User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you think scout and lurker be reworked to remove hell invisibility combat

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

29 61.70%
  • no

18 38.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: invisibility combat is bad game design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    ok but fighting warrior if u lose its ur fault. fighting lurker if u lose its not ur fault.
    lurker is also not the same as runner because runner cant sustain a fight and killing it is literally just don't make a poor decision and don't be alone.
    the difference mainly between warrior and lurker is that warrior can not opt out of fights and leave. once you lunge you have to walk your ass back to safety not screen hop while invisible to it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hate lurkers in general lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    lurker can literally move full speed cloak, not get the pounce stun from a person if they choose, and move full afterward after slashing up to 3 times with people nearby, like 5 without, and 2 if not direct pounce for insta bone fracs and delimbs, like bro watch podrick or boo play lurker its braindead, old lurker had a counter moba one doesnt, even if you have like me and hogg next to eachother theres a big chance a lurker can slimefrac us with how it plays now overall invisibility combat is just not fun at all to play against for either side, its not about if its balanced, its about if you really want to be schizophrenic over enemies you cant see for like half a hour until they are dead, it actually drains you mentally esp if the lurker player is "good"(knows how to frac without pounce stunning himself)
    Yep, you just described how they're intended to be. I don't see the problem here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarflu View Post
    Yep, you just described how they're intended to be. I don't see the problem here.
    real when "intended to be" is absolutely thrown out the window when 10% of the population makes up 90% of the kills, half the marine team just feeds xenos, and this is a xeno we are talking about that literally makes players skip out on games depending on the players on it. If that is how its "intended to be" then there are really shit intentions. Also, aren't you a bit biased towards lurkers and their players yourself? I know sure as hell I am against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarflu View Post
    who are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    who are you?
    they are a discord lurker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scout firing from cloak to simply fade in and out like the sniper would be cool. If horribly unfair?

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm a xeno counts as 3-4 marines in equal strength
    a xeno should always have the upper advantage in a 1v1 and 1v2 )))))
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    Uhm a xeno counts as 3-4 marines in equal strength
    a xeno should always have the upper advantage in a 1v1 and 1v2 )))))
    I think most people's issues with lurker, is that even if it's fucking 1v5 a half decent lurker can always escape assuming there's no god tier robustos on overwatch with their dual shotguns. Because it can attack, run away, re-engage, and keep picking off an entire squad of marines if they all dared to not bring exclusively shotguns.

Hell even I fought boo a few times, and fairly regularly managed to PB him with buckshot, but he still got away because fucking lurker leap to saftey.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shotgun is ass against lurker to be honest. you're meant to use m39