Felix "Cash" Taylor
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer_PL
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:25pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the Rules, Investigation of the Situation
    Description of the incident
    I was with another Delta marine in medical when Fabio got into an argument with the MPs standing nearby.

The XO And MP Clair Williams were arguing over something and the XO claimed she was "riling up" the marines. And that now we were going to munity.

So we started shoving the XO who said "I consent to this" and Clair agreed she would not interfere EVEN if we killed him. Again the XO said. "I consent"

So we hit him with chairs and he went into crit. The second he got back up Fabio ordered BOTH of us to be charged with attempted murder; and denied our appeals. And the mps that were previously watching arrested us.

The charge was nonsense and goofy. We were both permaed for the crime of attempted murder; which was ridiculous for many reasons. Not the least that the MPs participated in; by standing by and not doing anything (making them accessories) and then overcharged.

I contacted staff at this point as things were getting.. goofy. And I would much rather handle things IOOC.

The XO once again denied appeals because "I dont like them".

Things continued to get strange when Dragmond Juckens was then was executed for his crimes as he didnt want to sit in perma.

I contacted staff again requesting a provost. And eventually won an appeal and was downgraded to assault.

This successful appeal means several things. By being downgraded to assault:

1. the mps were still guilty of standing by and not interfering. And should be charged.
    2. the XO was guilty of prevarication for ordering us to be charged with murder as we were both innocent of the crime. Its an overcharge
    3. they permaed and executed someone over assault with CHAIRS. Which is a bad sloppy execution.

I once again requested a provost, and had some more banter with the staff including MY INTENTION TO KILL THE XO IF THERE WAS NO PROVOST. The other staff member said they understood.

I sent a detailed fax that also said my intent to kill the XO. Hoping once more for a provost, nothing happend.

I went to the CIC.. tangled with the CMP (who I already disliked IOOC because of his behavior,) and after he peppersprayed me. I shot him and tried to kill the XO.

The CMP was staff healed and I was bwoinked by Silencer talking about improper escalation; and despite all of above. I wasn't able to shoot them for nothing.

With everything that happened, and the other staff making no comment about my intentions or fax. I do not feel this was improper escalation. I had more than enough reasons to attempt to kill the XO. I wanted to keep this ingame and I dont think staff should have interfered.
    Evidence
    Please pull logs of the XOs poor charges, bad execution, Conversation between myself and staff. And my fax.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Note removal. I didnt just shoot someone for no reason. I telegraphed my intentions, and everything was being handled in round despite some aggregious oversteps by XO, CMP, and MPs.

I dont think Silencer did a bad job, but theres no way she could have gotten ALL the context (hell the explanation is like 4 pages long).
    Last edited by ito726; 12-02-2021 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Corrected Ckey of Staff

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To keep it very brief - I noted you for IE on the CMP as you killed them in the CIC.

Nothing that transpired during that round changed the fact that, without admin permission or even outright knowledge - you at fist were in the CIC clearly getting ready to kill the XO and when the MPs pushed you out, you shot the CMP through the CIC window instead. No one gave you the go ahead to go straight to your shotgun and as I explained in DMs, which is why I noted you for IE. Our escalation rules even state that you cannot come back and shoot someone for a past transgression, you need to escalate each encounter properly.

That's the gist of it. That round was indeed messy for the MPs, but again, nothing that they did or did not do justifies the fact that you shot the CMP, clearly intending to kill them.
    Senior Administrator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    To keep it very brief - I noted you for IE on the CMP as you killed them in the CIC.

Nothing that transpired during that round changed the fact that, without admin permission or even outright knowledge - you at fist were in the CIC clearly getting ready to kill the XO and when the MPs pushed you out, you shot the CMP through the CIC window instead. No one gave you the go ahead to go straight to your shotgun and as I explained in DMs, which is why I noted you for IE. Our escalation rules even state that you cannot come back and shoot someone for a past transgression, you need to escalate each encounter properly.

That's the gist of it. That round was indeed messy for the MPs, but again, nothing that they did or did not do justifies the fact that you shot the CMP, clearly intending to kill them.
    Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario. A fist fight does not suddenly escalate into a gun fight. Should one defend themselves from grief or improper escalation, the staff handling the matter decides if a punishment is given out and to who. Staff may also decide to leave things in character. Even if you are justified, you are still susceptible to Marine Law.

The point of this is that the XO gave consent for me to hit him, lied, had me arrested, had me permaed, denied my appeal multiple times, had my friend EXECUTED, and then was going to get away with it by virtue of hijack. I had what I feel are more than enough reasons to try to kill him. I dont mind being killed back or that I was re-arrested. I think we should have left it ingame.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! I was there for a portion of this messy excursion. I can confirm the poor treatment of Cash and Juckens.

You would have to pull the logs, but the CMP handled the execution of Junckens.. quite terribly, he rushed through the entire ordeal and mag dumped him not once- but twice.

I can also confirm the biasedness of the appeals. The XO simply didn't care from an IC perspective.

In short, I would just like to confirm Bearded's motives.
    Melworth 'Mel' Koepple - Vindicitive cunt, pretty funny but, eh.

Arakawa "Savior of Theta" Aki - Glorious SL that is.. way too cocky with charging.

^ thanks lauffer for the shiny bronze.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The XO did not deny anyone their appeals because the XO was not handling them. They did come briefly into the brig, but left after throwing some random insults.

The marine that was executed literally demanded an execution, after putting himself into crit by using among other things, a chair.

The other marine, Felix, not only got an appeal when they requested it, the appeal was successful and Felix was released from perma and let go due to time served. Which is why they had the opportunity to go and try to kill the XO and CMP in the first place.

Regardless of what else happened, there was nothing in game that I would consider let you go straight to lethals...

...Which is moot because you never even asked.

As I explained in DMs, it is not up to you to decide that you can skip escalation, it is up to staff. Staff was not asked.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my side, CMP:
    As for the execution, the dude wanted to die and almost killed himself. The procedure was never violated, he got the rights that he asked for. Magdump was dumb but no violation. As for the charges, I got several very conflicting stories and was very confused. XO said they only consented to being shoved and that it was attempted murder, so you were charged with that. When a appeal got another side, you were released. While it wasnt handled well and I could have done better, I was also trying to deal with other legal issues with surv and CL. I'm sorry your situation was handled poorly, but I didn't see it as an excuse to randomly, un escalated, kill me way after the fact without mutiny or any declaration. Obviously staff agreed.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are fine brother. I wasn't and am not so upset that I wanted it handled outside of the game.
    Rather we just all kill each other and move on.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted an aheal
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so logs for this are a mess and I chose to leave out a lot, as such some parts are heavily redacted and possible important bits might have been left out. If you feel I left out something important please let me know. The first part is relatively complete, the middle part is quite truncated. The execution I tried to leave most of it there. I also included the appeal as it shows Felix's beliefs about the round. I've also moved all the ahelpes at the end, even tho they start about midway, this is so they are easier to read. The faxes were not left out, that's just all that was available. I only realized later, but the uncolored unknown is Dragmond Juckens in the latter half, sorry for this oversight.

BeardedWall - Felix 'Cash' Taylor
    Dragmond Juckens
    Adzolaria - Claire Williams
    FrankTheMagicPotato - Stephen Belfast
    WrongKeyo360 - Fabio Espinoza
    Silencer_pl
    ScarletReign

Bullying a marine that hates Christmas. XO scolding an MP for stopping it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP lets the xo be mutined to prove a point. Felix is the one to propose it, tho XO agrees to be beaten up.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP says they wont do anyting even if they kill him, and the 2marines take advantage of the situation. Notably, the XO does not consent but seems a bit opposed to the idea, tho I think this is only icly.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Them admitting to the murder and their reation to it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Marine discussion about it but thistime phraing it as accidental killing. XO recives tratment.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 12-02-2021 at 03:04 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BeardedWall - Felix 'Cash' Taylor
    Dragmond Juckens
    Adzolaria - Claire Williams
    FrankTheMagicPotato - Stephen Belfast
    WrongKeyo360 - Fabio Espinoza
    Silencer_pl
    ScarletReign

XO is involed in the discussions, XO orders arrest and charge.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Marines get arrested.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Charges are decided.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Juckens wants to die and is formally brigged.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Juckens self harms and begs to die more.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP asks for authorization to execute.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP infroms the guy execution was authorised. They also consider arresting the MP, but the XO dosent want that. (last 2 entries are a bit out of order, but they better fit here)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Claire asks them if want to share a cell but CMP denies it. Felix is a bit upset over this
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP still tries to make sure the guy waives his rights before the execution or are otherwise observed, but they pass out
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Felix demands an appeal, XO says they dont like them and woudnt grant them a pardon, CMP calls for medical aid for the passed out prisoner
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Felix is infomed his appeal wasnt denied and that he may still get one, and that XO's comments are just their opinion of them.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP arrages for an appeal and asigns it to some mp
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Marine is annyoed they werent executed yet.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Felix blames MPs for not stopping him earlier.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP finally gets the marine to wavie his rights for the execution.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The execution anouncement
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Tabao and last meal offered. There are no interact logs but it seems they did get tabbaco.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Last meal.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx