User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LightBeast - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will weigh in on this because I was the Xeno Queen this round who filed the original Ahelp.

Specifically on the following
    • "if you're going to instantly permaban players without warning to avoid this absurdity happening to new players if they screw around and get a larva killed whether its vital to the round or not. I've seen lots of screwing around with larva." - We take care of each combat-larva on a case by case basis, Many people get warnings and many get job bans outright depending on the situation.

• "I would never intentionally try and grief the xeno team" - You intentionally sabotaged one of the limited slots at the time with a direct suicide, We were pushing the marines back and waiting on more to burst shortly after and very well could have won as the marine numbers dwindled steady. This is indeed team grief when you sacrifice 1 of 7 or so alive slots at the time, Thats a 1/7th hit to a team. I have won rounds as queen with only 1 lurker and 1 drone with me vs 40+ marines with a combination of amazing team play and coordination.

• "It had been going on for THREE HOURS" - Length of the round is irrelevant regardless, Its not your call to try and end the progress of hundreds of people vying for their objectives. That is for admins and event coordinators to decide.

• "and I was pissed after having a great marine round then dying to dumb shit like stepping in a hugger trap and being neuro-spammed inside of an alien door that apparently marines can't open or even punch anymore to escape. I expected the mods would understand this" - We do understand and suffer the same of our own faults when we play, However we took into consideration your action and response to the matter which was very poor to say the least. And thus it was escalated to a job ban by general consensus of multiple moderators including myself after a brief discussion following your reactions.

• "An immediate permanent ban from playing half the game is ridiculous unless the player somehow griefed the entire round/team hard though" - You did just this by using suicide as your option in one of the very few slots we had at the time instead of ghosting and allowing someone who cared to fill the role.

As far as i'm concerned your reaction, reason and general disregard for other players and the round as a whole is very disrespectful. This very well could have been a warning until you responded in the way that you did in the round. And as such have now been warned for behavior after the fact which i can only assume is caused from this. You have been playing long enough to know better and as such, I'm giving a hard -1 on this appeal simply due to the attitude shown at the time this happened and how this appeal was written.

I do hate having to see things like this happen, I really do. I don't enjoy it when i have to job ban or ban anyone for anything. We are all here to play a game and have fun however actions have consequences.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone has said anything I'd have said, but frankly, far better than I could have. As they've said, you admitted to intentionally getting killed as a larva, and while we understand that rounds can be very frustrating at times, it is never acceptable to grief because of it.

The fact you were NOT a new player was also a significant reason for the ban, as you should have known better. We understand that new players make mistakes, but as you said yourself, you are not a new player.

I'm really only rehashing points that have already been made, so in conclusion, I don't feel this appeal accepts any responsibility for your actions. You don't seem to care that you broke the rules, and instead want to argue about the rules and why you shouldn't be in trouble. I think it goes without saying that I cannot support this appeal, especially with your attitude. -1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing any admission of guilt here. You seem to believe the moderator was the problem, when your actions were the problem. You broke the rule, knowingly, and willingly. You're not entitled to a free get out of jail card in the form of a warning.

Denied, change your attitude and be thankful it was left at that.
    Last edited by Sir Lordington; 02-20-2019 at 11:52 PM.