User Tag List

Thread: Slayer_Dusty - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slayer_Dusty - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Moonshanks
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Viktor "Iron" Mallard
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    SL
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    Perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    Goon,
    DS-13,
    Aurora
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Paradise
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    I disconnected from the game while brigged as an SL.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I am unsure why I left, depending on the exact time of the jobban I could tell you (I have stuff that happens in my day at exact times that I can't skip). The ban was a long time ago and is now stopping me from unlocking MP and CMP as well as the command roles, roles which I usually play and MP being the role I've played the majority of the time from 2016/17 until the new timelock came in.

I like to think I'm a good CMP and MP and as far as I know I have only one warning as a CMP for shooting a prisoner on DELTA who I claimed was dangerous (although they were threatening me and MP staff they weren't dangerous).

My interactions with staff seem generally good and I have made myself a lesser-known/almost unknown part of the community since 2018 (played from 2016 but didn't have a forum account). I would like to go back to playing CMP and MP but I cannot until I play for an hour as SL.

I think this is an old ban, and I have been told by staff and a whitelisted CO to appeal this Ban.

Although I know I probably won't be recognized, I also know that there are staff and synths and COs on the server who would recognize me as a generally nice player and a CMP who focuses most on keeping the round running smoothly rather than punishing every crime with brig time or power-tripping.

TL;DR I would like to play as MP and CMP again, and I cannot do that until I play for an hour as SL. I think this ban should be lifted as it is old, and was initially put in place for a fair reason, but not because I harmed anyone else's game, just that I neglected to take a fair punishment (of Brig time).

I understand the rules, SOP and Marine Law, and I understand and agree with the ban being placed in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for my CKEY and Forum username not matching, I haven't been able to change my username, but I now have a different CKEY as I stared some of my own SS13 server projects and it was easier for me to be known as Moonshanks (my online name I use the most) than an old Beyond CKEY which no-one really knew me by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to update this for the sake of transparency, my one marks against me as CMP are as follows:

As CMP promptly executed a handcuffed prisoner because they were slowing them down from reaching the pods. Almayer was boarded at the time and the CMP seemed intent on ignoring the 'release in event of catastrophy' provision. and was determined to keep all prisoners handcuffed and defenceless while trying to bring them to the pods. Jobban on any further non-minor marine law violations as CMP. by Mvp777 (SeniorModerator) on Fri, February 1st of 2019
    on 2019-10-16 00:00:00

This one is one I have apologized to the player for, and happened after I had played for too long and didn't really take a rest from being a CMP being harasser by marines. This isn't meant as an excuse but an explanation.

Incorrectly attempted to deputize the XO as acting CMP, as CMP, when having to cryo. Claimed that it was so "they can arrest officers", which is incorrect. DC'd before I could apprehend them. by Dorkkeli (Moderator) on Sun, January 6th of 2019
    on 2019-10-16 00:00:00

This one I believe was a misunderstanding of the rules, where I had to leave as CMP as one of the few command staff in the round at the time. Something came up IRL which I couldn't ignore and I didn't wish to leave the server without attempting to have someone take over as an MP or CMP.

I understand the reason behind both warnings, and as my notes show, corrected my behavior since the last warning, and have not had a serious or any warning concerning rule breaks (appart from calling my character "bucket" since) so for two years of regular play as MP and CMP.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal assigned to an admin for review

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a quick review your appeal is accepted due to the ban being ancient and the effort you've put into the appeal. I've talked to you in game while lifting your ban and I'm more than happy with the results. Good luck.
    Senior Administrator