User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Removing MP Protections (As a MP Main)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why did we for the longest time have more available mp roles than survs. there should be like only 2 MPs each round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally just remove MPs. Replace them with a honor gaurd. Keep the Riotsquad ERT if the ungas get too unruly.
    There. I've just fixed 98% of player bitching. Hand me my medal.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs do not have any additional protections outside of the RP standards and Rules we enforce for every Marine player:

- Lethal escalation is only justified in life threatening situations. Getting arrested is not a life threatening situation.

- Acting in a way that disrupts the flow of the round, especially before first drop, is covered by our roundstart shenanigans rule. It is not on the MP that you decided to try and avoid IC responsibility for your IC actions by running onto a Dropship in hopes it creates a riot if they go through with the arrest. And do not give me the "skill issue" response - if the MPs do indeed robust the entire dropship with the tools they have at their disposal, the argument very quickly reverts to "well they shouldn't be making DS arrests in the first place". No. The MPs are obligated by the rules to respond to your actions. And you will be held responsible if your shenanigans' end up derailing the round.

We also tried removing MPs as a test and as far as I could tell almost everyone in staff who watched it go down hated it. As did a fair share of the players.

MPs have a place in current CM because we are an RP sever and they are a RP-heavy role. There are no plans on removing them (and in our current situation I, in my capacity as Manager consider any idea that starts with "remove MPs" a nonstarter and will not consider it) or to change the expectations for the roles in any significant way as for the most part they currently serve their purpose and most issues caused by dropship arrests were resolved by establishing enforcement standards as they currently are.
    Senior Administrator

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    - Lethal escalation is only justified in life threatening situations. Getting arrested is not a life threatening situation.
    What if marine is being arrested for a crime that possible punishment is execution?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs are still ass and just as many fair share of people I know do infact. absolutely hate them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys get protected?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will post a long response tomorrow. Still crafting it. This is a good discussion that needs to be had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MP mains, dev, staff and the player base can all benefit from this discussion. Lets not reduce this thread to bashing MPs as it would likely get locked. Honest discussion is happening here. I would like to thank administrator and long time MP main Solidfury for his input on the issue. I would also like to thank CABAL for his input. CABAL you offer cutting insight into the issue. I also thank everyone else who has provided input. This is an honest and fair discussion.

I propose a few possible fixes to the MP issue. If the below is already an option let me know.

1)A focus on NJP’s for minor offenses and not traveling to Brig to be processed. I honestly think this will reduce much of the problem.

2)Some kind of faster travel to the brig like a mobile prison cage.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    What if marine is being arrested for a crime that possible punishment is execution?
    Lethal resistance is allowed AFTER a marine is scheduled to be executed, meaning that they are indeed under lethal threat, but not in cases where what they're being arrested for only has the potential to get them executed; otherwise every jailbreak would immediately mean that lethals are allowed and that is not something that we wish to see on the server as part of regular rounds at present.
    Senior Administrator

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    snip
    So its all a lie. You can be in a situation where your life is threatened (with arrest), but you can only "resist" when you got the sentence, which means you are in brig cell, unarmed, most likely cuffed, flashed, peppersprayed, stunbattoned and straight-jacketed.
    Any jackass MP who would want to 100% powergame avoid jailbreak would just straight-jacket every marine scheduled to execution, so the only way this marine saves his life is screaming over comms to come and save him thus inviting big, round distrupting jailbreak. And those marines from outside, who initiatiate jailbreak can't shoot at MP's either, untill they get a sentence, that is.

So in short, this doesn't fix anything. Rules break themselfs, because you can use lethals if your life is in danger, but you can't lethal when your life is in danger, but MPs are involved, then you can only use lethals after being arrested, in cell, straight-jacketed.

Loophole on a loophole, this is how I see it. This way anyone but marine which life is threatened is given benefit of a doubt. CO about to BE you? If he doesn't outright state "I'm going to BE you", you can't do shit untill he fires first bullet, by that time you are already stunned and thus dead. And if you do anything before he does, he can weasel his way out saying that he never intended to BE you and you can't prove him otherwise untill he shoots.
    MP's about to arrest you for crime that execution is a likely sentence? You gotta get arrested mate and if they slap execution sentence THEN you can use lethals. Oh, stripping you out of all your weapons, cuffing you, straight-jacketting you is already a common, or even must-have pratice? Well, you can use lethals man, what else do you want? Its a life-threating situation, mate, use them freely.

This achieves nothing positive, this means that lethal force against other humans can't be used outside events. Literally just make that rule that you can't shoot any other human untill its event under no circumstance. Simple, no loopholes, no "hopes", no "dreams", straight and honest.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-27-2022 at 10:30 AM.