0 Thread(s)

Brother_Jeff - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Brother_Jeff

Player Name You Use Most?
    Imhotep Richblood

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    n/a

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC-07

What is your discord username and handle?
    the real him#0299

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Personally I think the job of CO is to be the head honcho, the big man up top that marines can look at and think “oh okay so this guy knows what he’s doing”, and whose said operations, will either lead the marines towards glory or bring them all down in a blaze of burning glory. To go further in that, the CO has the special power to make the game 10x better for everyone involved, by that I mean through the special powers CO has (SOP change, pardoning people, making plans, etc. CO also has the offhand job of giving his final word on anything ML related.
    Of course CO isn’t always about the groundside game. The CO’s also there to make sure everything is running okay in between the departments and the marines, MPs acting up? You’re the final judge of anything ML related, put down the hammer on them. Marines acting rowdy? Your word is law, telling them to stand down just through your words, as well as being sort of a role model for the marines, OOCly and ICly, following rules, ML, and everything else level-headedly, you’re a half-admin basically, being an example for everyone by creating engaging RP interactions shipside.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    The truth? God holy shit I’m tired of seeing the same 4 strategies deployed every round “ok go to hydro blow up the chokepoints fix the dam and then go into filtration and clear the caves” I want to be a tactical mastermind on the field or in the sky, with using unconventional strategies that yes, while may not be totally efficient, sure are memorable as hell. And personally, I enjoy the small interactions between me and the members of the crew whenever I play command. I'd like to create more situations like that where there’s more downtime for RP, whether that be in the backlines of a front or up in CIC in the mess hall or something.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    (Imhotep wakes up late to find out the crew's in shambles oorah)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...g3c3BHpB0/edit
    (If you’ve ever watched the Venture Bros, I try to base Imhotep heavily off of Colonel Gathers lol)

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Very familiar, I know how marine pushes work, (momentum, dead bodies where the meds are, flanks, marine morale, etc.) the various roles SOs the COs, the marines, and myself play to nicely pack together to make an operation run smooth, and as well how to make CIC run like a well-oiled machine. I’ve played SL while I was grinding for XO hours so I know how a good XO/CO can absolutely morph the battlefield in their favor, as well as how to properly give orders out in the field.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    34, Oorah.

My hours : https://gyazo.com/0a85172d8de74cfabf3237cfac5653f4

(I’ve played the game a bit before 2019, around a couple months before the hours reset, but wasn’t as invested in the game as much as now, I know shit like req and everything else.)

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Pretty familiar. I know my hours aren’t speaking well for me so I’ll go in depth into what the heads do to make up for it lol.

CMP – Runs brig, the CMP delegates his MPs (and warden) to deal with any shipside matters that happen on the ship. As well as making sure his/hers underlings aren’t being shitheads, as in the MPs aren’t arresting based on false charges, making sure the prisoners’ rights aren’t infringed. Basically keeping ML troubles out of the commander’s and CIC’s hair.

CE – Pretty simple, CE only has like, 3 real jobs lol, but generally the CE’s your go-to person if you want the OB loaded, fix random holes in the ship, wrangle MTs if they aren’t having a war with MPs. CE’s also pretty reliable if no squad engineers woke up and you need someone competent to build up FOB.

RO – Ro’s the glue that holds req together, they establish a steady supply chain between all the marines, juggling order requests, launching crates to fob and frontline (and sometimes hydro); and knowing the said coords for them, as well as having express knowledge on where everything is in req and the categories in ASRS, to have the marines constantly topped off with a steady stream of supplies. RO also has his/her minions (the CTs) at their disposal, to lighten up the workload themselves.

CMO – The work of a CMO is pretty easy, it’s basically just making sure chemistry’s manned, authorizing deployments of doctors and nurses; and with that having them go down properly equipped (skill and equipment wise), and overseeing research and making sure they know what they’re doing and won’t blow up out of nowhere for some reason, and if there’s no SEA, CMO can be a pretty good mentor for nurses.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    I’d say pretty familiar but I could be better, I do read over ML and SOP whenever I get bored and have nothing else to do, and when I play XO I’ve dealt with appeals that needed me to be the mediator, and I do know how to handle with those accordingly, (get both sides of the story, see what caused the arrest/actions in the first place, accept/deny the appeal depending if their actions were justifiable and happened in the heat of the moment), and personally I’m not a big fan of delegating someone else to do it, unless if I’m super busy or the only one in CIC. If this helps my case at all I do have an absolute fuck-ton of hours as HOS and Warden on base SS13 (around 300) lol, so I do know the gist of arrest procedures, talking to criminals, dealing with shitty MP/Sec Officers and dealing with space law/military law clusterfucks.

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    Personally, I believe that a BE (for me at least) should be used as sparingly as possible, a deterrent if you will, that’s only used if your life is 100% in danger, or the safety of others is in danger, as well as the integrity of the operation, but generally I usually like to try and talk shit out with people, as in give them VERY stern warnings on not to do whatever shit they just pulled again.

For example; I’m having the marines hold outside one of the fabled hellchokes (LV caves entrances, Trijent dam checkpoints, Solaris filtration/lambda podlocks), to bait xenos into a OB, Windhealer style, and I’m sitting in the back while there’s a marine screaming “CO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?”, “PUSH THEM”, “SHITTY PLAN”, in his efforts I give him a VERY harsh warning about cutting his shit out. Naturally he doesn’t follow what I said and keeps on getting random marines to push and get picked off. I BE him for being a danger to the op and to his fellow marines.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    Pardons are legal as long as it’s not a capital crime, obviously. I personally would use pardons sparingly, mostly to improve someone’s round, or if an ESSENTIAL person got arrested somehow.

Examples:
    A doctor gets arrested for, let’s say assault, and disorderly conduct, it’s lowpop, and our only other doctor is prepping for the APC, usually in this scenario it’s no big deal, you do the crime you serve the time, but what happens is that the APC (along with the doc) becomes lost, as in, the VCs decided to do a suicide charge behind xeno lines and got trapped, and the doc permaed/got capped. In this scenario (if the arrested doc is still the only doc in the ship), I would pardon the doc under HEAVY scrutiny that he won’t pull whatever shit he just did again.

A CAS PO fires a direct on a wrong flare, and he ends up gibbing a couple marines, including a spec, and is charged with manslaughter. I talk with the PO and after some reassurance from him, I let him go, seeing that I trust him and he’s displayed some competence at his job. Because after all we all make mistakes sometimes don’t we? And I’m certain that after deleting 3-5 people out of the game (including a spec) will reinforce the fact that said PO will double to triple check before he fires a direct again.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by rich-imhotep-blood; 02-16-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I'll kick this off
    I've had you in my staff and I usually think "this operation is gonna go better" with Richboold as Delta SL. I've also had them as XO, and I love the plans they've drawn up. Extremely creative and something that more commander members need to do. A competent player who is fun to be around. My only thing if they earned this whitelist, they would need to act more serious as CO. That's the only bad thing I have to say, everything else about this dude is positive.

+1

Good luck bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this old man sure knows how to cook a good burger
    Robust SL, excellent leader and overall solid as a cinder block

+ 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1. Great SL and XO. Good luck my man. Walk like an Egyptian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest +1, probably gonna be one of the better CO's on the roster once hes accepted. People enjoy playing under imhoptep and he knows what the command game is about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had a lot of fun in CIC with this guy as an XO/SO and lots of fun as an XO with him as an SL. I can't give you a +1 or a -1, but I can say that I (and many other players) believe you are suited for this role.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although my opinion might not be much, since I just got the whitelist, but Imhotep is a brilliant commander. I've played under him before, and he is actually good. People love him, and does some very interesting strategies.
    +1
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imhotep is a Solid SL, and a good XO, havent see him do anything stupid, Big +1

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great player to have around, not only skilled but if you see him, you know you'll get a funny interaction in your operation. Puts effort into making interesting rounds as XO. Hopefully we'll get to see even more if he gets accepted. +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily one of the best modern day commanders. He knows what he is doing, has good plans, executes them accordingly and has respect of marines. I think he is genuinely fit for this job. +1