User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Genuine hypocrisy in this communities moderation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I call it uncredible, because that's what it ended up being at the end. But just so everyone is aware, I legitimately had to notify the goddamn BATF because of the circumstances of my real job
    I'm not gonna defend or argue anything, I'm handing the reigns over to another manager and going bye bye cause that's what everyone seems to want.

Silencer is probably gonna unban everyone, and in the future there's probably gonna be a clause about metaservers that says "Bitch about players all you want, but if staff get notified of something that crosses the line and is a threat to the community, you're gonna get removed"
    you have a real job, you supposedly have a family, now why are you in the position on a server in some irrelevant early 2000 shitgame that could make people dislike you in anyway, and potentially make these threats? obviously being staff has literally ZERO benefit in terms of like... anything really, and I could only see in rare cases (such as tango/philip clap) wanting to be staff because they care about the game, their friends, and the community. You have absolutely nothing to gain by wrangling retards all day, and if you are genuinely concerned that someone is going to send a "pipe box" to your house, the issue lies with negative community views on your enforcement. I don't see any reason a staff member would be staff if they aren't doing it for the community (which is proven not in most cases because half the community goes on a drama spree or dislikes said staff member) (don't say being liked is impossible because we got (had?) lummy, clap and ugnip (beasts) who all are liked to a large degree in the community) other than for straight power, derived from wrangling said retards. CM has devolved into a TDM, so it's not like people even have split groups anymore besides from the mps, xenos, and robust marines. We all want off this crack addicting ride, but you, you have a clear shot, a clear reason, and a huge excuse to get off it forever, at least as a staff member. All I can imagine is being a cm staff member is masochism, and despite you having a job, and a family (supposedly) you still continue with it. From a perspective of man to man, this isn't healthy, CM isn't healthy for anyone, and more so to you so I'd beg, in part due to concern, and the other due to discontent, for you to take the shot to get off the ride while you can, and if you can't, at least stop dealing with the strain of being a staff member, as I can only imagine power isn't worth it. (I would probably blow my brains out if I was forced to moderate CM, and it truly is a thankless job which only earns the contempt of the community which is supposedly being served), but I feel as if the words I typed will fall upon deaf ears, and I hope it's not the case. I'm saying this because I'm concerned you may come back on the crack ride again, and I encourage any other staff members who are on the crack ride of power in the crack ride of CM to reflect and try to realize what is their true reason of staying on CM moderation (I pray to god it isn't institutional capture)
    Last edited by Ethan10000llahd; 12-09-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Ethan said. You have been telling me you are there to help, you arent serious, etc. But you are neck deep involved in all of this. It isnt healthy. These idiots, or US IDIOTS PLUS STAFF IDIOTS arent worth your time, ever! Your family and your life is your focus!

I am campaigning to get you off staff, even if it gets me Cbanned into neverland. It pains me to see you like this, especially what I have been hearing. Leave with honors! Serve your country! Its not like we are against your job in the first place, and I am against the dumb muck BLM and ANTIFAs anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strobbers View Post
    Deleted Post
    You have 69 posts, do not post again.
    Last edited by forest2001; 12-10-2021 at 02:59 AM.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yo is halo infinite campaign good? also anyone down to play project zomboid when MP comes out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Gzz View Post
    yo is halo infinite campaign good? also anyone down to play project zomboid when MP comes out.
    I can join
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MFV I return from a day long bender to see this forum on fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strobbers View Post
    yep he said "PIPEBOX" why are you comparing a smoking pipe to being a pedophile ? real shining image of CM staff , you guys FKIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pedophiles
    Strobbers on his way to catch a forum ban, as well. What a lad.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    you have a real job, you supposedly have a family, now why are you in the position on a server in some irrelevant early 2000 shitgame that could make people dislike you in anyway, and potentially make these threats? obviously being staff has literally ZERO benefit in terms of like... anything really, and I could only see in rare cases (such as tango/philip clap) wanting to be staff because they care about the game, their friends, and the community. You have absolutely nothing to gain by wrangling retards all day, and if you are genuinely concerned that someone is going to send a "pipe box" to your house, the issue lies with negative community views on your enforcement. I don't see any reason a staff member would be staff if they aren't doing it for the community (which is proven not in most cases because half the community goes on a drama spree or dislikes said staff member) (don't say being liked is impossible because we got (had?) lummy, clap and ugnip (beasts) who all are liked to a large degree in the community) other than for straight power, derived from wrangling said retards. CM has devolved into a TDM, so it's not like people even have split groups anymore besides from the mps, xenos, and robust marines. We all want off this crack addicting ride, but you, you have a clear shot, a clear reason, and a huge excuse to get off it forever, at least as a staff member. All I can imagine is being a cm staff member is masochism, and despite you having a job, and a family (supposedly) you still continue with it. From a perspective of man to man, this isn't healthy, CM isn't healthy for anyone, and more so to you so I'd beg, in part due to concern, and the other due to discontent, for you to take the shot to get off the ride while you can, and if you can't, at least stop dealing with the strain of being a staff member, as I can only imagine power isn't worth it. (I would probably blow my brains out if I was forced to moderate CM, and it truly is a thankless job which only earns the contempt of the community which is supposedly being served), but I feel as if the words I typed will fall upon deaf ears, and I hope it's not the case. I'm saying this because I'm concerned you may come back on the crack ride again, and I encourage any other staff members who are on the crack ride of power in the crack ride of CM to reflect and try to realize what is their true reason of staying on CM moderation (I pray to god it isn't institutional capture)
    he has the reasonable expectation of being able to join an online community and not receive death threats

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to read through this thread, but then I saw gems like

I am campaigning to get you off staff, even if it gets me Cbanned into neverland. It pains me to see you like this, especially what I have been hearing. Leave with honors! Serve your country! Its not like we are against your job in the first place, and I am against the dumb muck BLM and ANTIFAs anyway.
    Or

yep he said "PIPEBOX" why are you comparing a smoking pipe to being a pedophile ? real shining image of CM staff , you guys FKIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pedophiles
    Also more out of context bullshit form someone's reddit account?

So I decided to lock it instead.

I'm going to suggest that if you guys want to complain about something, do not threaten or promise blood vengeance to staff members or whatever posting those reddit images was supposed to accomplish.

I would explain what the difference between what the OP was about and actual credible threats to someone are, but really, why bother? Clearly the bulk of the argument is that some people have an axe to grind with somebody else. This was almost always the case whenever this drama was brought up and honestly, I for one am tired of it. Pretty sure most of active management is as well. Good job on defeating your own argument guys.

The issue Dreven brought up was already addressed several times, the three bans Soldier issued will possibly be reversed once we work out management changes.

As I said on the Discord, if you have evidence that staff members who have said things continue to act in a similar fashion (protip: They have not) send it to a manager. Continue to revisit addressed issues at your own peril.

Similarly as I said on the Discord, at some point you guys will have to accept that staff on CM sees certain issues as fundamentally different than you do (and that is assuming any of this was made in actually good faith) and you're going to have to learn to live with that, or move on. Or do what I did when I saw glaring issues with staff enforcement: Join staff. Enact the change you want to see.

Multiple people here have probably also earned a forum ban, but I'm going to leave that for later. Thanks for making that decision simple, I guess?
    Senior Administrator