User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This server has become a massive hugbox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some alt of der feweh.

All seriousness aside, time to time some fed up gonk is gonna post in the forums and complain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'm honestly baffled with the direction of CM during the last 2 or so years. Every single element of the game has been dumbed down and reduced in favour of PFC players.

Going shipside sucks? Gut the damage system, organ damage and delimbs are rare, IB is a joke.
    Going to a medic sucks? Give every single person healing supplies and a lot of them, why not?
    Xeno 1v1ing me with stuns? Guess what, now xenos have to bend over backwards to even touch a marine.
    Req isn't sending anything down? No problem, grab what you need from

Every single change for the past 2 years has been focused solely on experience of the Squad Marine. And while I'm not against appealing to the larger part of the playerbase, why does it have to come at the cost of killing the server's identity? Playing Marine used to suck, that was the point. You ever seen Aliens? Xenos are the perfect killers, you're SUPPOSED to feel like the odds are against you. Getting game ended by mechanics sucks, sure but every defeat makes the eventual victory all the better. That's what the game used to be about.

But even ignoring the PFC here, why did every other role have to take a hit for it? All support departments took a massive hit. Medical is useless because there's little permament damage, Req is useless because rounds are short, Command is useless because the game flow is extremely static and losing the frontline means you lose the round. And xenos? Many people quit because of MOBA. I don't think the idea behind it was wrong but I'm not a fan of where we ended up with it.

CM being bad for PFC players was the entire point of the server, that was it's identity. That's why so many people made long term friendships here, that's where all the old memes came from. That's why it stood out among the other servers, because it tied all the roles together in an organic way and made people want work together. And now that entire part of the game has been reduced. In favour of what? Laggy, tile based twin stick shooter TDM, where nothing except left clicking enemy sprites matters?

Well, I want to give this reply a honest opinion, and to sorta bring it back to it's original point.

Let's start with the obvious, the topic title: What's wrong with hugs? Hugs are nice, they are cozy. Hugs are awesome and amazing.
    More people should get hugs. You should get a hug, hell knows I deserve hugs, I want to hug my mother's dog I haven't seen for two years now. Hugs are great.

That aside, I know what you mean with it based on what you're saying.

However, if Xenos are supposed to be the Perfect Killing Machine, then the following needs to be buffed, changed, added or enforced;
    - Eggs need to react from further away to Marine Presence.
    - Face Huggers need to react the moment the egg opens and they pop out.
    - Face Huggers need to be harder to hit.
    - Bring back effective Carrier-facehugger throwing that I've heard so much about.
    - Chestbursters need to be harder to remove instead of being a temporary nuisance that they are now.
    - Drones need to be able to both kill you with a headbite by pinning you down, and be able to just grab you and run away with you, can call it the Kidnapper strain.
    - Every single Alien strain needs to be able to morph into Praetorian and then from there into Queen. Not just Drone.
    - Eggmorphing can't be just one large eggs where you stuff dead Marines into, it should be that you take one body and turn it into an egg morpher that contains 1 Face Hugger.
    - Marines need to lose Magnetic Harness, and if you try to one-arm a shotgun you'll break your arm.
    - Marines need to Obey the chain of command which they Do not currently do at all.
    - Marines need to accept that if they go against MP, they're all going to get flashbanged and taken to the Brig.
    - No more Meta-gaming knowledge with the Predator. The Yautja is going to hunt both Aliens and Marines with ruthless efficiency and any Survivor that carries a gun.

And these are just some inconsistencies, issues and things I've observed since I started to play this with a goal in mind since around December.
    I'm sure there lots of other stuff people seen or taken notice of that I've never heard about.

And now you tell me; How many would accept these changes?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeithri View Post
    However, if Xenos are supposed to be the Perfect Killing Machine, then the following needs to be buffed, changed, added or enforced;
    Watch the second movie. Your perfect killing machine dies in masses.

- Eggs need to react from further away to Marine Presence.
    - Face Huggers need to react the moment the egg opens and they pop out.
    - Face Huggers need to be harder to hit.
    Ah yes, one hit almost undetectable and lighting fast stun from AI, not even from other beno player. So much fun.
    Too bad beno eggs never did that in the movies, too bad face huggers never did that in the movies.

- Bring back effective Carrier-facehugger throwing that I've heard so much about.
    Cancer

- Chestbursters need to be harder to remove instead of being a temporary nuisance that they are now.
    For all I care you could even take Alien Colonial Marines and just make them unremovable, but no bullshit caps.

- Drones need to be able to both kill you with a headbite by pinning you down, and be able to just grab you and run away with you, can call it the Kidnapper strain.
    Drones can already kill you by just slashing and they are able to just grab you and run away with you if you are afk, capped, or otherwise stunned. Can call it "vanilla" strain.

- Eggmorphing can't be just one large eggs where you stuff dead Marines into, it should be that you take one body and turn it into an egg morpher that contains 1 Face Hugger.
    Eggmorphing doesn't happen in lore when Queen is present, if benos are supposed to be lore accurate perfect killing machines, you have to remove eggmorpher.

- Marines need to lose Magnetic Harness, and if you try to one-arm a shotgun you'll break your arm.
    Whatever on Magnetic Harness, but how much of a hoplophobe you have to be to belive that shooting a 12 guage shotgun one handed should break your arm?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTqdth1h3c
    Video of average marine breaking his arm after shooting his shotgun one handed, but between each shots he chews gum with bone mending 3, so he is fine.

- Marines need to Obey the chain of command which they Do not currently do at all.
    What this has to do with benos being a perfect killing machine? Marines are benos and are supposed to have a hivemind and are banished from the hive when they disobey?
    Nah, they are conscripts/borderline penal battalion flying years after years on the outer rim, its a wonder they didn't just mutined already and made a living from piracy.

- Marines need to accept that if they go against MP, they're all going to get flashbanged and taken to the Brig.
    Ok, but MPs need to accept that if they go against marines, they're all going to get punched to death witch chairs and then taken to kitchen to make some MP burgers.

- No more Meta-gaming knowledge with the Predator. The Yautja is going to hunt both Aliens and Marines with ruthless efficiency and any Survivor that carries a gun.
    Yes, I agree 100%, but they have to appear from the start of the round and should be able to hunt the Queen too. Yes, yes, yes for that. Lets do it immediately.

Also, there is few things you forgot.

- Xenos need to be more numerous than marines, it should be shifted.
    - Regular benos like drone and runner should die from a bullet shoot out of Pulse Rifle, explosive-tipped bullet to be lore accurate.
    - Marines should die in like two slashes, however they should be able to withstand single acid blood splash if they remove their armor fast enough.
    - Queen should ovi 24/7, unless someone attacks her chamber.
    - Survivors/marines should be able to hide behind walls, under tables, etc, no more termo-vision for benos, they don't see trough walls in the lore, hell, beno can't even notice Amanda Ripley hiding under a bed right next to it.
    - Marines and benos should be able to see more than 7 tiles in front of them.
    - Welding tool should already provide its own welding eye protection, its even sprited on the god-damned model.
    - Synth's shouldn't really be tougher than regular ass human, sure they can survive decapitation, but not much else.
    - Benos souldn't choose their evolution from larvae, they should become a beno type depending on a host they bursted out.
    - etc.

For how much of those little trolling you gonna agree? I hope all of it, this gonna be fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Watch the second movie. Your perfect killing machine dies in masses.
    I have seen it numerous of times.
    Aliens is a great movie - but so is Alien.

Ah yes, one hit almost undetectable and lighting fast stun from AI, not even from other beno player. So much fun.
    Too bad beno eggs never did that in the movies, too bad face huggers never did that in the movies.
    Really now?

For all I care you could even take Alien Colonial Marines and just make them unremovable, but no bullshit caps.
    Oh god no. I screamed "BULLLSHIIIT" at that part when I got to it in the game.
    Randy "Greasybastard" Pitchford is an idiot. "It's like a cancer", sure sure buddy.

GODDAMNIT ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES WAS A SHITTY GAME!
    Only two good moments in it, but otherwise pure shit.

Now Alien Infestation.. Beautiful game! Like chefs kiss - mwaah ~

Drones can already kill you by just slashing and they are able to just grab you and run away with you if you are afk, capped, or otherwise stunned. Can call it "vanilla" strain.
    Good Luck with that.

Eggmorphing doesn't happen in lore when Queen is present, if benos are supposed to be lore accurate perfect killing machines, you have to remove eggmorpher.
    I agree with this. Eggmorphing only happens in the lack of a Queen in order to create a new hive.
    Was also used in AvP in Atari Jaguar as "Extra Lives" for the Alien where the egg would morph entirely into a new Xeno as opposed to the hugger-chestburster-xeno.
    Fascinating concepts.

Whatever on Magnetic Harness, but how much of a hoplophobe you have to be to belive that shooting a 12 guage shotgun one handed should break your arm?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTqdth1h3c
    Video of average marine breaking his arm after shooting his shotgun one handed, but between each shots he chews gum with bone mending 3, so he is fine.
    Wtf is a Hoplophobe?
    Well alright then. Now do that while running and dual wielding two automatic shotguns.
    But aside from that. Alright sure.

What this has to do with benos being a perfect killing machine? Marines are benos and are supposed to have a hivemind and are banished from the hive when they disobey?
    Nah, they are conscripts/borderline penal battalion flying years after years on the outer rim, its a wonder they didn't just mutined already and made a living from piracy.
    It's only just written in the rules but whatever.
    And no, these Marines are not at all borderline penal battalion. They are enlisted officers.

Ok, but MPs need to accept that if they go against marines, they're all going to get punched to death witch chairs and then taken to kitchen to make some MP burgers.
    No.

Yes, I agree 100%, but they have to appear from the start of the round and should be able to hunt the Queen too. Yes, yes, yes for that. Lets do it immediately.
    Also be able to go onboard the Alamayer and hunt the Captain and others that stand in the way.
    Make a trophy of the Captain, and others.

Also, there is few things you forgot.

- Xenos need to be more numerous than marines, it should be shifted.
    - Regular benos like drone and runner should die from a bullet shoot out of Pulse Rifle, explosive-tipped bullet to be lore accurate.
    - Marines should die in like two slashes, however they should be able to withstand single acid blood splash if they remove their armor fast enough.
    - Queen should ovi 24/7, unless someone attacks her chamber.
    - Survivors/marines should be able to hide behind walls, under tables, etc, no more termo-vision for benos, they don't see trough walls in the lore, hell, beno can't even notice Amanda Ripley hiding under a bed right next to it.
    - Marines and benos should be able to see more than 7 tiles in front of them.
    - Welding tool should already provide its own welding eye protection, its even sprited on the god-damned model.
    - Synth's shouldn't really be tougher than regular ass human, sure they can survive decapitation, but not much else.
    - Benos souldn't choose their evolution from larvae, they should become a beno type depending on a host they bursted out.
    - etc.

For how much of those little trolling you gonna agree? I hope all of it, this gonna be fun.
    1. Yes
    2. If you've read the novel of Alien or played Alien Isolation, you know how impossible the Drone is to actually kill. But the Pulse Rifle should do more damage I agree.
    3. Yes
    4. Yes, the Queen should indeed be in the Hive unless someone threatens it personally. Likewise the Queen should have bigger nastier guards than just Praetorians. A tier 4 caste.
    5. Yes but also No. This varies widely but I've always believed that Aliens sees things as in the AvP games. All living things emit an aura around themselves, which effectively makes the Synthetics - not invisible, but also not a living being - not perceived as a threat unless they attack first. Which means that the Scout and Predator cloaking abilities are rendered entirely useless. However, this would allow an unarmed, not hostile synthetic to wander into the hive itself, and pick up an egg and the Aliens wouldn't really mind. They would mind, if you tried to save Marines, or place explosives. Then you'd get gibbed. If you come in rocking a shotgun, you'd get gibbed as well.
    6. Probably.
    7. Agreed.
    8. Disagree. Depends on the Model. They are stronger than humans on average ( remember Ash ) but they can still be broken with enough sufficient force. Combat models however, different.
    9. Agreed. Therefore there'd need to be more dogs on the map for Runners. Unless colonists would serve to create the runner strain akin to AvP2's way where Corporate Soldiers always spawned Runners and regular Marines equaled regular Aliens.
    Last edited by Zeithri; 01-09-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9. Agreed. Therefore there'd need to be more dogs on the map for Runners. Unless colonists would serve to create the runner strain akin to AvP2's way where Corporate Soldiers always spawned Runners and regular Marines equaled regular Aliens.
    You can probably enable a small selection of T1 xenos coming from implied captures, with more potential captures available later, via catching creatures like dogs.

Quite frankly, if you wanted a movie accurate CM, you'd need an entirely new server. I'd be down for it, but I'm sure most of the server wouldn't, considering how absolutely fucked the marine side would be, and how the marine side doesn't like to be fucked. God forbid survivors become any more fucked than they already are.

I'm fairly sure most people don't even know that drones are better compared to lurkers with body armour than worker castes. Dedicated ones exist, and they move slow as shit and secrete hive resin through a remutated headbiter more comparable to a resin funnel.

Make a server like that if you so please. People would probably play it. But that isn't the intent of this post. The intent is the difficulty balancing and current state of CM. Which I miss. The PFC with internal bleeding and broken limbs heading back to a clinic packed full of equally fucked marines experience was a fun one. Or basically resigning yourself to the likes of military tribunals (if any still exist) and murdering hostile survivors, or nuking half the xeno and marine force with a fatty missile and getting decapped whenever you next land.

It was fun. Maybe not for your average PFC, but fuck it. Still fun. Remember when neuro effected survivors?
    Last edited by Thood74; 01-09-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snip
    Even though AvP is of very, very qustionable piece of "lore", in this very movie clip eggs are transported up to the chamber, then slowly open, then facehuggers slowly go out, then scuttle on the egg to then jump. Its just a dumb movie logic that they didn't start to shoot immediately.
    Comparing this scene to CM gameplay, CM is even harsher, as once egg is disturbed (getting 1 tile close to it), it opens and then aimbot facehugger jumps on your face, you have 0 chance to react, while movie counterpart opens while people are a bit further away, but is way slower.

Beno embryo is a parasite and should heavily drain the host from everything, thus basically killing it even if removed. Maybe not some space cancer, but critical organ failure that can't be healed. All benomains screech is some "scary" atmosphere about xenos, but if removing beno embryo after getting capped is just like getting a surgery, because of a nasty kidney stone, then it looses all of its xenomorph charm.

"Hoplophobe" is generally someone with irrational fear of firearms and it varies. From granting the object its own consciousness, trough assinging it some human/animal characteristic, to beliving that using them harms the user in some way, for example breaks arm if shootgun is shoot with only one hand.

Please, point me to the rule that requires every PFC to follow each and every order given them by higher ranking marines.
    "Borderline" doesn't mean "100%", or "exactly that". And I see there is no deny that its a bunch of conscripts with low morale.

2. I didn't played Alien Isolation, however I have seen Aliens a couple of times and xenos there were rather easly killed by even a few bullets from a pistol that Vasquez had, not to mention them being gibbed by a single pulse rifle burst.
    Just because beno there for gameplay reasons had to be unkillable doesn't mean all benos are. Game wouldn't really be a horror if you could just kill the beno and then proceed trough entire Sevastopol alone, with occasional Working Joes as nuisance.

4. Sure, let queen have some special T3/T4 guards, but they are not allowed to leave her and she can't order them to leave too.

5. Then how will you explain whole premise of your favourite game Alien: Isolation, where beno can't see Amanda Ripley's aura at all? Sure, gameplay reasons. Or how benos failed to notice Newt's aura?
    Cherrypicking, I would say. Or maybe young girls and members of Ripley family have a gene that makes them not emit those auras at all, huh?

8. By "tough" I meant HP, not raw "muscle" strenght. Aforementioned "Ash" started vomiting mad milk after getting a little "bonk" on his back by something that looked like a small air canister, or small extinguisher. Another small "bonk" and his whole head came off. Regular ass human would say "ouch" after the first hit and maybe got unconciouss after the second.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-09-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely dislike how most of the time. Instead of adjusting features of a class/Tactic accordingly through code. A lot of the time admins just tell you that even though you CAN do something, you're not allowed to. (IE: Metarush, Blocking off caves with walls, etc.) Why not just code something that mitigates these things instead of making more administration work? Why not keep features and adjust them instead of cutting them (Longstreet, DEFCON, etc.) So many things seem to be falling down the TG rabbithole of just removing shit instead of adjusting. Or changing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Even though AvP is of very, very qustionable piece of "lore", in this very movie clip eggs are transported up to the chamber, then slowly open, then facehuggers slowly go out, then scuttle on the egg to then jump. Its just a dumb movie logic that they didn't start to shoot immediately.
    Comparing this scene to CM gameplay, CM is even harsher, as once egg is disturbed (getting 1 tile close to it), it opens and then aimbot facehugger jumps on your face, you have 0 chance to react, while movie counterpart opens while people are a bit further away, but is way slower.

Beno embryo is a parasite and should heavily drain the host from everything, thus basically killing it even if removed. Maybe not some space cancer, but critical organ failure that can't be healed. All benomains screech is some "scary" atmosphere about xenos, but if removing beno embryo after getting capped is just like getting a surgery, because of a nasty kidney stone, then it looses all of its xenomorph charm.

"Hoplophobe" is generally someone with irrational fear of firearms and it varies. From granting the object its own consciousness, trough assinging it some human/animal characteristic, to beliving that using them harms the user in some way, for example breaks arm if shootgun is shoot with only one hand.

Please, point me to the rule that requires every PFC to follow each and every order given them by higher ranking marines.
    "Borderline" doesn't mean "100%", or "exactly that". And I see there is no deny that its a bunch of conscripts with low morale.

2. I didn't played Alien Isolation, however I have seen Aliens a couple of times and xenos there were rather easly killed by even a few bullets from a pistol that Vasquez had, not to mention them being gibbed by a single pulse rifle burst.
    Just because beno there for gameplay reasons had to be unkillable doesn't mean all benos are. Game wouldn't really be a horror if you could just kill the beno and then proceed trough entire Sevastopol alone, with occasional Working Joes as nuisance.

4. Sure, let queen have some special T3/T4 guards, but they are not allowed to leave her and she can't order them to leave too.

5. Then how will you explain whole premise of your favourite game Alien: Isolation, where beno can't see Amanda Ripley's aura at all? Sure, gameplay reasons. Or how benos failed to notice Newt's aura?
    Cherrypicking, I would say. Or maybe young girls and members of Ripley family have a gene that makes them not emit those auras at all, huh?

8. By "tough" I meant HP, not raw "muscle" strenght. Aforementioned "Ash" started vomiting mad milk after getting a little "bonk" on his back by something that looked like a small air canister, or small extinguisher. Another small "bonk" and his whole head came off. Regular ass human would say "ouch" after the first hit and maybe got unconciouss after the second.

There's one thing that can be said about AvP movies at least: They're not the godawful Prometheus and Covenant!

Well you see, that leads us into Alien Resurrection type of territories because I sure as hell refuse to accept Aliens: Colonial Marines with ANY credible sense of lore.

Oh. Okay, then I understand that term.
    But no, my father was a hunter so I've handled shotguns and rifles. And from what I was always told, one-arming a shotgun will result in a broken arm.

No I won't. I'll merely ask: IS it even about RP anymore?
    Because if Yes, then yes, Marines should Obey the chain of command.
    If No, then that whole part is entirely pointless and we can drop it.

There's also Alien on Commodore 64 where you can engage the Alien in fisticuffs.
    Doesn't make it an viable alternative to do so but. But the point is that you are being extremely selective about lore to - one - movie pretty much.
    I am not saying, you're wrong. I am saying, there's more than just Aliens.
    And Aliens is an amazing movie.

We are in agreement on that point for sure!
    Unfortunately I doubt anyone else will agree.
    After all, Marines can't even listen to command...

Aaah but now you're making assumption. My favorite Alien game is not Alien Isolation. It's honestly too damn scary for me to play.
    I own it but.. I can barely play Alien 3 on Sega / Snes or Alien Trilogy on PS1 without starting to choke on my own breath.
    No, my absolute hands down favorite Alien games are: Aliens vs Predator 1 ( PC ), Alien ( C64 ), Aliens ( C64 ) and Alien Infestation ( NDS ).

As for why Amanda isn't seen, different developer that decided that if the Alien can see you that easily, you'd die all the time unless better hidden.
    It's still a better explanation as to why the Aliens don't attack synthetic beings - because they see them as not living things.

HAH, A SMALL BONK?! FROM DENNIS PARKER ( played by Yaphet Kotto )?! Guy brings down the freaking FREIGHT TRAIN on Ash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's one thing that can be said about AvP movies at least: They're not the godawful Prometheus and Covenant!
    ok now you're just telling us you have bad taste in movies if you think AvP are even in the same dimension as prometheus. im de-railing the thread for this take : )

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soy
    ur low test and so is your father