User Tag List

Thread: Amaxin - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amaxin - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Amaxin
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Kyomi Sin'vah
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Not a nice person#8352
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    n/a
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Dyno
    Total Ban Duration
    perma
    Remaining Duration
    perma
    What other servers do you play on?
    n/a
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    no
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: You were asked nicely to stop. You constantly sit around and make shitty, off-hand comments towards people and refuse to improve.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    n/a
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I have been banned for criticizing a staff member and agreeing with them that they should retire, and afterwards telling them to block me after they expressed they don't wish to interact with me. After I was told to stop, I agreed and said that I'm going to, just to get instantly banned.

Reading the Discord protocol written up by Silencer, there's warnings issued for minor rule breaks, minor offences and etc. which was entirely skipped, and I doubt it was "escalated" keeping in mind my last discord note was from January 2021. Further up the line, there's a mute which was completely skipped in my case as well. As a third option, I did not recieve a "strike" as well. Considering all three were skipped, I'll skip the clause where it says I need to wait a month to appeal, as well.

Neither I did recieve an official warning from a staff member, nor a bot used to moderate the place. I was "politely" asked (even though the message was filled with spite and threats) by a person to "please stop", which is in no way, shape or form an official warning to cease my behaviour, then instantly banned with no chance to improve my behaviour.

If you wanted me to stop criticizing someone, you could've just told me to. I was told my posts were "shitty comments", and I really doubt that's a rulebreak on it's own. If it is, I'll stop.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to upcoming changes in staff, I was going to leave this one to whoever takes over as Discord Manager after me, but that would be unfair to you since I'm not actually able to provide a precise timeline when this will happen.

Your appeal is denied.

A Manager, Grim, told you to stop doing something. You persisted in doing so. This was on top of a patter where during various bouts of Discord drama you continue to insist that staff is somehow corrupt or worse, but when asked to provide something to back your claim you clam up and refuse to elaborate. I was getting tired of it and as it turns out, so was Grim.

Per the rules I wrote up, Management may make calls to ban someone immediately after which you need to wait 30 days before an appeal.

I do not find an issue with Grim's call, they were simply tired of constantly seeing you stir the pot without providing any actual criticism. I will repeat what we've told you multiple time. Submit what you consider staff misconduct to a manager or head. We have multiple to chose from.

If a new Discord Manager is picked before your 30 days are up, I will let them know that they are free to revisit this decision and overturn it if the so chose before your 30 day buffer is up. Otherwise, please re-appeal in 30 days.
    Senior Administrator