0 Thread(s)

Onkel_Anon - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Onkel_Anon

Player Name You Use Most?
    Emerson 'Muffin' Styles

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    no applications yet, no bans ever recieved

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC+1

What is your discord username and handle?
    LittleLight#0690

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The "job" of a commander is it to motivate the marines and handle any bigger problems that occur on the almayer aswell as on the ground

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    i want to try a few new tactics and like that shiny blue icon

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    A brief history of your CO character and how they rose to the rank of Captain:
    Emerson did lead many Squads into battle and most of the time returned every marine in them, one time the CO, Xo, and most other officers were incapacitated and the crew voted her to take command. The mission ended in a success despite the failures of the former command staff and high command promoted her.

A short story describing one of your CO’s operations, such as their first operation:
    Emersons first operation was during a standard border patrol. Her captain stopped a Transport ship and did send a small away-team to check it, as she entered the ship with her former SL Mr. Dunmeier, around 20 Pirates opened fire upon them. She could do nothing as she saw how her friends and mentors were drowning in a ocean of bullets. Her patrol cruiser shot a hole into the wall of the transporter after the screams of terror came in over radio. The explosion caused instantaniosly a hull breach sending both the pirates and Emerson into space. After she got recovered she swore to herself to always protect her companions

A dossier of your CO’s service record, achievements, and a brief description:
    as CO Emerson focuses on flanks and smaller harder to notice teams, if you have one bigger main force keeping the enemy busy, and a smaller team going around the edges of the AO, you have a immense advantage
    In terms of personality she is rather thoughtfull, she might be as motivated as a delta before drop, but never does something without being sure about the consequences.
    A slower and well organised assault is more her style than a big ball of flesh rolling over the enemy

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    40 hours as SL
    22 as SO
    15 as RO
    10 as XO
    27 as RTO

and if we take other servers in account around 200 as HoP, 60 as Captain

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    10, i know 30 are needed, but lets be real, knowing how to stare at SOs is less important than knowing how things go on the ground

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    the only real department i did lead on CM was Req
    I always manage to motivate my workers, and plan funny and impressive projects

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    i know how not to be a asshole and that i can hold briefing and debrief in every area not needed by the shipcrew, like the boxing ring, or shooting range... might aswell make debrief in the toilets since not many attend to them

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    when someone is with intent harming other marines in a physical way
    or if a SL disobeys direct orders that make sense and tells his squad to follow him

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    if he can proove he is innocent or if there are more important and dangerous situations going on on the ship

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 from me. The app is low effort and you are significantly lacking in command playtime and are under the required XO hours. I recommend you withdraw this and spend the next couple of months playing command roles more. In the future take a look at other CO WL apps for reference on what is expected.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't take a genius to say that this application is, unfortunately, not meeting the standards of the CO whitelist at all. Your story is way too short, your XO playtime is below the mandatory 30-hour XO playtime requirement and your answers to the questions provided are extremely short. If you are serious about getting the CO whitelist, I strongly recommend:

- Getting the required 30 hours of XO.
    - Reading other applications, both accepted and denied, to see the ideal length and effort to put into apps.
    - Making your application answers longer than 1-2 sentences.
    - Writing a proper, fleshed-out story. The story serves more as an indication of the effort you put into the app than anything else, and having a low-effort story indicates to us a low-effort app.
    - Asking other community members and members of the CO Council about feedback on your application. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

The "Applying for the CO Whitelist" thread on this application forum is available with help and guidelines if you'd like to use it.

Until then, this application is denied. You may reapply in 30 days on 3/21/2022.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump