User Tag List

Thread: Staff Report - TezR4T, Silencer_pl (upheld the ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staff Report - TezR4T, Silencer_pl (upheld the ban)

Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    Nancok
    Date of Incident
    March 26, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Puck Robertsons
    Their BYOND Key
    TezR4T, Silencer_pl (upheld the ban)
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 11PM, Date is exactly as above
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    I was contacted earlier today for using a name deemed in breach of the rules regarding sexual content. After checking said rules it was determined that there was nothing in said rules that made the name not allowed, but it was LATER determined that it was not allowed and that amendments would be made to the rules to reflect this, since it was not shown there.

As such this warning was invalid, altho i am going to change my nick to comply with the new rules. This is NOT the issue being discussed here since it was handled nicely and without issues, but is relevant for the actual issue at hand.

Important to mention that both my xeno and marine nicknames have been the same for months now

Later on i was contacted saying that my marine nickname was a +18 word in another language, this is obviously not mentioned in the rules AND i was not aware it was a thing, since accounting ALL languages in the realms of what words are and aren't allowed seems pretty much illogical. Specially when the server is exclusively in english. So again, i had no idea it could ever be an issue

However the issue is, again, not this specifically, since if a ruling is made that it IS indeed not an allowed nickname i have no issue with changing it.
    But TezR4T used the excuse of today's invalid warning being a reason for a 24 hour ban.
    Since the first warning was invalid due to there not being rules about it, this other ruling, which again was not in the rules either, should also be considered invalid.
    Evidence
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...55739985747999

Link to Silencer_pl's message confirming that he supported the ban, he and Tez can probably fill y'all in with anything else
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Overturn the ban and remove it from the record, since it was invalid
    I SPECIALLY DO NOT seek any punishment to any staff involved, altho i would like someone to clarify things so this kind of stuff does not happen again.
    I also want to clarify that i WILL change my nickname if it is deemed +18
    Last edited by Nancok; 03-27-2022 at 02:09 AM. Reason: wording

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We discussed this on discord, in regards to the xeno nickname, I'm currently having forest add it to the rules wiki, but when XENO nicknames were added, I was part of the management team that ruled xeno nicknames couldn't be considered 18+/NSFW/slurs/insults. It's been discussed and if a reasonable person can believe the nickname to be an abbreviation for something bad, it's not allowed. This is the same argument that comes up "I've had the name for months now." Just because no one noticed it or never ahelped it, when someone suddenly realizes it, it doesn't become null and void.

We never allowed xeno nicknames such as:
    DIK (Dick)
    RPE (Rape)
    FAG (Obvious)
    CNT (CUNT)
    CBT (Obvious)
    NIG (Obvious)
    XIG (Obvious)

As far as your ban for the other nickname, here are the logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As ThesoliderLLJK said, your name is unacceptable. You've been warned twice today for 18+ nicknames, and did it a third time anyway. Despite being an English speaking server, that doesn't mean 18+ content is acceptable in other languages. Please stop trying to give yourself an 18+ name.

Resolved - Denied, Tezrat acted appropriately.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???