense will be a ban. (1st note)

Banned for 180 minutes | Metagaming. Player immediately went and destroyed the OB APC less than 5 minutes after the previous note. Xeno jobban being applied as well.

Banned from Queen, Xenomorph - As above.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/a
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    After taking a long break from the game and getting back into it I feel this is the right time to appeal this ban.

I fully recognise that both of the things I did were against the rules - destroying the autodocs directly so, and then destroying the APC , while in theory permissible due to xenos normally being allowed to, not in this case as it was destroyed with metagaming/malicious intent. I regret doing both.

I've refamiliarised myself with the xeno rules on metagaming so this won't happen again, and additionally I don't plan to try get on the Almayer as xeno again. At the time I was extremely annoyed with the game and this led me to try get onto the Almayer every round, which I now see was quite metagamey and poor quality behaviour.

In the future I'll make sure to play xeno as intended to, rather than trying to get shipside.

While I don't really like xeno gameplay that much and don't really have any plans on playing it more in future I'd still like to have this ban lifted, as I feel I'm a better player now and can follow the rules when playing as xeno. (As I've been able to follow the rules as marine roles and synth too).

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal assigned to an admin for review

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! Your appeal is ACCEPTED! If you still can't play xenos in a few minutes from now, send me a DM here, ingame or on the discord.
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 08-25-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)