User Tag List

Thread: My experience with SS13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post My experience with SS13

Now I have played a absolute shit ton of games in my 20 years life span, different genres, styles, different mechanics, whatever it may be? I have played it. I was playing Silent Hill 1 on the PS1 before I could even walk.

Fast forward to the year 2020, I discovered the YouTuber SsethStzeentach(huge fan, call me a cuck or whatever idc) and I watch his video on SS13, in said video he barely speaks about CM, mostly the other servers (which I am not such a big fan of) I download beyond almost directly after watching that video, yes beyond is older than I am, beyond is old enough to drink, I have no context to how Beyond came to be, all that I know is that it is home to one of the games I truly want to try out. After setting up my account, I see SS13 as well as a bunch of others. I start playing CM first, now as soon as I started I had no idea what to do, how to enable hotkeys, because back then you had to enable the usage of hotkeys using TAB I think. I google Hotkeys, memorize a few, first squad I joined was Alpha squad I think, I think I saw the SEA briefly? they gave me a few tips and I was well on my way to getting armed up. First gun I grab is the 1911 pistol, armed up and ready to go, I head to medical and start shooting up the place, I kid you not. After encountering a admeme, I told them I was AFK and my little brother took control and it wasnt my fault, which it 100% was lmao. I got a 3 hour ban which was not a big deal, trust me. I got perma hardware banned on another server upon joining because of my Beyond user name which was ADOLFYEETLER at the time, cringe as hell. Ive had a few Beyond accounts, my current one is my account that I will always use.

Ive played a few roles thus far, PFC mostly of course, engie I enjoy a lot, my second most played role. Ive played MP as well for a tad bit, like 10 hours on that, Its a okay role can be super chilled but also maddening at times. Most fun roles imo is Bravo engie or just bravo PFC. Im really inconsistent when it comes this game, most games really. At times I am insanely robust and at times im a literal CM AI. Playing xenos just aint it for me man, I tried a few times but it just aint working plus its not so fun for me. If you like it then props to you fam.

This game is one of the best games Ive ever played and ill play it till the servers outlive the queen of England, which it probs will. The games difficulty curve is the highest when you start playing, then it chills but then spikes again when trying to master a role, I know im pointing out the obvious as most of you are veterans of this game. When i started playing? I was super addicted even though I was super horrible at the game. These days i dont play too much, I have a full time job and Im moving to Johannesburg within the next week or two to start college which im quite exited for.

I still havent mastered weapons in this game? I use M41A and shotty here and there, and HPR as bravo to cade hug which is fun as hell, Also fun using it on the front if know how to. The weapon play is a bit weird to be honest, still havent figured it out quite yet, sometimes it works great, other times? Not so much. I havent used pistols in a hot while, think last when I was MP, we were on red and xenos was about to crash so i couldnt make it to the code red armory. I think if they are used right they might be fun but surely not really effective. I started using macros recently after a long struggle to figure out how they work, only using them for emotes right now though I feel the base mechanics are good enough to be decent at combat if you know your ins and outs.

I have a decent story here and there but its more for like a in game character types of stories. A lot of them come from being a helping hand in the APC, like manning the turret or whatever. Let me tell you how truly terrified you are when all the marines fell back and APC tried to give cover, now youre surrounded. You manage to hold off xenos for a short while with APC turrets before they fail from taking too much damage. Before you know it you are being walled in, one exit is open. You and the 4 other marines decide to wait a bit and see what happens, charlie PFC decides to make a run for it, as soon as he leaves the APC you hear him dying almost immediately, deciding not to leave you and your comrades decide to stay in APC, there are MREs, a ammo box or two and a decent amount of med supplies, after 20 minutes of trying to call CIC from APC phone with no response you decide to just leave it up for chance, dying really doesnt seem as bad right now. After another 5 minutes of silence, you hear something breaking the walls outside, surely just a xeno trying to rearrange the walls yeah? "hello? anyone in there?" exclaims the DP. DP came looking for safety on the colony that was home to extreme danger not too long ago, "the ship was destroyed" he says, most if not all of your comrades are dead, men and woman you were fighting side by side with just gone. You and your only squad seek refuge on the colony, waiting to hear from another ship nearby.

Of course there is more, but long story short I love the community of the game, the game itself is good but, i came for the game and stayed for the community.

My character name in game is Hawke van Dyck, im sure some you saw me around here and there. If you see me, say Hi :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDeich01 View Post
    My character name in game is Hawke van Dyck
    Dicks younger brother?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember you. you're that random bald marine we teleported into engineering side ERT shuttle landing spot for no reason and then you manage to keep dodging queen neuro for some reason. I was actually quite impressed by it.