Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HvH Feedback

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't spawn vehicles, they have no place in hvh
    don't use faction clash, it feels like the weather causes so much lag, use extended because hvh darkness combat is actually rather cool and a fun part of playing hvh
    do something other than the overdone clf and upp for once. I want to see a round where marines fight W-Y, or they fight other marine mutineers who are camped out on the planet.
    more than one opfor base would be nice
    Spawn cool stuff for opfors to combat marine supply line/support/numbers overpowering opfors
    moar respawns
    delete or otherwise clean up dead bodies because they cause a lot of lag too
    no preds during hvh rounds PLEASE

-- dev stuff --

remove the ability to steal opfor comms
    make it so upp and clf grunts don't understand English
    add support for mutineers as a properly separate faction with unique radio channels etc
    disable dmr and plasma sentries in hvh
    bring back darkness combat to faction clash
    remove revolver standard ammo stuns on humans dear lord
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckyMomo View Post
    More. We need more. Variety like this is very, very refreshing from when it's mostly just HvX. Just today, 200 people playing. If you put more content into HvH, more dev focus, I bet you playercount will increase on HvH rounds.
    No, just no. If the playercount increases, they server will be unplayable.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, except the motion detector is a bit overpowered and perma death ruins the fun a bit. If you guys decide to do more of it, hopefully it becomes more like capture the point with respawn.

Also, it'd be nice if you have us more variety in ammunition, because there's no need to have that balance of incindiaries or the like because we're fighting 1 on 1 vs other people rather than xenos.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    use extended because hvh darkness combat is actually rather cool and a fun part of playing hvh
    Just a tip: Don't do that, because this is the worst thing in HvH.
    If you are removing scopes, just make it day for everyone to reduce total darkness invisible suppresed cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To echo what people have already said:-
    -Sniper sentry bad
    -Massive stuns bad (this is purely a coding thing though, someone could make an MR to change how stuns affect different mob types)

The APC vs APC fight was funny, I'm OK with marines getting an APC as long as the opposing force does too. That's just for balanec though. OB's and CAS kinda ruin HvH rounds for me in general since there's nothing the opposing force can do to counter them, I'd rather have a round where both sides are on more equal terms fire support wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is already an MR restricting DMR in HvH, but it stuck in MR hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm... M44 stun is balanced... Just dodge the bullet and click better :/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like vehicles should only be used in HVH if they have an actual counter to them and no bullshit like the ANTI-TANK rocket not doing jack shit to tanks/APCs, like what kind of retardation is that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's already complained about the stun, but really that's my biggest one. It's stupid, get shot once, you're dead, end of story. It's like lurker pounce = dead meme but actually true.

Otherwise imo I wouldn't even consider running more of these unless you could actually just make it like a WO map-mode type deal where you have 2 sides to spawn on, end of story. With some sort of balance-maker to keep the sides roughly equally numbered.