Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove Fiorna or Revert to Prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    One year from now:

"Why did they remove annex? It was the best map in rotation at the time!!!!!"

It happened to Ice, to Soro, to Prison, and to Corsat.

It'll happen here too.
    Ok then fix the map and don't remove it

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    Ok then fix the map and don't remove it
    Ok - how?

You say make it smaller, but Trijent is bigger than Annex, and you're not making posts about removing Trijent, so it's hard to believe size is the main factor at play here. I personally have some ideas on how the map could be fixed, but are in practice hard to execute and the predominant feature of the map (yard) would likely be axed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Ok - how?

You say make it smaller, but Trijent is bigger than Annex, and you're not making posts about removing Trijent, so it's hard to believe size is the main factor at play here. I personally have some ideas on how the map could be fixed, but are in practice hard to execute and the predominant feature of the map (yard) would likely be axed.
    Ok here is my easiest suggestion. Don't let xenos weed past yard. This is one of the easiest things to implement and is the main difference between Trijent and Fiorina. Also in Trijent the water slows the game down for the xenos and LZ2 is actually viable. Also imho axing yard wouldn't be the worst thing. As it stands its kind of a noob trap. Its usually better to push the top or the bottom lane and don't bother with it

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old prison was a cool, fast and short beast of a map and stood alongside classic and always good LV and Big Red. But instead of introducing podlock system nearly exactly the same as LV fog, they decided to scrap it because reasons.

Bring back old prison and scatter a lot of cool unused gear around, so that we can dress in tactical and tacticool turtlenecks to act as special forces.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Old prison was a cool, fast and short beast of a map and stood alongside classic and always good LV and Big Red. But instead of introducing podlock system nearly exactly the same as LV fog, they decided to scrap it because reasons.

Bring back old prison and scatter a lot of cool unused gear around, so that we can dress in tactical and tacticool turtlenecks to act as special forces.
    podlocks actually *worked*, the only change needed was the positioning of the gap being random rather than always at chapel. and making it harder for xenos to hold ground outside the locks
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like science annex
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fiorina1.jpg

i love fiorina

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I logged in just to tell you I love cell block as survivor and xeno. absolutely hate it as marine. same with science annex. common thing these two map have in common is being insanely unviable for a regular fighting force like marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails of Akira View Post
    I logged in just to tell you I love cell block as survivor and xeno. absolutely hate it as marine. same with science annex. common thing these two map have in common is being insanely unviable for a regular fighting force like marines.
    no i agree. as a former surv main I do actually like fiorna but my enjoyment is reduced after surviving the first 20 minutes ironically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digging up the yard improved the Sci Annex experience a lot, but, even before the yard was removed, Sci Annex is leaps and bounds better than the 2-tile hellhole known as old prison.

Especially now, considering that the LZs are both paper with the wall changes.

Old Ice had *soul*. It was a bad map but it was bad in a really interesting way. Old Prison was just bad.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler: