User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: This server has become a massive hugbox

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I would absolutely gut half the staff team for incompetence, especially those who have sat around for years doing nothing.

Ironically though, this would conveniently be the first step to making CM great again.
    90% of the moderation/admin team work their asses off, I still read the chat everyday. I disagree, what would make CM great again is the two hour rounds with bringing back the medium roleplay aspect, but instead of punishing people for minor things, keeping the in-character consequences instead.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    90% of the moderation/admin team work their asses off, I still read the chat everyday. I disagree
    Moderation/Admin Staff would not be gutted as they generally can be reformed easily, so we're in agreeance.
    Last edited by Fewher; 01-14-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    90% of the moderation/admin team work their asses off, I still read the chat everyday. I disagree, what would make CM great again is the two hour rounds with bringing back the medium roleplay aspect, but instead of punishing people for minor things, keeping the in-character consequences instead.
    It's very difficult with TDM mindset and constant new rulings that essentially allow people to skirt by without even doing round-wakeup RP.

For example, COs and command in general are allowed to do hanger briefings. These briefings rarely actually happen and 90% of marines just go and sit on the Alamo. It's usually briefing at 12:19, launch by 12:21. Why even have a briefing room when it's hardly used at this point since the new ruling and mappers creating a pseudo-briefing in the center of the hanger.

Marines don't even do engineering anymore as a job, it never gets repaired because why bother. People would rather go sit by the fog and wait for it to drop on LV or just run towards the enemy on any other map as soon as they hit the ground.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when the only real arguments we had were MPs and Xeno winrate.

Now it's just everything. We argue over everything.

Send us back to 2019.
    It was a better time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    None of that is QoL other than the body part selection via radial menu, which we can't port without porting the entire system.
    So then what would it take to make the radial wheel in the current system from scratch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I remember when the only real arguments we had were MPs and Xeno winrate.

Now it's just everything. We argue over everything.

Send us back to 2019.
    It was a better time.
    imagine taking a game where everything just clicks, it all works, and having the opportunity to add more on top of it. That must be such an interesting chance to get.
    now imagine completely ruining it as hard as you can (probably) by accident. I don't even think the devs know what they're getting wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshguac View Post
    imagine taking a game where everything just clicks, it all works, and having the opportunity to add more on top of it. That must be such an interesting chance to get.
    now imagine completely ruining it as hard as you can (probably) by accident. I don't even think the devs know what they're getting wrong.
    I can't tell on account of being perma-banned without appeal from the CM Disco, but I am still sure that the devs have no lead or direction by anyone and add gimmicks on "wow wouldn't this be cool" or "I feel this way so I'm gonna do this."

Which, y'know, would be fair enough, nobody wants to be forced to do anything.

Except you applied to be a developer for one of, if not the largest SS13 server. People often know of CM13 before they even know what SS13 is. You'd think you would want to benefit the game by playing it, speaking to the community and having a nice set balance with fun mechanics, then introduce things every now and again as new features to add to it.

Instead what we've got is creatives with no direction who add or change what they want, which fucks the balance until someone goes "I better fix this. Here is my awesome half-baked solution." and we land into the same problem of DEFCON/TechWeb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I can't tell on account of being perma-banned without appeal from the CM Disco, but I am still sure that the devs have no lead or direction by anyone and add gimmicks on "wow wouldn't this be cool" or "I feel this way so I'm gonna do this."

Which, y'know, would be fair enough, nobody wants to be forced to do anything.

Except you applied to be a developer for one of, if not the largest SS13 server. People often know of CM13 before they even know what SS13 is. You'd think you would want to benefit the game by playing it, speaking to the community and having a nice set balance with fun mechanics, then introduce things every now and again as new features to add to it.

Instead what we've got is creatives with no direction who add or change what they want, which fucks the balance until someone goes "I better fix this. Here is my awesome half-baked solution." and we land into the same problem of DEFCON/TechWeb.
    This right here. Ever since techwebs, the dev team has been reealllyy quiet about the future of CM™. At this point, until the head dev gets terribly sick of CM in 2 years and leaves or we have a purge of the burnt-out devs who've ghosted on us (miss you Carlarc, my favorite 24/7 Rimworld gamer), I don't see the direction of the game improving anytime soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanlinki View Post
    This right here. Ever since techwebs, the dev team has been reealllyy quiet about the future of CM™. At this point, until the head dev gets terribly sick of CM in 2 years and leaves or we have a purge of the burnt-out devs who've ghosted on us (miss you Carlarc, my favorite 24/7 Rimworld gamer), I don't see the direction of the game improving anytime soon.

It's just poor leadership from the top down for the past few years, absolutely unqualified people placed or simply given positions of leadership with little care or concern. This shit goes far enough back where you had Neth working on CM SS14 for an entire year wasting his time, yet no one stopped him or told him how fucking stupid that was.

Why? Because the people on top don't play the game nor do they actually care about the game. It's why titles/positions like "Emiritus" exist, so people like Grimcad who have done nothing for years can still remain as a "Manager" and still influence the game.

This shit is somehow casually accepted at this point because the entire top-brass of the staff team are basically perpetually AFK from the game.

Nothing will change, there's no accountability because as I said those at the top don't play, don't care and aren't active enough to push anyone around.
    Honestly, it blows my mind that the playerbase and even active staff are so complacent with the fact that the Host isn't active coupled with a bunch of fake ranks like "Emiritus" to keep AFK staff around.

In most normal situations the Leader, CEO, Host or Owner would be replaced or forced to resign. Instead with this current Administration you can have years of stagnant development and gameplay and the Manager/Head Dev is instead given a AFK rank of Emiritus or Dev Maintainer, told to stick around and the Host goes back to being AFK.

It's a fucking wild ride and something that's been normalized but really shouldnt be.
    Last edited by Fewher; 01-16-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game stopped feeling the same ever since techwebs. I do agree that it was a push towards a TDM, something I never agreed with personally. When I retired, rp was dead, hopefully that’s changed since then. Instead it felt like a COD lobby, grab your load out, sit in the waiting room (dropship) and rush to fight some aliens. While two hour rounds were annoying to some, I do miss the barricaded FOB holdouts, actual squads following planned orders of attack, organized barrages, etc. their was so much more, but then again, I haven’t played this game in ages so hopefully it’s changed since then.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present