User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: People simple refuse to follow orders, briefings are pointless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree the briefing has become useless because most XOs or COs simply report the same orders after the briefing with the Announcement
    So that's the point of the briefing?
    Last edited by Lucif; 12-27-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breifing orders are usually just the meta of whatever map they're on, there's just not much opportunity to get creative and even when you do try people will bitch about it endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmy2 View Post
    This is a thread about following orders or the lack their of, dont derail it with your hate boners, make your own thread.
    It's directly related to the issue since some people think this is a bigger consequence of lack of RP we're not deraling anything moron
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made the thread and I don't mind it being derailed, some issues will never pop up unless somebody pokes you the right way.

With that said, I would really like to hear solutions to the problems. Specifically in this case, if CO really wants marines to actually listen to the orders and not just unga ball, he has to reward them.

Now an unga will never RP so you can't give him a silver pin, he simply won't care. What you can do how ever, is have set objectives that only CIC knows and it directly rewards the marines completing it.

E.g.: Restore power. To restore it, you need an item that CIC need to announce where to find. If you missed briefing you might not know where it is. Once you got said item, you can restore power. Once power restored, marines who were there at the power station, will have access to a crate (dropped from an other ship REQ or unlocked) with goodies that marines WHO WERE THERE can actually take. Inci slugs, extended mag WITH AP, sentry for engis, mats, advanced defibs, 1 extra OB, B8 that attaches to any weapon etc.

If you do it like this, even if I'm in full unga mode, I still want those dope things to unga even better and trust me I will listen to orders and follow them. But for now, really not much point.

Any other ideas that will help with this?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Colonial Marines! have a look around. There's so much to see what it is about, we got mountains of unused contents, some better some worse. if none of it's of interest to you, you're not the first.
    Welcome to Colonial Marines! what would you prefer? would you like to fight for Role-Play rights or post a racist gif!
    Alright I'm done shit posting

for real though, People do actually follow orders If
    1) they're not an NPC that can't look to the right of the screen(that exist and I have mentored them before)
    2) they want to actually follow the orders
    3) the order is from someone who they have a reason to listen to
    yes, I understand you being SO/XO will mean people should listen to you but....... just like in real life unless you are someone people actually know and cares about. what is your name and rank backed up with? The gold standard for any currency has sucked because currency can easily lose its value because there's nothing to back it up with. compared to if we literally just made our money out of gold (which would be more expensive obviously but because it's literally made out of gold, it's not going to really lose its values over time)
    ok, I am also very out of touch with CM as I have never unlocked XO after I switched accounts and have never really given a shit about leading marines.
    But I want to also tell you that if people actually got a reason to listen to you, they will.
    I have played more of alternative CM and I feel like the problem comes from... well, everyone! everyone is part of the problem and there's not necessarily any single bad actor. it's an amounting fuck up from the past that's been hitting us.
    anyway bye
    :serveroffline:
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 12-28-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    The arguments are kind of funny to watch.

Real question though: when was the last time you received useful orders from CIC? I get annoyed when I see the tenth announcement saying "You are doing (great/bad)! Get (in/out) of (location)."

I generally ignore briefing because nothing useful is said there. I would like to see officers actually try to actually coordinate things instead of being vague commentators or murderball cheerleaders.
    Coordination is near impossible from CIC. Combat moves far faster then any order you can type, which means coordination is in the hands of SL's and unless you get a full roster of good/respected SL's (rarely happens) marines will fuck off to murder ball and ignore their SL orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hear there, this is the XO.

Follow your fucking orders!

I am telling you to pull back so you don’t get ripped to bloody shreads by that giant fuck-ofd Xeno flank to your West.

No, Marines, stop pushing that fucking choke, you are giving them caps.

Marines, for fucks sake, send coordinates for Orbital Bombardment and we can just break this bloody stalemate.

SHITTING HELL, WE’RE AT THE HIVE, DON’T YOU DARE PULL BACK NOW!

Alright well, shits fucked, pull back to the FOB for evac.

That is all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are just very few marines who are good at the game
    most are npcs who stare and do nothing and are super fucking afraid to push any corner or sacrifice themselves so the push goes forward
    good marines know to follow good cic players and good orders and will ignore bad ones
    retarded marines/npcs just dont care at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and there are more and more people like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails of Akira View Post
    Welcome to Colonial Marines! have a look around. There's so much to see what it is about, we got mountains of unused contents, some better some worse. if none of it's of interest to you, you're not the first.
    Welcome to Colonial Marines! what would you prefer? would you like to fight for Role-Play rights or post a racist gif!
    Alright I'm done shit posting

for real though, People do actually follow orders If
    1) they're not an NPC that can't look to the right of the screen(that exist and I have mentored them before)
    2) they want to actually follow the orders
    3) the order is from someone who they have a reason to listen to
    yes, I understand you being SO/XO will mean people should listen to you but....... just like in real life unless you are someone people actually know and cares about. what is your name and rank backed up with? The gold standard for any currency has sucked because currency can easily lose its value because there's nothing to back it up with. compared to if we literally just made our money out of gold (which would be more expensive obviously but because it's literally made out of gold, it's not going to really lose its values over time)
    ok, I am also very out of touch with CM as I have never unlocked XO after I switched accounts and have never really given a shit about leading marines.
    But I want to also tell you that if people actually got a reason to listen to you, they will.
    I have played more of alternative CM and I feel like the problem comes from... well, everyone! everyone is part of the problem and there's not necessarily any single bad actor. it's an amounting fuck up from the past that's been hitting us.
    anyway bye
    :serveroffline:
    Beautiful words from a beautiful man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    I made the thread and I don't mind it being derailed, some issues will never pop up unless somebody pokes you the right way.

With that said, I would really like to hear solutions to the problems. Specifically in this case, if CO really wants marines to actually listen to the orders and not just unga ball, he has to reward them.

Now an unga will never RP so you can't give him a silver pin, he simply won't care. What you can do how ever, is have set objectives that only CIC knows and it directly rewards the marines completing it.

E.g.: Restore power. To restore it, you need an item that CIC need to announce where to find. If you missed briefing you might not know where it is. Once you got said item, you can restore power. Once power restored, marines who were there at the power station, will have access to a crate (dropped from an other ship REQ or unlocked) with goodies that marines WHO WERE THERE can actually take. Inci slugs, extended mag WITH AP, sentry for engis, mats, advanced defibs, 1 extra OB, B8 that attaches to any weapon etc.

If you do it like this, even if I'm in full unga mode, I still want those dope things to unga even better and trust me I will listen to orders and follow them. But for now, really not much point.

Any other ideas that will help with this?
    I believe that medals should be given for direct and correct execution of tasks
    Or it is necessary to think up pluses for marines so to say mini medals for execution of these orders
    or something like points I don't know