User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Related LRP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lrp pred honor.jpg

If you respect Honor duals as a marine, you are stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCow View Post
    As Predators stand now they are soft griefers that follow a grief code.
    I think I like this description. The Predcode is essentially a grief code at this point.

What I'm getting from this is they should either be forced to actually play the game, or be removed.

Also, the fact that the other Preds show up to a round, and then go on a rampage if they're buddy get's ganged up on by Xenos is absurd. If he's dumb enough to get caught by a group of Xenos, then clearly he's a very poor hunter.

To fix Predators I think a number of game rules need to added that encourage roleplay within the context of the franchise.
    #1: Predator's objective should be to kill the Queen, the ultimate prize. This encourages Xenos v Pred conflict. The Xenos half to guard the Queen, and combat the Pred, the Pred has to get through the Xenos to get to the Queen.
    #2: Marines should be heavily benefited from capturing a Pred, or any Pred gear. This encourages Marine v Pred conflict. The Pred should avoid the marines, but fight them if he has to. The Marines should be actively trying to pursue the Pred for "research."
    #3: If a Pred is captured by either side, 1 other Predator is allowed to spawn and either save his fellow Predator, ensure that a Pred-Alien isn't spawned, or destroy his fellow's equipment. If that second Pred dies then GG, RIP. Get good Predators.
    #4: More than 1 Pred alive at a time is OP bullshit.
    Last edited by SandersdeKFC; 02-27-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao at people saying predators need to be nerfed even more.

I've seen a bazillion marines 1v1 preds easily with PB buckshot and recently, there has been a rise of anti-pred squads that just run around killing prrds and taking their gear to bait them more.

2-3 PBs with buckshot will slowdown a pred and getting slowed down as a pred = death.

And don't get me started on scout, sadar and pyro specs which are certified pred killers with their weapons.

For xenos sure, preds are strong and are actually really scary and should not be fucked with. But as Marine, you get so many tools to kill preds.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since combat hugging was removed can xenos even infect a pred now? Only way I can think of is tackle spamming him and hoping some drone or a carrier is around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriedMilk View Post
    Lmao at people saying predators need to be nerfed even more.

I've seen a bazillion marines 1v1 preds easily with PB buckshot and recently, there has been a rise of anti-pred squads that just run around killing prrds and taking their gear to bait them more.

2-3 PBs with buckshot will slowdown a pred and getting slowed down as a pred = death.

And don't get me started on scout, sadar and pyro specs which are certified pred killers with their weapons.

For xenos sure, preds are strong and are actually really scary and should not be fucked with. But as Marine, you get so many tools to kill preds.

This thread isn't about nerfing Preds, it's about how Preds currently contribute nothing to the game, and never have any RP aside from, "Hey what team do you wanna grief today? Wanna go stand in front of the Marines for 20 minuets and write prose they can't understand about how dope we are?"

It's lame. Combat between Marines x Xenos x Preds should be encouraged more is the point of this thread, and situations where both teams are too pussyfooted to interact with the Preds at all shouldn't be a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the thing. If I were to nerf predators, due to how finicky armor is, there's a very high chance they'd just outright die to 1 AP burst or 1 buckshot blast. Which is why projectile resist SHOULD be high.

Nerfing melee resist is not off the list however. I'd get behind that.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's currently no benefit to spending effort fighting a pred as a xeno right now, because killing it is hard, capturing it is even harder, and don't get me started on how they can't be nested or how they can just call their buds to gang up on the hive and you're basically guaranteed to lose half of it unless the preds are decent players and only focus on the infected dude.

As a marine, preds are currently tanky AF when it comes to melee. And with the mechanic of head KO removed, you really are risking a hell of a lot to even fight one in a melee duel. When it comes to guns though, that's when it gets fun, but pissing off a wrong team of preds that consists of multiple robust players can basically mean the end of the round for every single one of the marine side.

Fighting against pred is simply just too volatile. You can get a bad pred who's basically a free loot crate/pred ayyy (who will be useless because the shit pred player is the only one that can play the pred ayy larva lmao), or you can get a good pred that just dumpster all over you.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have and had fun roleplaying with them, but that's mainly thanks to players that play them.

Sadly In game it's literally just; Introduction, Honor Duel, Apprentice for the marine side and that's all, there's nothing else you can do in terms of RP.

And for xenos it's literally nothing, just stay away from preds unless you're a somewhat robust elder lurker.

Also, people that defend preds (please don't post that meme) make my blood boil.

There was a big red round two weeks back, I was with semi-crippled Sally Shears near ETA podlocks, eventually a pred appeared - of course we opened fire, Sally sadly died after her splints fell off and the same thing happened to me, on the other side the pred ended up in crit, literally crawling away with 3 fractures - one hit away from death.
    Of course there was a charlie marine named Evelyn Meer watching the entire fight, you know what he did? Yeah, he started chasing the pred and throwing his fucking first aid pouch at him instead of telling the medics where we are. We both DNRd like 6 tiles away from the nearest medic.

I asked him why did he do that on the discord and he replied with "don't pick fights with preds" or some shit like that.

It's fucking unbelievable how some players have no idea how weak preds are at the moment, all 4 preds would be dead before the 13:00 mark every single round if marines weren't afraid of them

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    snip
    the worst is when the predator is literally trolling you and your team wont help you at all. Like when im an alien and they keep breaking the weeds under me while im trying to heal or when im a marine and they take my gun and throw it away from me. Just stupid little things like that trying to goad you into attacking them. Your team is like "just ignore them". Its like nah how bout we surround this bitch and kill it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    the worst is when the predator is literally trolling you and your team wont help you at all. Like when im an alien and they keep breaking the weeds under me while im trying to heal or when im a marine and they take my gun and throw it away from me. Just stupid little things like that trying to goad you into attacking them. Your team is like "just ignore them". Its like nah how bout we surround this bitch and kill it.
    Yeah, I saw numerous people getting mutilated alive in front off their squad and everyone is like "yo fault lmao"

This is one of the most autistic things your teammates can do - on both sides.