Silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    20:20 CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    Marines placed claymores on Normandy before first drop, I ahelped hoping they'd be removed and marines would get a MOOC not to do this as its against the metagaming rule.

Sadly nothing was done regarding them and the admin argued that its fine because they seem like they're going to be more beneficial to xenos than to marines.
    Evidence
    https://streamable.com/6ri8lv

Admittedly there used to be a 3rd claymore in my view but I've no clue what happened to it, so maybe silencer did take action, just not nearly enough.
    How you would punish the accused
    Idk I thought this is going to be a very simple case as I ahelped this sort of thing way back aswell. Kind of ridiculous I have to take it to the forums when the person handling it wasnt a TMod, but an admin.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The offending one (1) claymore, not claymores was removed and I made an ARES announcement about it. You reported only one to and I took care of that and warned Marines ICly not to leave claymores on the dropship. As far as I looked later, they were all removed which is what I suggested you do about it in the first place (or suggest to others that they do it ICly.) I did not see a reason to make an additional mooc about it, as I still thought it was more of an IC blunder than anything else.

I literally suggested that you try and resolve this ICly but you refused. Since the matter was solved and I genuinely did not see any other claymores on the DS after I removed the first one, I considered the matter solved.

EDIT: I still maintain that marines putting a claymore inside the dropship in 95% situations is more likely to do more damage to them than anyone else is a IC issue as long as not done maliciously, but it did not seem like this was done to grief.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 10-06-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure I mentioned "claymoreS" when I ahelped. Im not ahelping to be told to solve OOC rule breaks in an IC manner - absolutely ridiculous that you even suggest I do that. If I wanted to solve it ICly I would have done it without pressing the ahelp button or MHelped about how to defuse claymores instead. Sadly I dont have the full recording and it is possible I missed your ARES message as I was typing my last response - however if that was not the case then ARES message was typed so late that it never reached anyone planetside - aka the offenders, so you might aswell haven't done anything.

Idk maybe you should have asked how many claymores there were or investigated it somehow? Pretty sure whoever planted them should still be noted for metagaming, no? And since when does it matter whose team benefits from rulebreaks - if you believe that a player's respective team will not benefit from a player breaking rules then that means it all becomes IC issue? And how do you know it wasnt griefing if you havent investigated anything?

Gonna be disappointed if you wont be going back to trial mod at least - gotta wonder how many players got "IC issued" this way when ahelping legitimate rule breaks. Not only did I have to tell you how to deal with it it but even then you couldnt deal with it properly. Nor do I actually understand why are you still arguing your point if you ended up enforcing it the way I wanted - pretty much admitting that you knew you were wrong, through your own actions?

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These seem to be all the logs pertaining to this that seem to possibly have relevance. Unless I missed something there should not be any more logs relating to this at all.

The ahelp exchange with the take off time of the DS, and the take off time of it going back up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some complaints about this and the decision to make the SR.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Possible claymores near or on the DS, I would have to manually verify the coordinates in-game to be sure. Map appears to be Shivas Snowball, based on the previous vote. I do not know when these were placed. Will update this section if/when i get a chance to check them

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 10-06-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://streamable.com/46f2ki - lenghtened clip from evidence section, to make sure its clear that no ARES announce was heard by anyone on normandy.

I'd also like to point out that going by logs it wasnt even a warning not to do it by ARES, just a note that the explosives are there. If handling rule breaks ICly you should still at least make sure people know a rule was broken/something which shouldnt have happened has happened, otherwise I'd hardly call it handled.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first line of clip below for ingame timestamp
    2021/10/05: [20:18:21]SAY: Hunter Stanford [1]: Blueeee. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Squad Smartgunner)

Line to timestamp the 2nd half of the orignal vids.
    2021/10/05: [20:24:22]ADMIN: ]/(Ancient Queen (ME-117-L3)) Word of the Queen: dont forget, CAPS FEED THE HIVE!
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silencer_pl handled this appropriately and to my satisfaction.

Going forward, placing traps on the Almayer or Dropships will only be allowed after first drop, not before, unless the Marines are somehow aware of the Xeno presence before drop (for instance, event, or survivors communicating it via fax/radio/whatever).

The development team will add mechanical restrictions if this becomes an issue.

Resolved - No Action Taken
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 10-06-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???