Byond ID?
    Moonshanks

CM Character?
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC+0:00 - UTC +1:00 (UK)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    6-8

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes I have run many Arma 3 groups, many D&D groups, and I have assisted in several start up SS13 servers. (Oh and my own MC servers but that was just with friends).

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I used to playon Aurora and Paradise

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Recent (2021) mentor aplication:

//showthrea...or-Application

Really old mod aplication (2016):

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...r_dusty#p77285

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Yes I run my own D&D discord with 27 members.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Paradise, LRP.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I cannot intervene if MPs have detained them unless the MPs wish for me to do so, and a IC solution seems to have been met, if that is the case I will not add a note. If they do this is a possible grief and I would issue a warning or check their notes for a history of this action this is a repeat offence, and issue a temp ban.

Rule 10.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I should report the predator to the predator council and let them bring sanctions, unless the predator has broken an in game rule, such as massgrief i.e. blowing up a large co-hort of marines who were not hostile to them, in which case I will a temp ban or warning for mass grief. WL players should know the rules better than non-WL players.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I am a community mentor currently, so I would fulfil my role as a mentor and a mod and spawn as SEA and show them the ropes.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    We cannot refer people to other staff members, the best I can do if I believe I have done something wrong is suggest he open another ahelp or report myself. However if he is just being rude then I have the right to mute him or close his thread. Also if I do mute him and therefore use a OOC intervention I will add that to their notes, and check their notes for any past actions like this.

Rule 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    John Doe is a common joke name but not a famous name tied to anyone. However joke names are not allowed in Rule 9 or the roleplay standards of the server, and at least in the UK, this is a joke name. I would message the player explaining this and explaining that since I messaged them about their name they have to have their name changed, however that they may message a memeber of management or put in a report to get this name authorised by management for use as a non-joke name. I would suggest they chang their name to something like John Miller, Smith, Brown or any other common surname. I would then check their notes for any previous reports of them being warned for joke names or using this exact name and being told not to, if I found a matching note I would issue a temp ban for ignoring a staff ruiling. Either way I would record in their notes that they were warned for using a joke name and that their name was changed, and they were advised to change it in the future,

Rule 9.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If they are running about on the ship, then this is a clear violation of SoP however I am not an MP and I would wait to see if any MP intervenes. If no MP does intervene and I believe they are committing LRP by becoming battle ready without a reason I would remind them of rule 2, and suggest that they put their armour and guns back, I would even suggest that I can show them some MT jobs and spawn as SEA to walk them through it if they would like. I would also put it in their notes that they broke rule 2, and if they had a history of doing this I would issue a temp ban.

Rule 2.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First I check logs to see if it actually happened as claimed. Survivors cannot be openly hostile to the marines from the get-go unless they have spawned as hostile (i.e. CLF). I would check if they spawned as hostile if so I would explain this to the marine, if they aren't I would check the note history of the survivor see if this is a repeat offence, if not I would issue a warning to them, aheal the affected parties (if it is recent) and leave a note on their account saying what they had done, if it is a repeat offence and they already have a note saying it was explained to them I may escalate it to a possible role ban for survivor or a temp ban for grief.

Rule 2.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would first investigate why they were arrested and question the MP mentioned. I would then check logs to see if their story matched up, if the ahelp is true I would then check MP logs to see if they have any past notes of it, if they do then I would issue a Jban or temp ban, and record what I did in their notes. However if there is a wider level of SoP violation within the MPs that round I would ask a senior mod, or admin or above if I or they could send in the Provosts to investigate in an IC manner.

Rule 11.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would issue a bioscan for the marines to show the numbers, and issue a QM announcement for the aliens to suggest taking hostages to boost their forces.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp it, I am staff however since I was involved I would seek help from other online staff members before I dealt with it myself, if I was the only staff online I would check the logs, confirm it was what they were doing, chat to them briefly and if they were doing it on purpose issue a jban for grief if they have only effected a small amount of marines, but if they have done it to a good few marines (around 3 and above) I would issue an immediate temp ban for mass greif.

Rule 4.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The players are not friendly so it is not end of round grief and I would explain this to the CLF member and explain how friendly fire is grief but fire between enemies or in the AO isn't.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is round start shenanigans and griefing. I would heal any damage done and return any items stolen, I would warn the marine who went around griefing and put it in their notes, if they had a history of this I may issue a temporary ban for griefing.

Rule 4/ Rule 2.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Since one of the marines has admitted to improper escalation I would check their notes to see if this is a repeated offence then issue a warning for improper escalation and depending on the severity possibly issue a temp ban. I would aheal the marine affected.

Rule 10.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    The mutiny needs five members and a leader, I would check to see if one naturally already exists, but if it does not, I would issue a warning over OOC that a munity needs five people and a leader and that they should gain this before continuing.

I would also check the reason for the mutiny, and if it was not valid I would deny it and issue temp bans for anyone who continued and was not picked up by MPs. I would also check the history of those who were ignoring the mutiny rules if they have done this repeatedly I would consider it a mass grief event as it can affect a large part of the round, and as such I would issue temp bans.

Rule 11.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    We do not allow or endorse Racism, Homophobia, sexism or transphobia in our server, if someone is hurt by it it should be taken seriously and those involved warned, and given a chance to stop, then have their note history updated to reflect it. Depending on the severity I may issue temp bans.

Rule 3.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Instant temp ban for round start shenanigans. Also possible escalation of ban for mass grief, if they had a history of this I would file for a perma ban. I would record it in their notes.

Rule 10, Rule 4, Rule 2.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would check to see if the player was new, then if not, I would issue a temporary ban for the larva frontlining. If they were totally new I may explain the rules to them and show leniency. Either way I would record it in their notes.

Rule 2.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would warn them for LRP as xeno and if they had a history of this I may role-ban them from xeno for repeated LRP. I would also record this in their notes.

Rule 2.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The hivemind translates the xenos thoughts into the english language for the sake of gameplay, calling it a dropship is not LRP however acting in LRP ways (i.e. saying lol or kek or other internet slang is). I would explain this to the player ahelping.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Command now knows that there are xenomorphs in universe but they do not know there are xenomorphs in the AO. I would check the announcements myself to see what they said, and if they mention xenos in the AO I would check their note history. If I see no note history of them doing this before I would issue a HC or ARES announcement that the briefing was wrong and there is no evidence of xenos in the AO. If they had previous notes of this I message the command staff in question correcting them and putting in a note that I had corrected them, if this is a repeat offence I may issue a job ban for LRP.

Rule 2.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would check to see if proper escolation had been followed, if you evac with more than three people a pod blows up so this is a life threatening event RP wise if they have asked the other player to leave IC and they haven't. I would then go from there and establish if proper escaltion was followed, if not I would issue a warning to the marine for grief for killing another marine and aheal the marine who had been killed, I would also record this in the offenders notes.

Rule 10.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I reserve the right to mute them in LOOC, OOC or Dchat, however I would personally prefer to ahelp it myself and have another member of staff handle it as a possible rule 3 violation. If no other staff are present I will punish it as a rule 3 violation and mute them. I would also record in their notes that they were hostile towards staff and were muted in Dchat and LOOC.

Rule 3.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I cannot help him being hugged while he was SSD if he was in the AO or on the ship during hijack, if he was gearing up not during Hijack I can use my admin powers to help as xenos can't target marines gearing up on the ship outside of hijack. Otherwise I cannot help. I make it clear to him that I am sorry, but I cannot help, and I suggest they turn on be-xenomorph-after-unrevivalbly dead and have some fun playing a xeno!

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I cannot personally overturn other staff decisions, if the information on the mhelp is wrong I may bring it up briefly in msay and see if we can solve it together. However if they are rude in their reply or I believe they are wrong in their enforcement of a rule on repeated occasions I will report it to the mod manager or a manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I cannot personally overturn other staff decisions, if I think the staff has broken the rules or enforced them improperly I will contact their manager (or if they are an admin or a manager) and report the event fully. However I will follow rule 0 and if it is an admin and a mod arguing, report that the admin used their override rights to enforce the rule as they felt fit.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I have played in this community since 2015 and have tried to be a mod before. I have seen what great things this community does and would like to promote that, I have also seen how this community can act especially towards LGBTQ+ or other less socially accepted members and would like to assist in stopping this where it is present.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience, people will almost always disagree with you and it is not your job to be 100% right from the get go. It's your job to wait and see and double check everything to make sure you end up being right before you make your final decision.

Anything else you
    I've been here for ages, I'm happy to answer any questions! fire away!

Also I am 20 and I'm educated, however I suffer from dyslexia so I apologise for any spelling errors in my application.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 12-19-2021 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Corrected for. Survivor hostile rule. Rule 0.1 misunderstanding. How many hours a week not month. Name ruiling change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: I think I made this clear in some but not all of my answers.

Unless someone explicitly admits to something (and even then) I intend on investigating each event via logs and note history before coming to a decision, and I wish to issue warnings for most non-repeate rulebreaks. I do however see it fit to issue temp bans or job bans for repeated rulebreaks. And every interaction I have with players that involves a rule break will go on their notes.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 12-18-2021 at 12:09 AM.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

The mutiny needs five members and a leader, I would check to see if one naturally already exists, but if it does not, I would issue a warning over OOC that a munity needs five people and a leader and that they should gain this before continuing.

I would also check the reason for the mutiny, and if it was not valid I would deny it and issue temp bans for anyone who continued and was not picked up by MPs. I would also check the history of those who were ignoring the mutiny rules if they have done this repeatedly I would consider it a mass grief event as it can affect a large part of the round, and as such I would issue temp bans.

Rule 11.
    Correct, though sometimes this may not be the situation. Sometimes it may be, as the question asks, pretty spontaneous and the unauthorized mutineers have gathered and are about to do something irrational - in that situation, don't be afraid to sleep everyone in view. Announce via MOOC that the mutiny was unauthorized and for non-slept people to not interfere with players who have been slept. From there, you can start your investigation.

Very solid application, even going as far as to pull the rule used when applicable. As for in game, I've seen you enough to know that you're very capable of helping new players with both combat and shipside roles and more than willing to do so. As for your out of game activity, it looks like you've been nothing but insightful on other player's mentor applications.

+1
    Last edited by 6DIRTY; 12-19-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer_Dusty View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I cannot intervene if MPs have detained them unless the MPs wish for me to do so, and a IC solution seems to have been met, if that is the case I will not add a note. If they do this is a possible grief and I would issue a warning or check their notes for a history of this action this is a repeat offence, and issue a temp ban.

Rule 10.
    Not a bad answer, but you actually have precedence. Just because MPs got to him first doesn't really matter too much from a server rules break perspective. If you were gonna issue a 28 days ban based on notes, an MP arresting them won't make it so they get off scot-free. Now if you wish to leave it IC as per Rule 0, sure that may be an option in some cases, tho grief is usually not one, and typically comes with a 3h ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I should report the predator to the predator council and let them bring sanctions, unless the predator has broken an in game rule, such as massgrief i.e. blowing up a large co-hort of marines who were not hostile to them, in which case I will a temp ban or warning for mass grief. WL players should know the rules better than non-WL players.
    The Wl half of the answer is decent, the mass grief one is worrisome. The main point is that it is wl issue not a server rules one. The procedure is for them to make a report rather than you, and to this end you may aid in the investigation, with details such as providing the ckey of the player and getting an overall idea of what happened. Logs are typically pulled by the staff team for WL reports, so doing some of the investigation in the round is ok, but you are there to aid in investigating, not pass judgment. I am pretty worried about suggesting you will warn for mass grief? That is quite a ways off what would be appropriate.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I am a community mentor currently, so I would fulfil my role as a mentor and a mod and spawn as SEA and show them the ropes.
    Not a bad answer, except you can't mechanically do that, and even later on when you do have spawn perms as smod, you still should not do that rules-wise, (you still have to ask someone else to do it for you). Additionally as a clarification, all Mods are Mentors, technically I think actually all Staff are Mentors. That said the details of how you would teach them, are already covered by your job as a mentor, and in your mentor app, so them lacking here is fine.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    We cannot refer people to other staff members, the best I can do if I believe I have done something wrong is suggest he open another ahelp or report myself. However if he is just being rude then I have the right to mute him or close his thread. Also if I do mute him and therefore use a OOC intervention I will add that to their notes, and check their notes for any past actions like this.

Rule 3.
    Decent answer. The rule is primarily about it being discouraged to send them off to someone, especially if at THEIR request. But there are legitimate cases to do it, such as you needing someone with event perms to do complete their ahelp, or it being related to another ahelp, or you having IRL issues to deal with. The workaround of the ahelping again amounts to the same thing as referring them. Additionally, you refer people to mentors all the time too for gameplay questions sent in as ahelps, it is just the 'i wish to speak to your manager cases' that you should be firm with, as your opinion is final. This is covered primarily under Rule 0.2, rather than Rule 3.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    John Doe is a common joke name but not a famous name tied to anyone. However joke names are not allowed in Rule 9 or the roleplay standards of the server, and at least in the UK, this is a joke name. I would message the player explaining this and explaining that since I messaged them about their name they have to have their name changed, however that they may message a memeber of management or put in a report to get this name authorised by management for use as a non-joke name. I would suggest they chang their name to something like John Miller, Smith, Brown or any other common surname. I would then check their notes for any previous reports of them being warned for joke names or using this exact name and being told not to, if I found a matching note I would issue a temp ban for ignoring a staff ruiling. Either way I would record in their notes that they were warned for using a joke name and that their name was changed, and they were advised to change it in the future,

Rule 9.
    Good answer.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If they are running about on the ship, then this is a clear violation of SoP however I am not an MP and I would wait to see if any MP intervenes. If no MP does intervene and I believe they are committing LRP by becoming battle ready without a reason I would remind them of rule 2, and suggest that they put their armour and guns back, I would even suggest that I can show them some MT jobs and spawn as SEA to walk them through it if they would like. I would also put it in their notes that they broke rule 2, and if they had a history of doing this I would issue a temp ban.

Rule 2.
    Acceptable answer, and decently reasoned, but the line drawn by you is a bit stricter than the one we typically do. Normally for this, we would leave it IC, whether or not MPs deal with it. Once they frontline or metagame that is when it crosses the line typically.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First I check logs to see if it actually happened as claimed. Survivors cannot be openly hostile to the marines from the get-go unless they have spawned as hostile (i.e. CLF). I would check if they spawned as hostile if so I would explain this to the marine, if they aren't I would check the note history of the survivor see if this is a repeat offence, if not I would issue a warning to them, aheal the affected parties (if it is recent) and leave a note on their account saying what they had done, if it is a repeat offence and they already have a note saying it was explained to them I may escalate it to a possible role ban for survivor or a temp ban for grief.

Rule 2.
    Good answer. Notably, if you wish to issue a jban you must issue a tempban alongside it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would first investigate why they were arrested and question the MP mentioned. I would then check logs to see if their story matched up, if the ahelp is true I would then check MP logs to see if they have any past notes of it, if they do then I would issue a Jban or temp ban, and record what I did in their notes. However if there is a wider level of SoP violation within the MPs that round I would ask a senior mod, or admin or above if I or they could send in the Provosts to investigate in an IC manner.

Rule 11.
    Half of the answer is good, half of it is a bit off. Everything is good up until, following up to see if more violations have occurred. The idea to make sure there aren't a lot of other serious violations by the mp is probably ok. However downgrading to a provost in such a case is iffy, sending a provost additionally for the other violations may be the right call.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would issue a bioscan for the marines to show the numbers, and issue a QM announcement for the aliens to suggest taking hostages to boost their forces.
    Not a great answer. Bioscans are automatic, there is no button for them. If aliens aren't attacking they are not able to get caps either for a similar reason given caps are harder to get than kills. Your options kinda boil down to SM the Commander to tell him to win and stop delaying or QM the aliens into a suicide push. With more perms more options are possible, and ideally, you should ask an admin for assistance here as round balance is their area of work.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp it, I am staff however since I was involved I would seek help from other online staff members before I dealt with it myself, if I was the only staff online I would check the logs, confirm it was what they were doing, chat to them briefly and if they were doing it on purpose issue a jban for grief if they have only effected a small amount of marines, but if they have done it to a good few marines (around 3 and above) I would issue an immediate temp ban for mass greif.

Rule 4.
    Decent answer. Yeah, dont get involved unless you absolutely have to, i.e. it is mass grief and no one else can deal with it, everything else can pretty much wait, or be ignored.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The players are not friendly so it is not end of round grief and I would explain this to the CLF member and explain how friendly fire is grief but fire between enemies or in the AO isn't.
    Almost right. Just because the shooting is in the AO doesn't make it fine. The only criteria is for it to be between hostile factions. EORG between marines planet side is still EORG, as it would be shipside.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is round start shenanigans and griefing. I would heal any damage done and return any items stolen, I would warn the marine who went around griefing and put it in their notes, if they had a history of this I may issue a temporary ban for griefing.

Rule 4/ Rule 2.
    Ok answer. But again a bit more strict than we typically are. It depends a lot on what they stole. It is not grief if they stole boots, it could be if they stole the sadar, and it 100% is if they tosed it down the ares pit.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Since one of the marines has admitted to improper escalation I would check their notes to see if this is a repeated offence then issue a warning for improper escalation and depending on the severity possibly issue a temp ban. I would aheal the marine affected.

Rule 10.
    Good answer.

Rule 11.
    Decent answer. I will only add to what Dirty has said. Typically we tend to sanction only the leader(s) in such a case.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    We do not allow or endorse Racism, Homophobia, sexism or transphobia in our server, if someone is hurt by it it should be taken seriously and those involved warned, and given a chance to stop, then have their note history updated to reflect it. Depending on the severity I may issue temp bans.

Rule 3.
    Good answer.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Instant temp ban for round start shenanigans. Also possible escalation of ban for mass grief, if they had a history of this I would file for a perma ban. I would record it in their notes.

Rule 10, Rule 4, Rule 2.
    That's not quite how escalation works. This would be just Mass Grief, so something in the ballpark of a 1-week ban would be probably be issued by default. Escalation means you move on to the next ban length if they have prior notes (for this rulebreak) or they are rude in ahelps or stuff like that, you don't escalate because it happens to be covered under multiple rules. That said, the answer isn't bad.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would check to see if the player was new, then if not, I would issue a temporary ban for the larva frontlining. If they were totally new I may explain the rules to them and show leniency. Either way I would record it in their notes.

Rule 2.
    Decent answer. You may warn them even if they arent new the first time or so, as a lot of players are new to Xeno even if they arent new to the server. I'd also factor in intent, suicide vs stupid/unlucky.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would warn them for LRP as xeno and if they had a history of this I may role-ban them from xeno for repeated LRP. I would also record this in their notes.

Rule 2.
    Good answer.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    The hivemind translates the xenos thoughts into the english language for the sake of gameplay, calling it a dropship is not LRP however acting in LRP ways (i.e. saying lol or kek or other internet slang is). I would explain this to the player ahelping.
    Good answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Command now knows that there are xenomorphs in universe but they do not know there are xenomorphs in the AO. I would check the announcements myself to see what they said, and if they mention xenos in the AO I would check their note history. If I see no note history of them doing this before I would issue a HC or ARES announcement that the briefing was wrong and there is no evidence of xenos in the AO. If they had previous notes of this I message the command staff in question correcting them and putting in a note that I had corrected them, if this is a repeat offence I may issue a job ban for LRP.

Rule 2.
    Decent answer. Tho generally you pm by default. Ares tends to be more of an event thing, and in general, you should avoid using it as mod. As a tmod you may not use it at all, in a similar manner to SM and Faxes.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would check to see if proper escolation had been followed, if you evac with more than three people a pod blows up so this is a life threatening event RP wise if they have asked the other player to leave IC and they haven't. I would then go from there and establish if proper escaltion was followed, if not I would issue a warning to the marine for grief for killing another marine and aheal the marine who had been killed, I would also record this in the offenders notes.

Rule 10.
    Decent answer. Tho im not 100% sure they have to ask first, especially if xenos have landed, but this tends to be a judgment call most of the time and very specific to each situation.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I reserve the right to mute them in LOOC, OOC or Dchat, however I would personally prefer to ahelp it myself and have another member of staff handle it as a possible rule 3 violation. If no other staff are present I will punish it as a rule 3 violation and mute them. I would also record in their notes that they were hostile towards staff and were muted in Dchat and LOOC.

Rule 3.
    Decent answer. It would also be permissible to handle it yourself, and possibly issue a ban too, escalating as needed as per note history. It also falls under Rule 0.2 primarily rather than Rule 3.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I cannot help him being hugged while he was SSD if he was in the AO or on the ship during hijack, if he was gearing up not during Hijack I can use my admin powers to help as xenos can't target marines gearing up on the ship outside of hijack. Otherwise I cannot help. I make it clear to him that I am sorry, but I cannot help, and I suggest they turn on be-xenomorph-after-unrevivalbly dead and have some fun playing a xeno!
    Good answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I cannot personally overturn other staff decisions, if the information on the mhelp is wrong I may bring it up briefly in msay and see if we can solve it together. However if they are rude in their reply or I believe they are wrong in their enforcement of a rule on repeated occasions I will report it to the mod manager or a manager.
    Good answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I cannot personally overturn other staff decisions, if I think the staff has broken the rules or enforced them improperly I will contact their manager (or if they are an admin or a manager) and report the event fully. However I will follow rule 0 and if it is an admin and a mod arguing, report that the admin used their override rights to enforce the rule as they felt fit.
    Good answer.

The original app posted didn't take into account past apps due to you not being able to find them and assuming they were private. For the most part, I'm happy to consider this version as your app. Some of the answers are notably different from the original ones and that is to be expected. However, I do ask that you no longer in place modify your app, if you wish to correct anything make a new reply.

A lot of answers are decent, but a few have some notable details off the mark. In general, it tends to be around the mechanics of the moderation system and details regarding it, tho there are one or 2 that seem to be an error in the rules applying. Thos most of this can be handed in training.

There is however something that does stand out to me, that being you saying in the WL question you may give a warning for mass grief, tho in the mass grief question that you say you may file for perma if it is not the first time. Which is it, they are on the polar ends of the punishments we issue.

If something is handled by MPs, or ICly, it doesn't have a super large bearing on whether or not it is of concern to you as a mod.

Regarding your ML knowledge, it is pretty decent, and while I have noticed some errors in it, they probably are caused by you going over every bit of ml and corner case. On average id would say you know it better than most, and well enough for being a mod.

You have no new notes since your mentor app. However similar concerns about playtime exist. I request you post your playtimes this time around too. My impression back then was "Your recent notes are relatively clean, tho they only reflect about 100h of playtime. ", this was about 1 month ago.

While I have some concerns about it being too early for you to move up to mod, they aren't dealbreaking.

In general, I have a positive impression in your interactions in-game, on discord, and as a mentor.

I will formally vote only after others have weighed in however.
    Last edited by ito726; 12-19-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post

The original app posted didn't take into account past apps due to you not being able to find them and assuming they were private. For the most part, I'm happy to consider this version as your app. Some of the answers are notably different from the original ones and that is to be expected. However, I do ask that you no longer in place modify your app, if you wish to correct anything make a new reply.

A lot of answers are decent, but a few have some notable details off the mark. In general, it tends to be around the mechanics of the moderation system and details regarding it, tho there are one or 2 that seem to be an error in the rules applying. Thos most of this can be handed in training.
    I have read the resources avalible to me, to be honest the reason I failed my last app in 2016 is because I had very little training or contact with my supervisor as they were busy throughout the trial period,and I miss implemented the mod abilities.

There is however something that does stand out to me, that being you saying in the WL question you may give a warning for mass grief, tho in the mass grief question that you say you may file for perma if it is not the first time. Which is it, they are on the polar ends of the punishments we issue.
    See littlePenPunisher's app for mentor where this was marked as a good answer, but that he had missed the fact that he could treat it as a mass-grief event if rules were broken.

If something is handled by MPs, or ICly, it doesn't have a super large bearing on whether or not it is of concern to you as a mod.
    this comes from a missunderstanding whereby another mod told me in ahelps, if it is dealt with ICly they shouldn't really deal with it unless asked to expressly.

Regarding your ML knowledge, it is pretty decent, and while I have noticed some errors in it, they probably are caused by you going over every bit of ml and corner case. On average id would say you know it better than most, and well enough for being a mod.
    I believe I have a strong understanding of ML however I would say that no one person can keep all of ML in their head at all times, and even to this day (despite being confident with CMP since 2016/17) I will make sure I check to confirm I am right whenever I feel unsure, or (more importantly) whenever someone asks if I am as well.

You have no new notes since your mentor app. However similar concerns about playtime exist. I request you post your playtimes this time around too. My impression back then was "Your recent notes are relatively clean, tho they only reflect about 100h of playtime. ", this was about 1 month ago.
    Sadly I took a break from CM13 right about when the timelock was introduced only playing on and off. I joined again and have racked up 150 ish hours under the new playtime. I cannot give you any other evidence than my word that I played regularly from 2015 to around late 2018/early 2019 other than I appear on the discord, and that I also appear in one or two other reports (as a witness not against me). My original account on the forum is made sometime back in 2016 and had to be changed due to it not matching my ckey, which this one now doesn't as my ckey has changed. I do feel however that I have sparse notes regularly throughout my playtime that shows the regular level of minor notes you'd expect, and one note I consider major back in early 2019 that was corrected for.

My playtimes are as follows, but to prove my knoweldge I'd be happy to answer some basic questions about all the roles?

While I have some concerns about it being too early for you to move up to mod, they aren't dealbreaking.

In general, I have a positive impression in your interactions in-game, on discord, and as a mentor.

I will formally vote only after others have weighed in however.
    Thank you! I like to think I leave a positive impression, I would also like to suggest that I am new *to the timelock area of gameplay* and that stuff has changed since then that I feel I have since picked up during my mentorship. But that I am by no means new to the game, and considering how much I was playing, I figured out that back in 2018 ish CM was my most played game with roughly between 750-1000 hours of gameplay on it (though I have no way other than my word to provide it, and I worked it out by taking my average playtime in a week and estimating it out over the weeks I knew or suspected I had played. TLR, I've been here on and off solidly for about 6 nearing 7 years by my own account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post

These two I want to answer in more detail. I do belive the first one is a missunderstanding of previous mod apps and as such I'm more than happy to go back on that answer, though I think it is something that can be fixed possibly in training.

The next one came up from various ahelp discussions and I believe it is a personal missunderstanding of the line between IC intervention and OOC intervention, though I will be following your correction on this from here and our discussions in DMs in the future.

As for my playtimes I forgot to link the image last time so here are my playtimes currently:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) ok answers overall,
    2) active ingame,
    3) extremely active in discord, notably mentor and help channels,
    4) Notes have been clean recently,

Worth giving you a trial in my opinion. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See littlePenPunisher's app for mentor
    Eh...?

Err, anyways...

All the objective stuff has been said already by the others. That is to say, you handled those very well and proved you know Staff procedures and the Rules - whether you know ML or not is obviously a silly question given you're an MP main.

Your playtime seems low, I agree. 153 isn't a whole lot. That being said, I've seen you so many times throughout the last month or two that it seems like you never sleep - this evidently has to either be you really enjoying the game or me going insane (it's both).

I think enjoying the game is a big thing for being a good staff member, and you really do seem to have that enjoyment in you at the moment which I'm sure can and will kickstart your career ("""career""") as staff starting as a Trial Mod. You know all the rules and regulations, and while you do not have the raw hours you certainly have the spirit to make yourself seem more guilded and experienced with just 150 hours than some of our PFC mains who have clocked in 3k hours but behave like they're immature toddlers with 3 hours clocked.

Mature, skilled and willing is how I'd summarize you in this regard. Viktor Mallard is always great to have around IC and outside the game, on Discord, you're equally as relaxing and neat to talk to and with.

Major +1 from my end.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a perfect app, but nothing that can't be worked out. +1

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)