User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crackparrot - Deliberate grenade FF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crackparrot - Deliberate grenade FF.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Swagile

Your Character Name?
    Amira Young

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Crackparrot

Accused Character Name
    Myles Day

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:22 to 11:52ish

What rule(s) were broken:
    Deliberate grenade FF.

Description of the incident:
    Disclaimer: Yes, I know. FF happens, sometimes you throw a HEDP and blow up a marine or two. Sometimes you have to make the big dick SADAR plays which result in 2-5 marine deaths but the death of a Queen and a T3. This player report wasn't the case, however; it was of a marine firing HEFA's behind marine lines onto marines actively pushing, with no xenos near the HEFA at all; only marines.

So I load up as Delta PFC, load up my ghetto B18 kit, drop, and we move to Crashed Ship as per orders. We manage to get to the umbilical cord to South Civ Residences and setup cades while fighting xenos.

All is well till we try to push, get some grenade FF, and back off. I decide to move forward because I have a UGL with 2 HEDP's in and I can stall their boiler from repositioning. I fire one HEDP, second HEDP to keep boiler stunned behind the barricades, and then right as I am about to move in, Myles Day fires a HEFA almost right on top of me. It was only one tile below me. There are NO xenos around me, I have a Boiler stunned (and the boiler is not in his vision, it is behind a closed airlock), so he has 0 reason to fire a HEFA and fire it so close. I try to spam my rest key, forget it, and get a face full of HEFA and have to retreat.

This stops the push and we are slowly boilered out of the chokepoint and have to retreat. We later gain momentum due to a flank by another squad... only for us to get to Civ Residences, get a push started, and then get a HEFA dropped RIGHT ONTOP OF US by Myles Day AGAIN.

I finally get killed later on because half our squad got HEFA'd by Myles Day and I try to escape in vain, getting captured after HEDPing myself to avoid larvae infection.

When I started complaining about the obvious grief, I was told Myles Day isn't new (something I suspected since ive seen that name before) and that he has a history of doing this. On top of this, Myles Day himself starts giving bullshit excuses until he gives up on covering up his griefing and merely starts trolling, saying shit like "you were in the way of my HEFA nade" despite him not being in the front lines and shooting HEFA's right on top of people from behind.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs can be pulled of the Deadchat discussion but apparently grenades don't have FF logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Thats up to the administration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I can pull the logs for this too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say for sure what happened but I was there and the amount of shit he said was too funny, he said he was blind but also saw that there was a rav beside someone. He also said he was shoot in the head so that's why he shot.. I think he also said he was pounced on the same said rav that was beside Amira I'm not sure.
    D E L T A M A I N

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the guy before a couple months ago, where he was friendly firing everyone he could with HEFAs in the Almayer defense. In D Chat he wa clearly playing dumb about it, saying he thought HEFAs were stun grenades and such, when in reality he has been doing this for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incident logs
    Spoiler Spoiler:

DSay comments
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw some of this from a Runner POV,

I don't know if he tought that HEFAs stun, but he was sure as hell using them like an absolute retard, after he got rav charged he got up and HEFA'd the retreating rav (3-4 tiles away from him) and fucked over a nearby marine really badly.

And the amount of trolling in dchat is suggesting that he was doing it on purpose.
    That's just my personal opinion though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I handle all non-whitelist player reports. But I was directly involved in this so I will simply add my account and let another Manager + handle this specific report.

Delta SG here. We were pushing into the hive in Civ Residences and there were a LOT of bad grenades (most grenades are bad grenades) but two were particularly bad. I do not know if they were all from one person, or even the person in question, as I neither record my rounds nor take screenshots. The first bad grenade happened when we pushed right into the heart of the area where the queen typically sets up. Right as several people push past the windows blocking the area with the pond and the area to the far left, A nade was thrown right in the middle of the marine push. That destroyed the push in one action. The second bad grenade was as we were retreating. I was one the last ones, if not the last one, out of the Civ Residences and had managed to scare the xenos away from the southern entrance to Civ (there were none in my NVG enabled sight) when a grenade landed one tile to my west. After the nade goes off at my feet I am swarmed by the rest of the hive and am killed.
    Last edited by Grimcad; 02-20-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was running a mini event at the time, so another admin went to do some investigation since some staff members were involved as victims. I'm just going to ask whatever manager handles this to check the notes on the player.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-21-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm...

?

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    swag please avoid posting just to bump. Reports and such can take some time. Even more if staff are involved in the situation as we have to let people uninvolved handle it. Be patient and managers will come to a decision
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.