Misterboris
    Your Character Name?
    Grant Evans
    Their BYOND Key
    taketheshot56
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    17:10 2/16/2019.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1 - Staff member made no realization even when I clearly explained or indicated.

3 - The "disrespect" to him was non-existent. It was playful banter, like the light-hearted kind you'd find in any voice chat of any video game lobby. I even immediately clarified I was joking and was just salty over what seemed to me an unreasonable enforcement of "metagaming" but made no attempt to further my criticism in depth, I wasn't out to call the server shit, and I certainly wouldn't be here if I was.

5 - Three days over a touchy ego? Did I imply your dick was small or say some crazy shit like "Fuck you man! You're a fucking asshole!!!" No, I said all of this as a joke, I was highlighting the fact that the situation was taken far too seriously than was created. Look, I've been on the internet for way too long, I understand being in any interactive capacity with a large swath of anonymous individuals on the Internet with a high capacity to be absolute cocksuckers can wear down anyone's defenses. Taketheshot, dude, have you considered Taking A Break? (That was a joke, not disrespect) If my humor is offending to your sensibilities, or just god-awfully unfunny as I'm aware I often am, perhaps a step back from the game is best suited, or just ignoring it. Not everyone who calls you a faggot over the internet is genuinely homophobia or even truly bothered by whether you prefer tacos or bananas. As a former athlete and someone who lives in a military town I've been called a faggot rather regularly, but alas, it doesn't bother me. I just tell them "Yeah, that makes your mom gay too because she touched my penis."

Regardless, I've noticed this seems to be a recurring behavior of the staff here lately, and among a lot of servers and my response is: Is that actually fun to you? There's a reason a lot of us enjoy this type of language such as usage of the word "Nigger," calling people "faggots" or "retards", and let me speak for everyone when I say it doesn't even remotely come from a place of disrespect. Respect has nothing to do with it. Imagine for a second if we lived in a world where by law anonymity on the Internet were completely non-existent, everyone's language was extremely moderated. If at any point you ever said anything even remotely out of line or considered "ethically" or "politically incorrect" you risked being publicly shamed, or facing legal action for hate speech? Perhaps that may help you understand why much of your playerbase loves to call each other faggots ICly, perhaps this may help you understand why some of your players love to roleplay black mechanics called Booby "Big Lips" Tyreson. It's fucking hilarious and we can't get away with this humor at work or school.

So come on, relax guys, as long as we aren't telling each other to kill ourselves OOCly or doing genuinely edgy/weird shit like that time some guy playing the Captain gunned down a lot of people and did forced ERP on a couple of the female marines. In the Army we call that "SHARP stuff."
    Description of the incident
    I was banned after a warning where I called Zelkova a faggot in LOOC after he made an OOC announcement forbidding the marines from making barricades in the hangar. taketheshot56 and Zelkova did not take too kindly to this, so I backed off and said I was only salty. It's only fair that the marines should barricade the hangar if the xenomorphs are somehow able to figure out how to pilot a dropship. Rules should be enforced for the spirit of the rule, not to the bitter, fun-ruining letter. Either way, I continued with minor banter as seen in the screenshots, and taketheshot56 was just /NOT/ having it today. Poor guy, guess he was having a bad day or something. Look, I genuinely didn't mean any malice and I think it's clear by just reading the screenshots that I was only joking. I didn't resort to any name-calling, but merely parodying the fact that the situation was taken far too seriously and I was disproportionately punished for "disrespecting" the mods (a 3 day ban).

My suggestion is that if you don't agree with or are unwilling to address criticism, even if it's unconstructive or "rude" to you, just ignore it. Sticks and stones break my bones but words can never hurt me.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    None whatsoever, I think the moderator staff here as a whole should learn from this incident. This entire situation is retarded, I don't even want to be unbanned, I want the staff to generally stop banning people for "disrespecting" them. If we can't be on a community where people can't talk shit to each other, and everyone /has/ to get along and get along great, then we have a community where mods think far too highly of themselves and take themselves far too seriously. You only invite detractors to your server and the generally flakey atmosphere makes people afraid to create genuinely interesting characters for fear of "offending" anyone. It also makes people afraid to speak in LOOC. Why be a mod at all if you cannot handle people questioning your decisions, if you can't even ignore it? Shitters will be shitters.
    Last edited by Zack Gamer; 02-16-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You proceeded to insult a staff member in LOOC over us enforce the no building defenses on the ship before launch rule.

Calling someone a "Faggot" Is indeed name calling, and i gave you the chance to stop. You decided to continue in deadchat and you were going to receive a ban. Yet you continued and you continued and you continued so i escalated it up to three days as you had ZERO care that you were breaking the rules and seem to relish in it. Multiple staff members urged me to increase it to seven days but i decided only go up to three days.

Point being i believe i did absolutely nothing wrong and you need to re read the rules before coming back on this server and with a better attitude.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs soonish.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Clarify marines were building as many defenses as they could before the Alamo was launched by the aliens by several minutes. Hence why we warned marines using OOC to start deconstructing.

And calling me a faggot was not appropriate at all. As the logs will show your attitude shortly, Thank you Imperator Titan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelkova64 View Post
    To Clarify marines were building as many defenses as they could before the Alamo was launched by the aliens by several minutes. Hence why we warned marines using OOC to start deconstructing.

And calling me a faggot was not appropriate at all. As the logs will show your attitude shortly, Thank you Imperator Titan.
    okay man, im sorry i called you a faggot. i didnt mean to insult you or anything like that. i call a lot of people faggots. i tried to clarify or hint at the fact that i was just joking iirc. i wasn't trying to insult you but i do think the ban was bs. thank you for not listening to those other mods and not giving me a seven day ban. im actually not going to be here in the next seven days or so. i have never meant any malice towards you, because i dont actually know you whatsoever. however, i do believe that us not being able to reinforce hangars was a Very Gay Thing. now, i'm not a homophobe. i can assert that i've met a lot of gay people, everyone in infantry is a gay person and i swear to god i had twenty people staring at my penis at meps (im a pretty hung guy). however, i am a heterosexual and, to be honest, this whole hangar situation has made me confused about my sexuality. i'm gonna talk to my friends about it. can u reduce it to two days and we like exchange an e-high five?

nah seriously, i was just blowing off steam tho. im sorry u took it that way dog, i dont mean to diss yall. reading tone over text is a hard thing, i mean like, who in a serious tone would assert a staff member gave their character 'autism damage.' i hope to reach a mutual understanding here, my character repeated stated to medical staff that he was a retard in reference to the brain damage i sustained icly after a friendly fire encounter with xenos storming the ship and the cluster shitfuckery encountered with the queen commencing Federal Anarchism on the AyLmao dropship. now, im not a coder but im pretty sure there is no Autism mechanic other than the majority of what Baldies do on ss13. however, if coder's choose to add this in, i would fully permit a permanent Autism trait type system onto my character Grant Evans for each and every time I spawn, as a negotiation for further longterm federal punishment.

when i stated "is there a UR BANNED.mp3" or something of those lines, this was in jest, did i mean to insult you for this? no, that was a legitimate suggestion. no seriously add that. do it.

EDIT: suggestion for banned.ogg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
    Last edited by Zack Gamer; 02-17-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

OOC Annoucements
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Interaction Zack Gamer had with staff
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you try to bait a ban from staff, do not cry when you get banned. This is in game and on the forums. Your behavior in game and here is unacceptable and as such I will be increasing your ban time by seven days. If you want to play here, drop the attitude.

Resovled. Ban time increased by seven days.