December 14, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Consolat Nukes
    Their BYOND Key
    lunarflu
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 24 hours.

2) Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

3) Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    So. It was Kutjevo round with small amount of engineers, lurker gang camping outside of FOB, usuall stuff, yada-yada.
    After drop most of marines as usual rushed toward botany, leaving fob with bare minimum of personel. I started building reinforced walls at eastern exit of "pocket" at south of FOB, trying to safe at least 1 entrance from xenos attacks. At this moment we (me and another squadie) were attacked by 1 runner and 2 lurkers. We managed to deflect attack and after medics patched me up, I return to building. After 5 to 10 minutes I'm finished my fort and at this moment I head that front was collapsed. Xenos chased marines to FOB, Alamo already blocked closest (to me) rear entrance and I return to my fort, to kill as many xenos as I can, while they trying to siege Alamo.
    After Alamo departure one by one xenos begin lasing at my defences. During last stand I and my sentry managed to kill 3 xenos and heavely damaged many more. At this time I got message from "lunarflu" who asked my "Why am I building there?", which were odd, because during many other rounds when other staff members were present (especially few days ago with about 10 or more staff memebers online), nobody had issue with my forts. During siege I got few more questions from "lunarflu" and then when siege were done, I recieved ban for LRP and "griefing" of marines, which is absolutely random.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    Lifting of current ban with corresponding note, as well as warning to lunarflu for not to be so "trigger happy" on ban button.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, well I am the one who ahelped this. The main issue I saw was that the hold was meant to fail and that you didn't even put any effort into simply trying block off even one door to the Alamo. It was built to fail because you had absolutely no escape route and were completely away from anyone who would actively use it except in a last stand. You had enough resources to even block a door or two and make a small but still defendable cade line. But instead you decided to hold off in your own area to get a few extra kills, and yet allowed many other marines to die during even an attempt at an evac. Additionally while this is a bit more extra effort you could have also tried to inform the PO or have your SL inform command to get the PO to lock two sides of the doors to give any marine still left a single chance to escape because you did not have enough resources. In an addition to that you building a last stand fort means you're planning to fail and make an unjustified assumption that no engineers will arrive later on, req won't send down more resources and that command won't order MTs to scrap the Almayer and come down to help. These are my thoughts on the matter and why I ahelped it. And one extra thought because I play doctor a lot, a cade line near the Alamo landing pad would have given any doctors deploying an okay area to do surgery.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Ahelp and Msay logs were also DMed to the manager.

Intereactions in the round.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Orginal ahelp
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 12-15-2021 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Formating
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard the ahelp that a player was wasting resources and jumped to see if that was the case. What I saw was a nonexistent FOB overtaken with xenos and one marine in a well-defended corner.

I asked him what he's doing, and he says he's fortifying. Given that FOB doesn't appear to have been built I ask him what, exactly, he was fortifying.

At this point I ask 2 other staff for their advice as I don't want to jump the gun, and it's a good learning experience. One staff member tells me he has an extensive history of doing just this.

I tell him it's LRP, because I judged that an average marine would be helping his teammates instead of building a fort in a corner. There are ways to make such a fort still be helpful to other, retreating marines, but this one appeared only to be serving his goals. There are circumstances where such a fort would be fine - as the last marine in AA, for example, where it's do or die.

He says it's always been part of FOB, the other staff member disagrees. In any case, there was no FOB of any substance that was being supported.

Due to the greyness of this case I hesitated to call it outright grief, as clearly he wasn't being outright malicious. That said, I judged repeated LRP behaviour to be needing a ban as multiple other players were clearly annoyed with his antics.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked through this, the related logs and the conversation that lead to your ban.

It does seem like lunar probably didn't have to DM you for LRP. They absolutely should have DMed you for wasting a spot and a limited number ground role. Your line of reasoning here is that you were one of the only engines, which to me seems like an even bigger issue that you decided to fortify one spot that was not really being hit to build your own little fort.

If you want to mess around as a engineer, go MT. Squad Engineers are expected to help by doing engineer stuff at the front-line and the FOB, not build side projects to the side.

This report is RESOLVED - I will clarify with lunar what LRP bans are typically given out for, however your ban was justified so no modification is required.
    Senior Administrator